Patrick Vieira Appointed As NYCFC Coach

Also, can we please not have MCFC/CFG discussion in yet another thread? Refer to the Support Discussion CFG thread. Those of us who have been here for over a year have put up with it now after every announcement and I can assure you it's the same discussion played over again. Neither side will agree with he other and someone will probably get banned.

I second that

I thought he came off well. Nothing really substantive. He sounds like a smart guy talking about a team he currently knows very little about. So it's kind of vague and platitude-y, but well done measured on that scale.

And on the irrelevant but interesting (to me) front: Despite his many years in England, I caught no hint of a Britsh/English accent mixed in with the obvious French. He sounds like a French speaker who learned from American English speakers rather than UK-based English speakers. On the other hand, he repeatedly used the word "massive."

Anyway, I remain cautiously optimistic.

Reactions: Kjbert
I thought he came off well. Nothing really substantive. He sounds like a smart guy talking about a team he currently knows very little about. So it's kind of vague and platitude-y, but well done measured on that scale.

And on the irrelevant but interesting (to me) front: Despite his many years in England, I caught no hint of a Britsh/English accent mixed in with the obvious French. He sounds like a French speaker who learned from American English speakers rather than UK-based Eng.lish speakers. On the other hand, he repeatedly used the word "massive."

Anyway, I remain cautiously optimistic.
Using the word massive is an in house joke for any city players.they all try and slip it in interviews

It's nice to have a coach who knows how to smile. Glad to be rid of that soft-spoken negative little Napoleon.
Fabio-Capello-007.jpg

Could you all imagine Thierry Henry as a coach with us? I for one don't think it could work out. Henry would not be a good coach. His temperament and expectation on everyone needing to play at his level would be too much. I saw it first hand with the Redbulls. But just a silly thought because I know he and Vieira are very good friends.

Players seemed very happy when they met him. Especially Pirlo Villa and Iraola. Probably thinking hey this is a guy that might actually have us play an organized game of football.
Where did you see this interaction and is there footage I'm dying.

id like to have mathias bossaerts on loan as well as thierry ambrose.

Its gonna be a tough season for viera though. Coaches new to mls and its intricate rules don't usually do well…But I will try and put my positive hat on and say I think he is better equipped then kreis and will hopefully see poku is a better player than grabavoy.

The lads who have watched the EDS regularly, believe Bossaerts is just a very average player who will not make it at City.