Proud Of Our Fanbase

It really is a tough venue for stadium-wide chants. I am sitting on the third-base line behind the dugout and couldn't hear anything from the supporters sections due to the accoustics (though it sure looked like ya'll were chanting away, moving and grooving). I'm right below the visiting supporter section so will take some credit for the "suck" replies which developed very organically. I think that to get the full stadium to participate it will be the easy stuff that starts moving through the stadium like the "NYC" chant did, and I'm sure some additional easy/better ones will develop. Cues will be huge, such as everyone knowing what to do after a goal, after a great save, or when the something is said or done over the PA system etc, or a certain song is played (likely post-game), as that will be the only cues everyone can see or hear at once. It shouldn't stop the supporters sections from having fun with their chants, it just may not make it around the stadium. Capos stationed throughout the stadium (not just in the supporters sections) could help the cause. The chant development will be a fun project, and we are definitely the fan base to figure out the work-around to some challenging logistics.

I felt bad standing up cuz there were small children behind me who complained in that nagging whining tone that children have, that they couldn't see when everyone stood up.
Plus it was really cold. When the weather is warmer and the chairs get hot and uncomfortable I think there'll be more standing.

Why is every one so against Capos? They do help organize the whole section and give us a unified voice you can here roll call at Yankee games from every seat, an entire section of organized voices in the bleachers will carry but for the first game the energy was awesome was in 238 and people were loving it they evened tried to get the Jeb chant going which was great.

It's not about how it looks... it's about how it sounds.

Exactly. I mean, the capo there did look quite nerdy, but the whole section got going. This is from the World Cup Qualifying match against Panama in Seattle.