Possibly Taking Only 1 Youth Player From Man City (not Iheanacho Either)

You're helping us with Frank, we'll make it up to you. You'll get our youngsters on loan! Just not anyone worth a shit. Yes I know he's injured but we'll get some scrub who has no future.

Reactions: Drainyoo and Kjbert
I'm actually not upset about this. Remember, they would be taking up international slots and those are valuable. Makes sense not to waste them on fringe youth players.

Reactions: Gene
Kreis said that MC would "allow" NYCFC to take up to four. Apparently, they are only taking 1 now. Thats better than last month, when we thought it would be zero.

Why can't CFG, MC and NYCFC get it right?

EDIT: What Dan just said.

Reactions: Kjbert
This "Super Max Designated Player" is interesting. Could we possibly getting a player like Mix for this? (maybe using garber bucks to bring down the cap hit)

Looking at it from the view of the team, if a left back is required i would be going for Jose Angel Tasende "Angelino". Widely touted both in England and Spain as a solid tip and is ready for an extended run of competitive matches. Works hard up and down the left side and has put in a lot of excellent performances. He is 18 playing in the UEFA Youth tournament for u21, in which his side beat home and away Bayern, Roma and CSKA. He scored in the 4-1 away win in Munich and helped keep a clean sheet in the 6-0 home win. He only missed the last game, the 4-0 win in Rome, due to an accumulation of cards. Three clean sheets and only 4 conceded in the group matches. He is hard working and you hear of no trouble off the pitch.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
I am amused by people who are both upset at being treated as City's farm team AND at not getting more of their minor league players.
Youth players, not minor league.

That would be like saying the NFL or NBA aren't interested in college players...

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
This makes me really upset. Getting to see the young MCFC kids was part of the excitement I had for the club, especially after the display against SKC.

More and more, I just don't see the point of why MCFC is bothering with this team. if they're not sending academy kids over, then what are they getting out of this? Other than Lamps, that is.

This makes me really upset. Getting to see the young MCFC kids was part of the excitement I had for the club, especially after the display against SKC.

More and more, I just don't see the point of why MCFC is bothering with this team. if they're not sending academy kids over, then what are they getting out of this? Other than Lamps, that is.

Give it time Mike, the season has not started yet, No matches have been played. No one knows what on field problems there are. None of the team have played together.

Rather than trying to find the answer, you need to know the question. If no one knows what NYCFC need right now, no point in sending over a hammer if you need a monkey wrench.

I guess Jason Kries will be having a look at the EDS players when he is over here

The oldest players we have that are not already out on loan are George Evans (midfielder), Jordy Hiwula (striker) and Shay Facey (defender) who are all 20.

It would make sense one or two of those coming over rather than the younger players.

Maybe just maybe JK only wants one. However, let's not let the facts get in the way of a good CFG/ManCFC kicking. If it was me I would take Pozo. I think the others maybe are a year away. The real stars are in the U16 and lower anyway so I wouldn't be too upset yet. I think JK thought most were not up to it.

EDIT: Iheanacho is injured most likely not fit until March.

Last edited:
Maybe just maybe JK only wants one. However, let's not let the facts get in the way of a good CFG/ManCFC kicking. If it was me I would take Pozo. I think the others maybe are a year away. The real stars are in the U16 and lower anyway so I wouldn't be too upset yet. I think JK thought most were not up to it.

Yes, because Manchester would loan Pozo here.

There are plenty of talent int he EDS

Pozo, Barker, Ambrose Angelino, Maffeo, Bryan, Celina to name a few

All of those apart from Pozo played in the FA Youth Cup last night and beat Coventry 8-2

I do think that they are too young to go to New York though