Official Vent Thread

WE COULD HAVE HAD LARIN ON OUR TEAM IF WE CHOOSE THE 1ST OVERALL SUPERDRAFT PICK

I need to look back. I remember there was a lottery where NYCFC and Orlando went back and forth deciding Expansion Draft, Allocation Order, Superdraft order. I think we wanted first in something else so Orlando picked first in Superdraft.

I need to look back. I remember there was a lottery where NYCFC and Orlando went back and forth deciding Expansion Draft, Allocation Order, Superdraft order. I think we wanted first in something else so Orlando picked first in Superdraft.

Nope. Orlando selected the first pick in the expansion draft. We selected top spot in the allocation order. Then Orlando selected the first pick in the Superdraft.

I get why they wanted the allocation order spot. However, Orlando ended up buying Brek Shea before we bought Mix, which means we didn't even need the top spot. Frustrating.

Nope. Orlando selected the first pick in the expansion draft. We selected top spot in the allocation order. Then Orlando selected the first pick in the Superdraft.

I get why they wanted the allocation order spot. However, Orlando ended up buying Brek Shea before we bought Mix, which means we didn't even need the top spot. Frustrating.
I've thought that too, but then I wonder if we might have passed on Shea knowing that Mix was coming, and if orlando might have done the same if it had first allocation pick.

I've thought that too, but then I wonder if we might have passed on Shea knowing that Mix was coming, and if orlando might have done the same if it had first allocation pick.
There's no butterfly effect in footy when it comes to shit that could have made us better. You should know this.

But what was the thing that Kreis fucked up and called for the wrong thing?

Could there be a worse fit than Mix at Orlando? I honestly couldn't see Mix being on another team. To me, he's our talisman. But hey, I'm just trying to prove to you folks that I'm a soccer genius.

(How am I doing, btw? If you say poorly, I'll block your ass. )

Reactions: Paul
There's no butterfly effect in footy when it comes to shit that could have made us better. You should know this.

But what was the thing that Kreis fucked up and called for the wrong thing?

Could there be a worse fit than Mix at Orlando? I honestly couldn't see Mix being on another team. To me, he's our talisman. But hey, I'm just trying to prove to you folks that I'm a soccer genius.

(How am I doing, btw? If you say poorly, I'll block your ass. )
Kreis picked discovery over NASL/USL. Not sure how much difference that made.
I'll leave it to the imported arbiters of fandom to tell you you're doing poorly.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan

Lol true.

Nah, the real misfortune is losing the coin toss. There were three things of value in that selection process, and Orlando got two of them. If we had went first, we would have gotten the top spot in the allocation order, Orlando would have selected the first pick in the expansion draft, and we would have then gotten the top Superdraft pick and Cyle Larin.

Villa and Larin up top would be a dream right now.

Lol true.

Nah, the real misfortune is losing the coin toss. There were three things of value in that selection process, and Orlando got two of them. If we had went first, we would have gotten the top spot in the allocation order, Orlando would have selected the first pick in the expansion draft, and we would have then gotten the top Superdraft pick and Cyle Larin.

Villa and Larin up top would be a dream right now.
Knowing Kreis, he'd have called "Grabavoy" anyway.

Also, I'd take Roldan over Aj twice on days ending in "y", especially by this point in he season.

Larin and Villa would rival any top duo as best 1-2 punch in the MLS. Throw in Pirlo, Franky boy and Mix playing them in and that's as good as an attack as you'll find in this league.

Larin and Villa would rival any top duo as best 1-2 punch in the MLS. Throw in Pirlo, Franky boy and Mix playing them in and that's as good as an attack as you'll find in this league.
Which one is better than Dempsey and which is better than Martins?

Which one is better than Dempsey and which is better than Martins?

Key word is rival. I am not knocking Oba or Clint. I saw both of them and really only them torch us at the Stadium on May 2nd. Probably the best duo that has come through this year (Giovinco was alone). But no denying Larin would've teamed up with Villa incredibly. Khiry started off decent and seemed to start to get going with that tying 2-2 goal but then he got injured. Interested to see if he can spell Poku/Pirlo in the playoff run and help us win some games.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
Key word is rival. I am not knocking Oba or Clint. I saw both of them and really only them torch us at the Stadium on May 2nd. Probably the best duo that has come through this year (Giovinco was alone). But no denying Larin would've teamed up with Villa incredibly. Khiry started off decent and seemed to start to get going with that tying 2-2 goal but then he got injured. Interested to see if he can spell Poku/Pirlo in the playoff run and help us win some games.
Villa (or is it Giovinco?) best striker in the league, IMO, but Oba and Clint are insane as a pair. Larin looked good, but I wouldn't put him top 10 in the league right now.

Reactions: Mack
Villa (or is it Giovinco?) best striker in the league, IMO, but Oba and Clint are insane as a pair. Larin looked good, but I wouldn't put him top 10 in the league right now.
I agree with that Tom. Also, there's no guarantee that the duo of Larin and Villa would be as good of a strike force as Oba/Dempsey. Just because two players are great individually doesn't necessarily mean that they would have good chemistry playing together.

Hopefully Khiry turns out into a Larin-esque player. Otherwise, it would be a waste of a draft pick.

esp with Roldan available.
No shit. I already think Roldan is probably better than AJ for us. I am still shocked we didn't take him, given that he seemed like such a natural fit for Kreis.

I love Shelton, but it's hard to remember why when he hasn't been on the field in so long. Curious to see how and if he can fit in with the squad now.

Reactions: Paul
No shit. I already think Roldan is probably better than AJ for us. I am still shocked we didn't take him, given that he seemed like such a natural fit for Kreis.

I love Shelton, but it's hard to remember why when he hasn't been on the field in so long. Curious to see how and if he can fit in with the squad now.

I remember he played as a sub for us in the beginning. He was quick but only had one move. Defenses caught on.