Home - 10/31 Philadelphia - Knockout Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm looking for a new place to watch the game on Wednesday night. My season ticket is in the Supporters Section in 237, so I've only seen the games from there and one game earlier this year where I lucked into a Pitchside ticket.

I'm running the marathon this Sunday, so just want to avoid any possible shenanigans in the Supporters Section, but mostly just not be on my feet for an additional 90+ minutes when I don't need to be.

Any thoughts/suggestions?
Might have an extra ticket if none of my friends want to go. Section 103 with Adam.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
How about two years ago?

In 2016 the games were 3, 5, 7, and 9:30. East was 3 and 7. Of course those times could all be different, it's all based on what TV wants at that stage. Leg 2 was 2, 4, 6:30, and 9. East 4 and 6:30.

Reactions: Ulrich
Is that point near or still multiple questions off in the distance?
We reached it. But here's a tip: go to
https://matchcenter.mlssoccer.com/schedule
Open the Filters dialogue, and under Competitions, select MLS Playoffs. Then you can scroll back and jump to last year or the year before without going through all the regular season games.

Reactions: gbservis and Ulrich
We reached it. But here's a tip: go to
https://matchcenter.mlssoccer.com/schedule
Open the Filters dialogue, and under Competitions, select MLS Playoffs. Then you can scroll back and jump to last year or the year before without going through all the regular season games.

giphy.gif

New York City v Philadelphia Union
Yankee Stadium (7PM ET)
REF: Robert Sibiga
AR1: CJ Morgante
AR2: Jason White
4TH: Jose Carlos Rivero
VAR: Drew Fischer

He's probably the nicest of the bunch. Quite friendly those that see him often referee or as the 4th official.

Reactions: canchon and adam
So, all hope that it doesn’t come down to this, but if the game goes to penalties, who would be your five?

Villa
Maxi
Isi
...gulp...

I was thinking maybe Ring or Chanot. Medina and/or Mata are technically skilled but they would definitely blow it. Berget is maybe an option if he’s on the field - I can’t imagine his lanky runup.

And when all fails, there’s always Amagat.

So, all hope that it doesn’t come down to this, but if the game goes to penalties, who would be your five?

Villa
Maxi
Isi
...gulp...

I was thinking maybe Ring or Chanot. Medina and/or Mata are technically skilled but they would definitely blow it. Berget is maybe an option if he’s on the field - I can’t imagine his lanky runup.

Isn't Chanot the PK taker for Luxembourg?

Villa
Maxi
Isi
...gulp...

Villa, Maxi, Ring, Tinny, Isi

ETA: and agreed on Medina or Mata. I think if you have either of them go, it would have to be with David Villa first, and then Medina/Mata second. I think if they were to have a pressure kick like 4th or 5th, it would be blown. And I wouldn't trust them to start things off either. But following an almost sure goal in Villa, perhaps they would get a confidence boost to sink it.

Villa
Maxi
Isi
...gulp...

Ring?

giphy.gif

Villa
Isi
Medina
Berget
Maxi (hope he doesn't sky another)

Problem is, I don't see all of them on the pitch at the end of extra time.

Villa
Chanot
Callens
SJ
Maxi

Decided to go with some longshots. I swear I remembered SJ taking a pk before but can't find it.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Villa, Maxi, Ring, Tinny, Isi

ETA: and agreed on Medina or Mata. I think if you have either of them go, it would have to be with David Villa first, and then Medina/Mata second. I think if they were to have a pressure kick like 4th or 5th, it would be blown. And I wouldn't trust them to start things off either. But following an almost sure goal in Villa, perhaps they would get a confidence boost to sink it.

I like the idea of Tinnerholm. I wonder if Herrera would be good.

I kind of think Ring would be good too despite his tendency to put long range shots over the bar. I think his demeanor is cool as a cucumber, and that is key in PKs.

I like the idea of Tinnerholm. I wonder if Herrera would be good.

I kind of think Ring would be good too despite his tendency to put long range shots over the bar. I think his demeanor is cool as a cucumber, and that is key in PKs.
That's exactly it for me with Ring. Sure he's skied shots over the bar before in the run of play, but that's in the run of play. I get this calm, cool, and collected feeling from him and feel quite confident that he would take a good penalty.

I know it's completely different, but don't forget that he took FKs for the Finland national team and had that beauty of a goal a bit back in the WCQ.

Reactions: Schwallacus
Status
Not open for further replies.