Philadelphia - Postmatch - Knockout Round

That’s because highlighting it would go against the de facto narrative a few have suckled on like a starving baby on their mothers teat.

idk i think certain players will get passes for a couple shit moments on the pitch when theyre otherwise generally good. if maxi has one bad pass that leads to a goal ill be upset but im not gonna jump down his throat saying maxi sucks. Sweat on the other hand sucks

This is shameless whataboutism but I'll allow it because everyone involved in this play deserves to be roasted.
You missed the point if you’re claiming “whataboutism” with this. The OP’s point is that they’re surprised this didn’t get any attention since based on how the hounds are released, it appears to be selective.

I always roast players whether I like them or not if they’re deserving of it, and I’ll sing superlatives too for players I like/don’t like. There are posters that have selective memory loss or maybe just are taking a bathroom break every time a play happens that goes against their pet narrative.

Reactions: Revfugee
Amagat had a great deal of responsability for Philadelphia’s goal. You can see he’s marking Burke as he runs into the box, then just sort of moves out towards the corner if the box. Both Chanot and Collins watch him marking Burke and dont see him leave.

I also have no clue what Callens was doing or thinking he was doing

Man-marking is easy outside the box, but when it gets tight inside it, players lose their focus very easily. It seemed that too many defenders went to stop Ilsinho and just forgot about what happens if he can get a cross into the center of the box. When you look at how slackly Ring, Sweat, Chanot and Callens defend there, you see that they were just too happy to be leading by three goals.

Man-marking is easy outside the box, but when it gets tight inside it, players lose their focus very easily. It seemed that too many defenders went to stop Ilsinho and just forgot about what happens if he can get a cross into the center of the box. When you look at how slackly Ring, Sweat, Chanot and Callens defend there, you see that they were just too happy to be leading by three goals.
I agree they were way out of position and focused away from the middle of the box. That’s all the more reason Amagat should have stayed. He saw they weren’t paying attention and he just left his man.

Bad communication all the way around. Amagat thinks he's handing off Burke to Callens, Chanot thinks he's handing off Jones to Callens, and Callens sort of moves toward Jones but never checks his shoulder—I don't think he has any idea where Burke is.