Poku Sold?

After hearing more of the details of the sale, I'm really happy for both Poku and the team. Although a fan favorite that provided a great spark here and there, it was obvious for one reason or another, Poku wasn't a major part of the term's plans, no matter how much some fans wanted to see him play more.

With this sale, NYCFC gets some money to hopefully upgrade a lacking position. Poku gets a raise and a chance to prove himself. I hope him all the best!

No different ownership group this Miami plays at FIU I think but their attendance sucks I think

I remember watching one game on ESPN 3 felt like 100 people there

They're ike halfway through their first season in NASL. Baby steps. With that said, South Florida is a horrible sports town. If you're not winning championships no one gives a fuck.

Sounds like a good sized transfer fee. Any thoughts on whether we may be able to tack on a sell-on clause?

If I'm not mistaken, we will retain his MLS rights were he ever to be getting interest from another team, they would have to trade with us to get his rights

Reactions: adam and Ulrich
If I'm not mistaken, we will retain his MLS rights were he ever to be getting interest from another team, they would have to trade with us to get his rights

Someone reported that because we got more than $500k for him, we lose those rights. I'm not sure if that's right or not, but saw it on Twitter.

Reactions: adam
Sad to see him move, but excellent business by the club. Now they need to spend the money appropriately.

Reactions: adam
That chant is reserved for when NYCFC is losing by at least 3 goals in the second half of a future home game.

Started by some drunk guy sarcastically screaming "Put POKU in the game!!!"
So you drink and you're sarcastic....

I'm by no means a MLS salary expert...but from what I've seen through past deals, TAM is used towards signing new players and GAM is used for existing salaries. I remember Seattle and Toronto actually trading GAM for TAM for this reason. Maybe we aren't signing anyone, but simply recouping money from bench players. for our current roster

I'm by no means a MLS salary expert...but from what I've seen through past deals, TAM is used towards signing new players and GAM is used for existing salaries. I remember Seattle and Toronto actually trading GAM for TAM for this reason. Maybe we aren't signing anyone, but simply recouping money from bench players. for our current roster

From what I understand:

TAM (targeted allocation money) is a new thing. They made it up for LA to sign a 4th DP. You can use it to buy down a players contract when signing them at the same time you're signing a DP. So we couldn't use TAM till one of our DPs leaves and we sign a new one. (*could Garber have let us use TAM towards Mix because they made up the rule after we signed our DPs and Mix? Maybe, that's info in the MLS vault). GAM (general allocation money) is used to buy down everything else.

I'm not a MLS cap expert either, but I'm starting to learn.

Salary reported to be $300k, 5x what he was making at NYCFC. If you are Reyna/Poku no way you turn down 500k in allocation/a 5x salary increase. Deal had to happen.

And as others have pointed out, if Poku kills it in NASL he's not taking a pay cut to come to MLS. Might have just priced himself out of the league. Would be more likely moving to Europe.

The ability to get new contract is probably what enabled this to happen (if Poku gets traded he's still on same salary.)

To kill it you have to be capable of playing for more than 50'

Reactions: 413Blue