Out-of-state Ticket Holders.

CP_Scouse

Registered
Mar 27, 2014
Queens
i understand that NYCFC is an international brand with fans all over the world. if there are any out of state ticket holders who cannont attend games, i will happily take those tickets :)

I will likely have several matches to give up, unless they find some miracle way to schedule around my life lol! I'll let you know the price once I seat select!

Reactions: CP_Scouse
I will likely have several matches to give up, unless they find some miracle way to schedule around my life lol! I'll let you know the price once I seat select!

Same here. I don't imagine that I'll be able to make every game, and have 2 tickets on reserve.

There should be a way to set up a thread or category for available tickets on here, as this site develops I'd much rather see my unused seats go to supporters who are interested enough to look up a fan forum than just plunking them down on Craigslist or stubhub.

Same here. I don't imagine that I'll be able to make every game, and have 2 tickets on reserve.

There should be a way to set up a thread or category for available tickets on here, as this site develops I'd much rather see my unused seats go to supporters who are interested enough to look up a fan forum than just plunking them down on Craigslist or stubhub.
This was discussed at the last Third Rail meeting so stay tuned.

I'll talk it over with the other admins but that sounds like a good idea. We'd just have to set some guidelines like tickets must be sold at face value.

D_RoyJenkins D_RoyJenkins what does TR have in mind? If we decide to have a STH trade amongst members we will be sure to let everyone know that TR also has something in place, but at the moment no one in TR has mentioned anything here.

We are discussing doing a ticket exchange here and coming up with ideas. All depends on if the club will allow it (it isn't allowed by some clubs) and what direction we take. Would be strictly policed if we did to prohibit scamming.

We could start a thread once we get close to the season and do it all through there. A poster can post either a ticket request for a certain match or offer up tickets. Certain rules should be in place like face value maximums. To protect everyone, we should have a minimum amount of time/posts an account must be on the site to be eligible so we don't have random scammers signing up and stealing money or tickets. We should have a required way of transferring money like paypal send as gift and each party should have to post after the deal is done confirming it went well. If anyone gets ripped off, while unfortunate if it is posted on here it will stop someone else from getting screwed by the same person.

Reactions: einwindir
How bout: party A posts that he has tickets. Party B messages party A reguarding price. A deal is made and party B goes to the game.

I do hearby solumly proclaim that if there was to be such trading activities, it would be called "River Avenue Market" or "Tick-Mark" or "Bowery Exchange"

How bout: party A posts that he has tickets. Party B messages party A reguarding price. A deal is made and party B goes to the game.
It's easy to say but people getting scammed on here falls on us because at the end of the day we allow that activity on here.
We are very far out from this happening. In the meantime we'll work on finding a possible solution.

Because Party A could quietly accept several Party B messages and sell his tickets to several people without anyone knowing. In this case, Party A should post his offer, Party B should post that he is interested THEN contact Party A. Once a deal is done, Party A and Party B should both confirm the details on here.
You wouldn't think, but forums like this attract scammers like crazy. I've been on other sites where these types of deals are done and if you don't have strict procedures, people are going to get ripped off.

Because Party A could quietly accept several Party B messages and sell his tickets to several people without anyone knowing. In this case, Party A should post his offer, Party B should post that he is interested THEN contact Party A. Once a deal is done, Party A and Party B should both confirm the details on here.
You wouldn't think, but forums like this attract scammers like crazy. I've been on other sites where these types of deals are done and if you don't have strict procedures, people are going to get ripped off.
i honestlyhad no idea it was bad. i thought everyone would play nicely!

i honestlyhad no idea it was bad. i thought everyone would play nicely!
Most everybody would, but it only takes the occasional person to come along and find a way to scam to make it worth having an orderly and strict system on here. Also, the forum owners do not want to have any liability.

Most everybody would, but it only takes the occasional person to come along and find a way to scam to make it worth having an orderly and strict system on here. Also, the forum owners do not want to have any liability.
We would more than likely have a vetting process where we could unofficially certify a member as TRUSTED. Probably by having a certain amount of time on the forum/posts/likes

I wonder if MLS or NYCFC could create an official ticket exchange like the NFL has. Of course there are fees that come with it, but it at least gives a modicum of reliability and guarantee against scamming.

Reactions: Gene
The Yankees Ticket Exchange is outstanding. I've been using them for the past two years when my son and I want to go to a game.

The best part is that the fees aren't unreasonable at all. I pay $2.40 per ticket (400 Level) and $4.95 to have them emailed to me. Nowadays $9.75 in ticket fees is a steal.