Queensboro FC

Will Villa suit up for Boro in 2020?

• Yes, and I’ll go to watch him play

• Yes, but I won’t care

• No, and i don’t care now that he left NYCFC

• No, but if he did I’d have to attend

Results are only viewable after voting.
Meanwhile, these guys might quietly field a team before Queensboro does.

FCHUSL-AnnouncementFullWeb.jpg

It's interesting that they've flown completely under the radar - at least with this crowd. The only way I know about it is that my 6-YOs rec team is coached by a guy who is involved with the club. He's a ridiculously good coach, FWIW.

It's interesting that they've flown completely under the radar - at least with this crowd. The only way I know about it is that my 6-YOs rec team is coached by a guy who is involved with the club. He's a ridiculously good coach, FWIW.
To be fair the Harlem team has a target of joining League One (D3) in 2026, while Queensboro is officially joining USL Championship (D2) next year. But I think we all have doubts that QB will stay on schedule.

Reactions: KevinJRogers
Meanwhile, these guys might quietly field a team before Queensboro does.

FCHUSL-AnnouncementFullWeb.jpg

interesting, this really fly under the radar. i usually keep up with general USL news and missed this. i think they play next to the riverside state park but not sure if thats where they plan to play in 2026. USL league one is D3 and i think minimum requirements for a stadium is just 1000 seat capacity stadium.

Same here. Though I kind of wrote them off when the investigations all seemed to confirm that DV was a bit less wholesome than we all hoped for from our captain.
I’m sort of in the same boat. They announced everything around the same time NYCFC was talking about GAL and it seemed pretty certain they’d stay in the Bronx. Now that it’s looking like WP will happen (knock on wood), & the DV stuff, I really have no great urge to get season tickets for them. I’ll prob just check out a game from time to time bc of the location by Jamaica Station is so easy for me.
I read that the stadium work has not even started yet. Also that the coach they hired left months ago and I think sporting director too?

I do think that USL did due diligence on ownership group but it fees like it’s all disorganized in regards to first team. Academy and usl-womens team seem to be doing ok
It’s completely disorganized. You’d think I’d be #1 on their mailing list after being one of the first ones to put a deposit on season tickets. But nothing… They also had a bunch of events in the beginning, now just silence. Feels like someone just go bored of the project.

By all appearances, David Villa decamped for Odisha FC in India and brought the inaugural head coach and sporting director with him (Villa is a technical advisor and their head of global football operations, whatever that means). So, I'm not sure what the situation is with QBFC. Their website lists just two people in their FO. It certainly looks stalled.

Reactions: adam
Might be time to shutter this subforum soon...
Idk, I take it back. They have been emailing me regularly now that I checked. But only regarding QBFC II and nothing about York College tickets, when that should have been opened 2 years ago…

1668454347639.png

Idk, I take it back. They have been emailing me regularly now that I checked. But only regarding QBFC II and nothing about York College tickets, when that should have been opened 2 years ago…

View attachment 12344

yes they had a good season in the II team. I think they made UPSL semi finals. and the womens team played but didnt qualify for playoffs. both teams i think played in aviator field.

I’m sort of in the same boat. They announced everything around the same time NYCFC was talking about GAL and it seemed pretty certain they’d stay in the Bronx. Now that it’s looking like WP will happen (knock on wood), & the DV stuff, I really have no great urge to get season tickets for them. I’ll prob just check out a game from time to time bc of the location by Jamaica Station is so easy for me.

It’s completely disorganized. You’d think I’d be #1 on their mailing list after being one of the first ones to put a deposit on season tickets. But nothing… They also had a bunch of events in the beginning, now just silence. Feels like someone just go bored of the project.

who was backing this team financially? i know villa was just the face for the most part and i think had links to his youth team in the city but thats it. was there another investor?

who was backing this team financially? i know villa was just the face for the most part and i think had links to his youth team in the city but thats it. was there another investor?
The owner is Jonathan Krane. I think Villa and Aly Wagner were listed as partners, but I don't know how much real money they put in, if any. And I don't know if Krane owns the women's side or QBFC II.

This is the guy: Jonathan A. Krane

The owner is Jonathan Krane. I think Villa and Aly Wagner were listed as partners, but I don't know how much real money they put in, if any. And I don't know if Krane owns the women's side or QBFC II.

This is the guy: Jonathan A. Krane

wait can a owner pick and choose which teams they own under the team name? Like i thought you owned the team as a whole and then decided if it was feasible having a II team or a women's team.

wait can a owner pick and choose which teams they own under the team name? Like i thought you owned the team as a whole and then decided if it was feasible having a II team or a women's team.
Honestly, I have no idea. I do know the USL is on more of the association football model as opposed to the MLS single-entity model, with independent clubs. The USL website says teams in League One are owned by "strong local ownership groups" rather than by parent clubs. So, maybe the answer is yes and no.

EDIT: It could be something like minor league baseball, where there's an affiliation agreement between independent owners.

Reactions: Fantazma
To be fair the Harlem team has a target of joining League One (D3) in 2026, while Queensboro is officially joining USL Championship (D2) next year. But I think we all have doubts that QB will stay on schedule.
So, we are like England, in that we call our third tier division "League One"?

Update if anyone cares. FootyLovin FootyLovin? My rep’s phone number & email have been disconnected. I emailed club from their website. Will try their office line later today. If no answer I’ll try the USL office.

Reactions: FootyLovin
So, we are like England, in that we call our third tier division "League One"?
And our second the Championship. They list them all here, plus the Women's divisions.