Official Vent Thread

What airline?
Jetblue. To be fair. I might have had my phone muted. I was on hold during family dinner and if the phone had not been muted I would not have heard the phone as we talked. Not sure I took it off, though the CSR never said I can't hear you, either.

Meanwhile they got back to me on Twitter DM. Apparently they cannot fix that they rebooked one daughter tomorrow evening out of JFK and my wife, other daughter and me out of Newark 2 hours later. It was 2 itineraries (1 cash 1 points), but booked and managed under same account (mine), at same time, same flight, sitting together, with same last names, and all members of the same family points pool. And they think it's OK to send 3 of us 4-5 counties away in a different state, across 2 rivers and multiple tolls, and driving thru midtown Manhattan on Christmas afternoon to get to an airport. With 2 cabs and one going to jersey my local cab cost more than tripled. Newark is a "NY-area" airport for people in Manhattan. But nobody in Queens goes to Newark. It's fucking lunatic. I don't go to RBA and I don't fly in or out of Newark.

Last edited:
Finally received my call back and that agent was able to help me. We're all flying tomorrow night from JFK, slightly later than the rebooked flights but really not so much that it matters. Compared to our original departure time we're losing nearly an entire vacation day, but it's the best result that could have been hoped for.

People feel way to entitled. It's the holidays, everyone is off, so expect that everyone is off.

1640699513489.png

1640699558885.png

Seriously! The offseason is long. They aren't gonna smack out the entire season recap the day after MLS Cup. They want a break just like everyone else, and I'm sure they have plans for what and when to release stuff. Our media team has been pretty good with videos etc.

The fact that boneystarks (great name btw) had to go out of their way on their time off and essentially tell them off ("Give us a few. It's the holidays lol." is such a passive aggressive response and I love it) makes me angry.

Reactions: Schwallacus
People feel way to entitled. It's the holidays, everyone is off, so expect that everyone is off.

View attachment 11783

View attachment 11784

Seriously! The offseason is long. They aren't gonna smack out the entire season recap the day after MLS Cup. They want a break just like everyone else, and I'm sure they have plans for what and when to release stuff. Our media team has been pretty good with videos etc.

The fact that boneystarks (great name btw) had to go out of their way on their time off and essentially tell them off ("Give us a few. It's the holidays lol." is such a passive aggressive response and I love it) makes me angry.
Is that user the intern? (No)

My car is falling apart. I bought it at an auction for a couple hundred bucks back in August and put about 2k into a few things to get it road worthy. I planned to drive it for a few months and when the truck I ordered from Ford came in, I'd be all set. Used cars are crazy expensive and I refuse to pay market prices these days.
Ford has kept holding production back due to supply chain non-sense so I won't see my truck until May, assuming no further delays. In the mean-time, my auction piece makes every single rattle possible, guzzlers gas and looks gross!

Please fix the damn chip situation!

My car is falling apart. I bought it at an auction for a couple hundred bucks back in August and put about 2k into a few things to get it road worthy. I planned to drive it for a few months and when the truck I ordered from Ford came in, I'd be all set. Used cars are crazy expensive and I refuse to pay market prices these days.
Ford has kept holding production back due to supply chain non-sense so I won't see my truck until May, assuming no further delays. In the mean-time, my auction piece makes every single rattle possible, guzzlers gas and looks gross!

Please fix the damn chip situation!
I read someone on another forum today who received notice their car is fully assembled except for one chip, and they can expect to take delivery 40+ weeks after they ordered.
Hope yours comes sooner.

Reactions: Schwallacus
I read someone on another forum today who received notice their car is fully assembled except for one chip, and they can expect to take delivery 40+ weeks after they ordered.
Hope yours comes sooner.
Yup May will be 40 weeks for me, currently scheduled for late March production and 4 to 6 weeks for delivery. Hopefully they have all the chips on hand when mine rolls off the line!

I know the supply chain is crazy right now but this has been wild. I never thought I would buy a new car, but because so few new cars have been built in the last two years, used cars are wild, and new cars that are on the lots are going way over MSRP. Some people who are getting their trucks already have been immediately flipping them for a profit. I got an offer from a co-worker who will pay me $5,000 to let him go take my order when it finally comes in. If I could find something reasonable I would jump all over that.

Reactions: mgarbowski
My fault for continuing to fall victim to this, but I inadvertently recorded the second showing of the game on FS1 (rather than the original) so that my youngest with the earliest bedtime could watch the game in the morning. The poor kid woke up extra early before school, was so excited to watch and FS1 showed him the final score on the scroll in the first few minutes. Why do all of the sports channels still screw this up? Do they not realize that they do this? Is it for some reason difficult/impossible for them to control the settings on the score scroll? Whatever it is, it's such a flaw.

My fault for continuing to fall victim to this, but I inadvertently recorded the second showing of the game on FS1 (rather than the original) so that my youngest with the earliest bedtime could watch the game in the morning. The poor kid woke up extra early before school, was so excited to watch and FS1 showed him the final score on the scroll in the first few minutes. Why do all of the sports channels still screw this up? Do they not realize that they do this? Is it for some reason difficult/impossible for them to control the settings on the score scroll? Whatever it is, it's such a flaw.
Don't some people have the "tape over the sports scores" thing? You might want to consider that during the games

Reactions: JayH
Don't some people have the "tape over the sports scores" thing? You might want to consider that during the games
Would be a great setting on TVs to crop the bottom 2 inches of a screen...

youtube TV is pretty good about recording the live/original broadcast. all you need to do is add your favorite teams to your profile and it will automatically record all games your team is playing and only the original broadcast.

maybe your service can do the same thing? that way you aren't inadvertently recording the rerun.