Orlando - Postmatch

Game recognizes game.
Lewis’ rainbow flick was utter ridiculousness, and his dribbling/pass that led to the double shots off the crossbar/Maxi goal was a highlight-worthy sequence that better have made it on TV. That was way more interesting to watch than the typical MLB outfielder diving catch or NBA post-up dunk.

Lewis’ rainbow flick was utter ridiculousness, and his dribbling/pass that led to the double shots off the crossbar/Maxi goal was a highlight-worthy sequence that better have made it on TV. That was way more interesting to watch than the typical MLB outfielder diving catch or NBA post-up dunk.

Goal of the Year. Just for the theatrics.

Also, the final score line reads like a pretty comfortable win, but I gotta wonder how the game would have changed had Littlefinger actually scored that PK and the teams would have been tied at 1-1

Yeah. Would have certainly changed the complexion of the game but I think we still would have come away 2 or 3 to 1.

I was happy to see T-Mac play. He did his job well. Tracked back and hustled to make second chance efforts. Having Ring behind him and Ofori and Maxi ahead of him relieved allowed him to "express his talent" as PV would say.

Tajouri is outright magic! He's so exciting to watch.

Ben Sweat is really good in the final 3rd. Sometimes he's on the pitch just in a zone. Supremely confident, great vision and he has freakin' laser pointer on his crosses. I don't know whether to love him or hate him.

I saw Claudio Reyna after the game. Given that we have so few chances to talk to sporting directly, I felt compelled to talk to him. I said, "I hate to bring this up after a 3-0 win but I have to say it: Please talk to Medina. Please." He understood and was actually pretty candid in his response. In short he said, "He'll get there." Uhhhhh... when?

J-Lew is wavy.

Berget was atrocious tonight. I've been in his defense generally but man he has some AWFUL habits. The first of which is trying to rainbow flick on all the time. He does it every game and it never works. The other is standing flat footed in the attack. He blew a chance at a gimme by standing flat footed directly in front of goal. Unbelievably poor instinct and desire. I will try to forget this one.

I was happy to catch RJ after the game. It was tough seeing him have to deal with a bad loss and being cordial with fans. He's so class though.

Yeah. Would have certainly changed the complexion of the game but I think we still would have come away 2 or 3 to 1.

I was happy to see T-Mac play. He did his job well. Tracked back and hustled to make second chance efforts. Having Ring behind him and Ofori and Maxi ahead of him relieved allowed him to "express his talent" as PV would say.

Tajouri is outright magic! He's so exciting to watch.

Ben Sweat is really good in the final 3rd. Sometimes he's on the pitch just in a zone. Supremely confident, great vision and he has freakin' laser pointer on his crosses. I don't know whether to love him or hate him.

I saw Claudio Reyna after the game. Given that we have so few chances to talk to sporting directly, I felt compelled to talk to him. I said, "I hate to bring this up after a 3-0 win but I have to say it: Please talk to Medina. Please." He understood and was actually pretty candid in his response. In short he said, "He'll get there." Uhhhhh... when?

J-Lew is wavy.

Berget was atrocious tonight. I've been in his defense generally but man he has some AWFUL habits. The first of which is trying to rainbow flick on all the time. He does it every game and it never works. The other is standing flat footed in the attack. He blew a chance at a gimme by standing flat footed directly in front of goal. Unbelievably poor instinct and desire. I will try to forget this one.

I was happy to catch RJ after the game. It was tough seeing him have to deal with a bad loss and being cordial with fans. He's so class though.

It was cool to see Allen hanging around outside the stadium chatting with fans (family, I think, but still). It was also funny -- about 30 minutes after the game it just started torrentially downpouring. Chanot had been chatting/taking pictures with fans, I saw him just bolt for his car in the garage. It's kind of fun when you see how "normal" these guys are, especially compared to some other sports.

Well that performance should put the debate to rest: Enough with the 3-5-2. The 4-3-3 works, and we saw that in the second half when he switched to it.

Did McNamara even get one touch in those first 45 minutes?

