Official Vent Thread

At this point, I'd be happy with the 6th seed in the eastern conference. To having to watch NYCFC play a one game playoff on the road just to make the eastern semifinals.

I know it is frustrating to watch this team right now but let's all take a step back and realize, WE HAVE SHITTY PLAYERS IN ALL of the important positions except for Villa. Villa was on an island tonight vs the Revs. They are swarming him all night long because they knew our other players suck ass.
If that is true, what kind of moron takes off a striker for a midfielder when you are losing?

I really don't care about being down a man. Lose by one or three doesn't matter, if you are trying to win, you don't take off the only relief valve for your best player. If Mullins was tired, bring on nemec

If that is true, what kind of moron takes off a striker for a midfielder when you are losing?

I really don't care about being down a man. Lose by one or three doesn't matter, if you are trying to win, you don't take off the only relief valve for your best player. If Mullins was tired, bring on nemec
Tom I respect your opinions about this team but taking Mullins out and bringing in Poku was the right decision. All game long our midfield wasn't able to hold on to the ball and make three consecutive forward passes. Poke is one of our better midfielders with the ball and he always looks up as soon as he gets the ball to start and attack. If you want to say something about Kreis, maybe talk about why he is insistent on playing guys like Grabavoy over Poku especially at CAM, or attacking mid. I don't care about fitness. Start Poku and let him play as long as he can and then take him out. You need your best players out there for majority of the game and in the midfield Poku is one of our best.

Reactions: Gavin23
Poku has been on our team how long now? Hell, the season is nearly 2/3 gone. If he isn't fit enough to play an entire match, then I blame the coaching staff.
I was thinking this when Angelinio went out, looking kind of gassed. He's 18, been training as a pro athlete since how long, and he's not match fit?!?! Then I decided to give him a pass because maybe he's not used to playing against opponents with the size and physicality he faced last night. He's kind of slight in comparison. But then I thought -- what's the deal with Poku? Absolute prime at age 23, and pretty big and strong himself.

Poku has been on our team how long now? Hell, the season is nearly 2/3 gone. If he isn't fit enough to play an entire match, then I blame the coaching staff.
I think it's up to Poku as well to make himself more fit,hopefully he will work harder in training so he can play full 90' and save us a sub so we can bring in Kwame or Wingert so we can benefit from their fantastic service on the back line.

Tom I respect your opinions about this team but taking Mullins out and bringing in Poku was the right decision. All game long our midfield wasn't able to hold on to the ball and make three consecutive forward passes. Poke is one of our better midfielders with the ball and he always looks up as soon as he gets the ball to start and attack. If you want to say something about Kreis, maybe talk about why he is insistent on playing guys like Grabavoy over Poku especially at CAM, or attacking mid. I don't care about fitness. Start Poku and let him play as long as he can and then take him out. You need your best players out there for majority of the game and in the midfield Poku is one of our best.
I didn't care about poku coming in. I've thought he should start. It's the going to a 441 instead of the 432 down a man. Villa gets killed as the lone striker. With him alone, I think we've scored in only one game like that, Toronto.

I didn't care about poku coming in. I've thought he should start. It's the going to a 441 instead of the 432 down a man. Villa gets killed as the lone striker. With him alone, I think we've scored in only one game like that, Toronto.
That I agree with you. Having Villa on top by himself is a lost cause but again, on the road on that turf, etc....not trying to make excuses for Kreis. I still think judging him by what has happened so far this year not completely fair. Its still way to early to give up on Kreis. Believe me if NYCFC was stupid enough to let him go, Toronto FC would pick him up right away, if not TFC, any other team needing a great coach. If after a full offseason or two, he is still making questionable subs, or playing folks in wrong positions, then I would say it would be warranted. But its way too soon at this time.

That USMNT loss has me angry and nobody deserving of my wrath. So:
F#ck that two-timing prick Frank Lampard who faked his own contract signing a year ago this week and is smiling all over the fucking place while he does everything but play for NYCFC. Smiling for MCFC. Smiling for NY-based Chelsea fans. F$ck him, f*ck the MCFC fans and f%ck the Chelsea fans.

Whew.

Last edited:
Oh, and thanks, by the way, to Tim Howard, for picking today to announce he wants to return to the USMNT , get in Brad Guzan's head, and cause him to get a penalty on a throw. * Couldn't keep that mouth in your freakish bearded bald head shut.

Not even Saunders manages to get penalties on his throws.

The mexico panama game has my blood boiling.

I want to CONCACAF everything right now. I mean seriously, soccer needs a replay system. What are the two reasons against it: continuity of play and the human element...
- Continuity of Play: There are enough cameras on the field during high profile matches that the 4th ref or a 5th ref can watch the screen and make the correct call and talk into the ear of the official or have something pop up on his watch like they have for goal like technology. It wouldn't take more than 30 seconds to get it right.
- Human Element: If you're on the bad side of the human element during a call you're fucking pissed. And there will always be a time when you're on the wrong side of the call.

The Fifa and FA leaders who have turned our sport into a whore don't want that because then shit like today would be hard to pull off.