Q: Third Rail; Dues And Other Inquiries.

einwindir

Registered
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 19, 2014
Queens, NY
I've been noticing in other threads and posts on Facebook/Twitter that Third Rail is the paid group.

During the meeting it was made clear that Third Rail was the (free) umbrella group and the Board was going to start a more centralized group that in essence be the heartbeat of Third Rail.

Has anything changed?

Also, I've been noticing new Board members, ie Chris and Sam. Great choices btw. What are their functions?

Tagging:
@NYisBLUE @BToto920 Z zl10

Thanks einwindir einwindir. So yeah, let me fill you in on what's going on. Everyone can be a member of the Third Rail, but if you want to take action in the direction, voting of the board, paid member discounts, away bus discounts and have access to special events, you have to be a paid member. Any paid member who is 21 or younger can join the Cookie Brigade for free as they are an arm of the Third Rail.

As a free member you can still receive e-mails and notices about volunteer opportunities, open Third Rail events, and updates on what the Third Rail is up to. Free members will also be able to request bus tickets to away matches but will be given secondary priority to those who are paid TR members.

Membership is $30 for the year, all tax-deductible, and $10 of that goes into the tifo fund for supplies and materials.

Regarding Chris and Sam, Chris is going to focus on the charitable actions of the group. He will be locating Bronx charities for us to help with, and volunteer opportunities for us in soup kitchens, tree plantings, and the like. Sam is going to work on new membership outreach. It's what he does/has done for a living and he is helping to plan our effective campaign strategy that we will implement shortly.

So for further clarification, what will be calling the paid tier? I believe at the meeting the idea was to call the paid membership group a different name.
We actually just decided to keep things under one name. Leave it as is and if you want to take part in the paid member process, go for it.

Have you thought of doing children's rates for those who want in the Cookie Brigade? They're probably less likely to join you at the away games and if you hold more meetings in pubs will technically be ineligible to attend some events, so you can carry over the monetary savings on actual expenses and simultaneously encourage much high youth memberships by, say, halving the membership costs for u21s. Maybe give away a free pack of cookies as an added sign-uo freebie?

Have you thought of doing children's rates for those who want in the Cookie Brigade? They're probably less likely to join you at the away games and if you hold more meetings in pubs will technically be ineligible to attend some events, so you can carry over the monetary savings on actual expenses and simultaneously encourage much high youth memberships by, say, halving the membership costs for u21s. Maybe give away a free pack of cookies as an added sign-uo freebie?
We have thought about it. It's plausible to reduce it to $20 or $25 if there are enough TR members, but we are also having Cookie Brigade only events where funds will be allocated appropriately to cover the costs. We are actually working on CB only discounts for concessions and things at the stadium. Realistically, we are targeting the 14-21 year old range and that is rather vast in terms of things that cover the entirety of that. Chances are, we are going to discuss having CB only events with the club's office, and CB specific merchandise. Because of this, we are going to try to keep it at $30, which if you look at it this way, is $.08/day. There might be a break in there but we'll figure it out as full sign-ups begin to amass. CB members are still technically Third Rail members, they just check that they are also interested in the Brigade which is a free add on to anyone of the appropriate age, so to reduce it might be an ask. It's something we might have to look at internally but for now, it's $30.

Z zl10 thanks for the speedy response. I think it's a better move to keep the TR name for the name of the $$$ group.

Any news on flags, logo, colors?

Section1Guy Section1Guy didn't know you were on the Board. In what capacity?

We are actually meeting with a graphic designer today to discuss the logo. The colors will be close to the club's current ones and flags will be generated off of the logo graphic.

We are actually meeting with a graphic designer today to discuss the logo. The colors will be close to the club's current ones and flags will be generated off of the logo graphic.
Sounds awesome. Can't wait to see what you guys come up with.

Reactions: NYJoe
When will we be able to join the paid section of the TR?

ideas for the CB: as a youth i do i would like to be treated as an adult, just without the responsibility.

EXAMPLE: i pay 20$ for a CB memberhsip and i get the SAME BENEFITS of a REAL memberhsip minus the right to vote.

if the membership comes with:

pub discounts
  • me and my father (mostly me) can use that

scarf(s)
  • i can use that
and if the games are away, i would go

and including a pack of cookies with a membership would just be a slap in the face. part about being a kid is acting like an adult

memberships should be payed monthly or every other month. whatever the price is, you guys get more. When you guys get more, you can give out more.

When will we be able to join the paid section of the TR?
At any event we have we are able to take cash direct. In a manner of days, when the site is functional, you can also pay online.

Reactions: Vito
ideas for the CB: as a youth i do i would like to be treated as an adult, just without the responsibility.

EXAMPLE: i pay 20$ for a CB memberhsip and i get the SAME BENEFITS of a REAL memberhsip minus the right to vote.

if the membership comes with:

pub discounts
  • me and my father (mostly me) can use that

scarf(s)
  • i can use that
and if the games are away, i would go

and including a pack of cookies with a membership would just be a slap in the face. part about being a kid is acting like an adult

Well, you are still a Third Rail member. The Cookie Brigade is it's own separate entity for you to voluntarily join if you are able to. You will still have those discounts that would be typical of TR membership since it is the same membership card. It is still going to be $30/year, and we can't do money per month because that doesn't allow us to allocate funds accordingly.

memberships should be payed monthly or every other month. whatever the price is, you guys get more. When you guys get more, you can give out more.

Well, you are still a Third Rail member. The Cookie Brigade is it's own separate entity for you to voluntarily join if you are able to. You will still have those discounts that would be typical of TR membership since it is the same membership card. It is still going to be $30/year, and we can't do money per month because that doesn't allow us to allocate funds accordingly. It is unfeasible for us to take in $2+ per month since we can't do anything with it and budget appropriately.

Will there be an announcement when we can sign up for the paid section of TR?

Will there be an announcement when we can sign up for the paid section of TR?

Yes, definitely. We will have a full list of benefits for both paid and non-paid members on our website where you can sign up for either option. As soon as our website and logo are setup you should be hearing about this on the forum/facebook/twitter etc. In the meantime, let us know if you have any other questions!

Reactions: Angel