I'm kind of over Berget at this point. A striker with a terrible first touch, and a striker who can't find the net, isn't very useful. There are better options. I want to see Medina-Villa-Isi as the front line, and Ring needs to be in the midfield. He's just better there than he is as a CB.

Great second half performance, and the supporters were rocking the stadium tonight.
I still think the 3-4-2-1 / 3-5-2 has its purposes. Seems like we are becoming adept at switching between them, which is a good thing.

I still think the 3-4-2-1 / 3-5-2 has its purposes. Seems like we are becoming adept at switching between them, which is a good thing.

I don't think last night's performance showed that we should be in a 3-5-2 -- I think it showed we're a far more dangerous team with the 4-3-3. It's not the formation, it's what the formation means for the personnel on the field. Our on-field lineup is better when there's 2 centerbacks, 2 fullbacks, 3 midfielders, and 3 forwards. It's just a more balanced product.

I don't think last night's performance showed that we should be in a 3-5-2 -- I think it showed we're a far more dangerous team with the 4-3-3. It's not the formation, it's what the formation means for the personnel on the field. Our on-field lineup is better when there's 2 centerbacks, 2 fullbacks, 3 midfielders, and 3 forwards. It's just a more balanced product.
I think it depends on who is available, who we are up against, whether we are home and away etc.

A few weeks ago we were tearing PV apart for not having a different look. One (more) emphatic win at home and we are back to "4-3-3 is the only way we play".

I’ve only seen the condensed match because Yes sucks, ESPN+ sucks, and the person who created the condensed matches is drunk.

Based on that and not having read anything, here’s what I ascertained:
Berget needs to grow a pair. His nuts retreat to his belly every time he gets a chance.

Isi is still the best player on the team.

Sweat still sucks.

And PV must be fucking joking not to play Lewis more.

If Berget had scored on that shot from the middle
If Berget had scored the header
If Berget had made the run when Shradi stole the ball
If Berget....

giphy.gif

Yeah, my patience for him “making good runs” and “working hard” is about done.

Also, forgot to say above, holy shit is Ucubed still bad. Why would you ever put him on the field, under any circumstance excepting one where you’ve bet on the other club?

Last edited:
I’ve only seen the condensed match because Yes sucks, ESPN+ sucks, and the person who created the condensed matches is drunk.

Based on that and not having read anything, here’s what I ascertained:
Berget needs to grow a pair. His nuts retreat to his belly every time he gets a chance.

Isi is still the best player on the team.

Sweat still sucks.

And PV must be fucking joking not to play Lewis more.

Sweat or McNamara in the starting 11? Should Vieira not have made that halftime substitution?

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Sweat or McNamara in the starting 11? Should Vieira not have made that halftime substitution?

Even CBA is better than Ucubed, of course. see post directly above yours.

I had a hard time following what exactly was happening since condensed matches are now so bad I think they are nothing but a troll.

Eta: how stupid did I feel when I got home after avoiding the match score for 24+ hours, and my DVR was a Yankees game. Fuckkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU!!!!!!!

And fuck the hockey man for suggesting sweat for USA again. They all say “some think he should’ve been called in”. No. No, they don’t. Only you and the two numbnuts on SITC, who also wanted Ucubed called up 2 years ago.

Damnit people. Have some pride or at least hopefulness about your country. Don’t pin that garbage on the team.

Even CBA is better than Ucubed, of course. see post directly above yours.

I had a hard time following what exactly was happening since condensed matches are now so bad I think they are nothing but a troll.

Eta: how stupid did I feel when I got home after avoiding the match score for 24+ hours, and my DVR was a Yankees game. Fuckkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU!!!!!!!

And fuck the hockey man for suggesting sweat for USA again. They all say “some think he should’ve been called in”. No. No, they don’t. Only you and the two numbnuts on SITC, who also wanted Ucubed called up 2 years ago.

Damnit people. Have some pride or at least hopefulness about your country. Don’t pin that garbage on the team.

Don’t know what R roxfontaine was seeing. Tummy Ucubed Macnamara was horrible. He had like 3 touches in the first half. One was an important clearance that bounced off of him after another pidgeon kicked it. He was so bad, PV took him off at half. When was the last time you saw a halftime sub from PV.