Official Vent Thread

The Blue City Radio podcast guys, including Mike Allen below, mention 21,000 attendance -- tickets distributed -- for Saturday's match. Didn't sound like anything they had to seek out.
And 2,000 for the midweek FC Dallas game earlier in the month, with the caveat that Crooks and others estimated the actual crowd at more like 300. So the numbers are out there, if not on mlssoocer.com as before.

SoupInNYC SoupInNYC Any idea whether the attendance figures are part of in-game or postgame communications with media members?

ETA: Here is the podcast, for those interested. Discussion starts at 8:04 and lasts for just over a minute.
It's not part of anything I've ever received but not sure if that's distributed to others, or if it's available upon request. I've never tried.

Reactions: MumonA
"Use Classpass! It works!"
... It got the place's schedule wrong. :/
Anyone have experience with classpass and if I just had a fluke experience?

Reactions: LionNYC and canchon
You suck de Blasio

The article doesn’t account for MLS, but still applies.
You suck de Blasio

prodatatek.com and pdt-myd.com. I got 4 charges, $49.60, $49.95, $2.00, $0.95. Fraud. If you see these in your bank account, take action.
(fwiw the websites are exactly the same and... not a very convincing website)
1634222344199.png
1634222363656.png

• Wow
Reactions: mgarbowski
A service I use has nagged me regularly to change my password for 2-3 weeks. I last changed it 1 year ago. I went after them on Twitter.

My password manager has more than 1,400 entries. If each one required me to create a new password annually, and assuming each change takes 2 minutes, that is almost 47 hours per year. That's insane. I know why they suggest changing them, but if you choose good ones, keep them secure (don't write them down) and don't reuse them, then the need to change them regularly is less, and honestly, at 47 hours a year, then (IMO) just not worth it. I maintain good password practices, and I decide when to update them. They actually agreed to turn off the nags for me.

NY Giants post a good luck message.
Yankees didn't.

Now I don't really care if any of the other NY teams post, but you'd think the Yankees would, being yanno part owners... It's just for show yes, but still seems pretty daft to me. Maybe they'll post something before the game? But I doubt it

NY Giants post a good luck message.
Yankees didn't.

Now I don't really care if any of the other NY teams post, but you'd think the Yankees would, being yanno part owners... It's just for show yes, but still seems pretty daft to me. Maybe they'll post something before the game? But I doubt it
I figure we might get some more today. I think the Knicks, Jets, and Yankees have posted good luck to NYCFC before when we didn’t even get this far.

Reactions: Shwafta
BIG OOF

So, over a year ago (November 2020) my fiancé put pen to paper and signed a contract for our wedding venue location, date, and time. The location and time don't matter too much with this, but the date is...

DECEMBER 11, 2021

Of fucking course.

I am incredibly excited and anxious in the build up to the best day of my life, but part of me just wonders what the hell. Free open Saturday that's at the start of the holiday season, just before full holiday chaos begins! Nothing important could really be happening then, right?!?

Not to worry too much, there will be ample time between the wedding mass/ceremony and the start of the reception. There will 100% be an NYCFC Cup Final viewing occurring in the bridal suite, I can tell you that much. Going to see if I can get the club to send us a Heinieken mini keg or something, since we will have at least 5-6 other NYCFC STH there.

Also glad I got to go to Philly yesterday, was great to see the last minute winner live. So much chaos and emotion in the stands right there.

BING. BONG.

BIG OOF

So, over a year ago (November 2020) my fiancé put pen to paper and signed a contract for our wedding venue location, date, and time. The location and time don't matter too much with this, but the date is...

DECEMBER 11, 2021

Of fucking course.

I am incredibly excited and anxious in the build up to the best day of my life, but part of me just wonders what the hell. Free open Saturday that's at the start of the holiday season, just before full holiday chaos begins! Nothing important could really be happening then, right?!?

Not to worry too much, there will be ample time between the wedding mass/ceremony and the start of the reception. There will 100% be an NYCFC Cup Final viewing occurring in the bridal suite, I can tell you that much. Going to see if I can get the club to send us a Heinieken mini keg or something, since we will have at least 5-6 other NYCFC STH there.

Also glad I got to go to Philly yesterday, was great to see the last minute winner live. So much chaos and emotion in the stands right there.

BING. BONG.
What a great sign. It's going to make your special day even more memorable and fun. And if we lose, you are the only one of us who is still going to win big that day. Congrats, man.

What a great sign. It's going to make your special day even more memorable and fun. And if we lose, you are the only one of us who is still going to win big that day. Congrats, man.
Also anyone with babies due around December 11?

If so and the baby is born on December 11 and we win MLS Cup, you must name the child after our game winning goal scorer. No exceptions.

BIG OOF

DECEMBER 11, 2021

Of fucking course.

BING. BONG.
Not the same, but I bought tickets to the Army Navy game for myself and my father as his Christmas gift. We always said if it was at MetLife we would go. Both games kick off at 3. When I bought the tickets I thought “no way we make the final”. Ooops… if I didn’t have these tickets I’d be on my way to Portland with y’all and it would have been great to finally meet some of you. Already told my dad I’ll be watching the cup final on my phone and ignoring the Army Navy game. Quite the expensive ticket to watch a game on my phone haha. Anyway I’ll be cheering my heart out from New Jersey. Cant wait.

Nothing like filling out an NYCFC survey to make one take stock in his life.

From 0-100, how important is NYCFC to your life?

From 0-100, how much do you set aside time to watch NYCFC matches?

My numbers were higher than they really should be.

wait a minute... the email said i was specially selected to take part. YOU MEAN I WASN'T THAT SPECIAL!?!?!?

Centralized IT for large government bodies. They are over worked and are asked to do too much that they aren’t trained to do. The guy I’ve been working with doesn’t understand the problem I am having and thinks I’m being inept instead of actually understanding the problem I’ve explained 4 times.