Orlando City

Trone

Registered
Apr 25, 2014
Noticed today that Orlando City is calling themselves Orlando City Soccer Club. I really like the way they have used soccer club as opposed football club. I am still not sure why NYCFC is using football club in the name. ITs called soccer here why shy away from that, Italy calls soccer calcio not futbol and they name their clubs AC, SSC et with the C being calcio. I wish the MLS would stop trying to copy Europe, it is the one negative for me in another wise really fun and exciting league. Kudos to Orlando City for showing some guts and hopefully leading the way for future clubs.

Reactions: Joename
I saw it a little earlier, I love it.

As for the Soccer v. Football thing, different cultures, same language. I prefer football over soccer but it's interchangeable for me.

I think the soccer/football thing is just an interesting quark to US Soccer. Doesn't bother me really but in conversations I prefer Americans to call it Soccer. It feels fake to me otherwise.

The Orlando badge is beautiful. That whole club is going to be a good addition to MLS.

Reactions: NYCBlue
Soccer / Football
Yams / Sweet Potatoes
Piss / Urine
Dog / Canine

They are all the same shit.
When American teams use the name Football it sometimes comes off as contrived but who gives a shit. The words mean the same thing.

Also NYSC refers to New York Soccer Club and New York Sports Club. I'm sure there is some lawyer with ants in his pants who'd love to cry foul with brand confusion.

I hate anything and everything thats related to "football." I think its a major detractor for casual American sports fans. Use our own terms instead of borrowing them from England and you'd have a better chance at grabbing average fans who "hate" soccer because "it's for pussies."

I hate 'Soccer Club'. Just doesn't feel right to me. And the Orlando City logo is pretty nice

I like the use of "football club." In the end, the terms soccer and football are interchangeable.

As for Orlando they seem to be doing a good job so far, I think the crest looks slick.

I really dig their logo. They seem like their doing pretty well. Just read that they're increasing their budget for their stadium from 80 mil to over 100 mil.

I really dig their logo. They seem like their doing pretty well. Just read that they're increasing their budget for their stadium from 80 mil to over 100 mil.

Yea they just got like a 30 million dollar tax break or something? They've discussed not putting bleachers in the supporters section, just bars to lean against, so more people can stand and stand safely. They also use drums and capos, so they might install boxes for them.

They talked about increasing capacity now with this money or building the infrastructure stronger for expansion later on... They definitely have it going on. We are behind the 8-ball for sure.

Reactions: BossNYC and Homer
Yea they just got like a 30 million dollar tax break or something? They've discussed not putting bleachers in the supporters section, just bars to lean against, so more people can stand and stand safely. They also use drums and capos, so they might install boxes for them.

They talked about increasing capacity now with this money or building the infrastructure stronger for expansion later on... They definitely have it going on. We are behind the 8-ball for sure.

Well to be fair to us, it's much much easier to build a stadium in Orlando than it is in NYC.

It's the caveat of having a team in New York...locations are at a premium to build and it requires a tremendous amount of work, permission, etc.

orlando is doing awesome so far and i am really happy for them as I want MLS to suceed in becoming a top league. Looks like Kaka is interested in orlando too which would be huge. But when comparing them to NYCFC remember that they have a huge head start as they have existed for years this is not a typical upstart expansion franchise. The one thing that is a bit disappointing so far with NYCFC is they are not keeping info coming, they should be releasing info or jerseys or merchandise every couple weekes to keep the momentum going.

Let's remember NYCFC is being created from a EUROPEAN MODEL. That in and of it self justifies the use of FC as opposed to SC

10259877_10152312465164831_7298339400016552197_n.jpg
LOL !!

Reactions: DiRoma