Official Word From The Club On Supporter Section

Man, I was hoping for Lamepard to see my beautiful "Go back to your Shitizens" banner. Sigh. Skankee Stadium is lame. Can they play at Shitty Field?

Reactions: CP_Scouse
No way we ever get smoke allowed at any stadium in NYC, whether we own it or not. It's just not gonna happen. Some of the other rules are excessive, but flares and smoke is not surprising in the least.

why not smoke? they do it on Broadway. Im not talking about smoke and flares being tossed around the seats but after a goal or during a chant. The FD and PD will monitor it ( and probably make 3X as per their union) but thats fine the team can pay it or the 3rd rail. lighting off smoke or flares on the field is no different from cheerleaders on the field. they can have the same dudes who do the YMCA thing pull the tabs on the smoke . whats the big deal.
would i like to see happen "Organically" sure but our "nanny state" city wont allow it.

Reactions: deedsy
why not smoke? they do it on Broadway. Im not talking about smoke and flares being tossed around the seats but after a goal or during a chant. The FD and PD will monitor it ( and probably make 3X as per their union) but thats fine the team can pay it or the 3rd rail. lighting off smoke or flares on the field is no different from cheerleaders on the field. they can have the same dudes who do the YMCA thing pull the tabs on the smoke . whats the big deal.
would i like to see happen "Organically" sure but our "nanny state" city wont allow it.

You really don't understand the issue with untrained amateurs handling pyrotechnics at a public event?

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

Where did i say untrained amateurs. Did I say supervised by NYPD and NYFD. Read the post before you comment.

What makes a member of they nypd or fdny qualified to play with pyrotechnics? Fdny are equipped to put out a fire. Are you saying we should wait for someone to cause a fire because they were monitored? But it's ok because we're paying the fdny overtime to be there and put it out?

Or how about smoke? What happens when the smoke bomb goes off and an old lady falls down the stairs? Is that ok because the nypd are there to arrest the person that set the smoke off?

How do you not see why these are public safety issues? It's not like you're recommending the guys who do the 4 th of July fireworks come set up fireworks on game day.

I totally understand why they banned smoke and especially flares. No one should be surprised by that.

But calling smoke "pyrotechnics" is a little excessive. I used to sit right in front of the 1906 Ultras when I used to photograph the Earthquakes. They would set canisters that are exactly like the Sterno heaters that heat buffets on the ground in front of their section. Definitely not rocket science.

Reactions: deedsy
What makes a member of they nypd or fdny qualified to play with pyrotechnics? Fdny are equipped to put out a fire. Are you saying we should wait for someone to cause a fire because they were monitored? But it's ok because we're paying the fdny overtime to be there and put it out?

Or how about smoke? What happens when the smoke bomb goes off and an old lady falls down the stairs? Is that ok because the nypd are there to arrest the person that set the smoke off?

How do you not see why these are public safety issues? It's not like you're recommending the guys who do the 4 th of July fireworks come set up fireworks on game day.
1) if the fire department is there to oversee pyro, then all is fine.

2) the old lady shouldnt be there to begin with. Its a supporters section for a soccer game.

3)its a private event at a private venue. Its open to the public but it itself is not public.

What the heck is the matter with you
I guess you have never seen a college football game.
They often start this way.
must take hours to clean up all the fallen old ladies and people who got lit on fire.

1410356389339_wps_57_Texas_A_M_player_was_fitt.jpg
hi-res-2f8e942fec3e93cfa9307dc41daf1e16_crop_north.jpg

What the heck is the matter with you
I guess you have never seen a college football game.
They often start this way.
must take hours to clean up all the fallen old ladies and people who got lit on fire.

View attachment 1213
View attachment 1212

Yeah, but those rules are not for the team, they're for the supporters. I don't know about the rules for the team at Yankee stadium, but there are plenty of MLB parks that have regular fireworks, even more-so at minor league teams. But there is a huge difference between the team choosing to set off professionally supervised pyrotechnics and random supporters lighting smoke bombs and flares whenever they see fit.

Reactions: Gene and Kjbert
Yeah, but those rules are not for the team, they're for the supporters. I don't know about the rules for the team at Yankee stadium, but there are plenty of MLB parks that have regular fireworks, even more-so at minor league teams. But there is a huge difference between the team choosing to set off professionally supervised pyrotechnics and random supporters lighting smoke bombs and flares whenever they see fit.

Thank you. Some of the supporters here act like they're part of the Green Street firm.

Yankee Stadium is not private. It was funded by New York tax dollars.

Reactions: AndreT_NY and Gene

Agreed.Thats all I was talking about. I clearly stated above that I did not want flares and smoke being tossed around the seats, but wanted it on the field. not sure why this guy has feels the need to imply that I'm crazy.

Agreed.Thats all I was talking about. I clearly stated above that I did not want flares and smoke being tossed around the seats, but wanted it on the field. not sure why this guy has feels the need to imply that I'm crazy.

Because this discussion is about rules for the supporter section? You responded to my post which said they would never approve smoke (in the supporters section, since that is what this thread is about). It's not that hard to see why he thought you were talking about supporters using smoke. Plus, other posters are suggesting that the supporters group and supporters should be allowed to have smoke and flares.

Thank you. Some of the supporters here act like they're part of the Green Street firm.

Yankee Stadium is not private. It was funded by New York tax dollars.
It was made from public tax dollars yes, but its revenue doesnt go to the city, it goes to the yankees. Making it a private venue.

I dunno about you, but I'm bringing this guy

dog-grabs-firework.gif