Orlando Postmatch

Hopefully that is Berget. But honestly, we aren't going to find a sub that is as good as the best striker in the league.

I didn't like Wallace as the striker. I think Wallace has a place in the starting XI, and there are things that he does really well, but him as a striker was very frustrating to watch

Berget has been talked about as someone who can play on either flank. He might be a substitute for Villa, and might be not. I'm sure there are good strikers available in South America, Africa, Europe, you name 'em. Of course not as good as Villa, because if they were, they'd be already playing in a Europe Top 4 league, but when you look at Callens, Medina and Ring, it is possible to unearth players who would be willing to come to the club and learn from the best and really do the job. I just mean that this position hasn't been taken care of in the same way as some others in the team.

Reactions: Kjbert
Oh, and finally, I hate to bring it up but Tommy Mac was out of place and didn’t show in his minutes. I know the guy has been crucified here but big drop off in quality.

Having him be the only person here aside from Villa has definitely made for a helpful gauge of overall team quality if nothing else. It’s been interesting watching him go from a solid player in the 2015 side to someone who has been left behind more and more with every passing year. I appreciate him sentimentally, but I gotta admit that I’m glad to watch the McNamara Era recede from view.

This was probably the weirdest game I've ever been to. From the minute I walked off the subway it just left weird, like a professional soccer game wasn't about to happen. I got to Yankee Stadium just as gates opened and there was maybe 200 people around the stadium. There was nobody at the Legends Suite waiting to get in. They didn't serve a beef option. Orlando arrived late, like really late. NYCFC warmed up for 10 minutes before Orlando even made it onto the field. The announcer said welcome to the pitch your boys in blue when they were already on the field warming up. Orlando never left the field after training. They changed to their jerseys by the bench. One player was sprayed with water as the sprinklers came up since they continued to practice during the time when the sprinklers go on before the game since the teams in the locker rooms preparing. The NYPD and FDNY came onto the field and there was a three to four minute wait before NYCFC walked onto the field. The policemen and women and firemen and women stood with their scarves up the entire time. NYCFC walked out alone, with both sets of kids. Orlando was on the field just waiting there. Will Johnson and another Orlando player came from the tunnel where the Pitchside people go. (Did they use a bathroom nearby?) Univison's camera wasn't working down by the field for the first 20 minutes of so. It just felt like a terrible game of soccer and things were going terribly operational wise. Vieira was really got after the officials.

Then in the second half everything seemed to click in the second half.

We warned OC about the SPD traffic and they still screwed it up. And you figure JK would have had an idea about NY commuting. Nice going. The pre game rush by Orlando was hysterical.

A funny old afternoon for sure. From Orlando heading out to warm up, just as we were getting in, then changing on the bench, to the mysterious disappearance of last week's goal scorers .

The first half was kind of a non-event, not much going on, but the second half was decent.

Thought Medina was really impressive, Abdul Salaam really came on to a game and Ring was a standout as always.

Sad to say my boy Tommy Mac was fairly pish when he came on. (you're not meant to pass to the other team, tommy)

Overall though, once again, i'll take it. And we are top of the league! (in the east)!

The was probably the weirdest game I've ever been to. From the minute I walked off the subway it just left weird. I got to Yankee Stadium just as gates opened and there was maybe 200 people around the stadium. There was nobody at the Legends Suite waiting to get in. They didn't serve a beef option. Orlando arrived late, like really late. NYCFC warmed up for 10 minutes before Orlando even made it onto the field. The announcer said welcome to the pitch your boys in blue when they were already on the field training. Orlando never left the field after training. They changed to their jerseys by the bench. One player was sprayed with water as the sprinklers came up since they continued to practice during the time when the sprinklers go on before the game since the teams in the locker rooms preparing. NYCFC walked out alone. Orlando was on the field just waiting there. Will Johnson and another Orlando player came from the tunnel where the Pitchside people go. (Did they use a bathroom nearby?) Univison's camera wasn't working down by the field for the first 20 minutes of so. It just felt like a terrible game of soccer and things were going terribly operational wise. Vieira was really get after the officials.

Then in the second half everything seemed to click in the second half.
4th Official also never displayed extra time at the half.

Reactions: Kjbert
It was three minutes. I saw the board go up.
The PA seemed to break near the end of the first half - stoppage never got announced, and no announcements/music at the half, just a weird noise. It kicked back in maybe 5 min into halftime.

I feel so bad for Mata. I wanted to cry, this is the second time he's subbed in and gotten injured almost immediately. poor guy, is it just the same injury that never heals completely?

Mainly,he’s better at helping us get the ball into the back of the net. Fair summary?
Dude clearly has that feel of special to him. I even kind of like that he has he balls to throw his hands in the air and barked at the team when SJ botched a ball in the 80th minute.

The PA seemed to break near the end of the first half - stoppage never got announced, and no announcements/music at the half, just a weird noise. It kicked back in maybe 5 min into halftime.

I feel so bad for Mata. I wanted to cry, this is the second time he's subbed in and gotten injured almost immediately. poor guy, is it just the same injury that never heals completely?
Unfortunately, it appears he’s the man made of glass. I didn’t see if there was contact or he just went down - the former would be a shame, but the latter would be a tragedy. I think this goes beyond our medical team being completely crap (which they are) - he’s got a problem with his “healed” tissue/bone just not able to handle the strain of in-season rigors.

Reactions: Kjbert and adam