Question For Fans Who Suport Both Nycfc And Mcfc

If you could see only ONE of your teams win the title, what would you prefer?

• NYCFC wins MLS Cup

Votes: 26 57.8%
  • MCFC wins The Premier League

Votes: 19 42.2%

• Total voters
I never really had a team in PL, would usually just root for Americans and whichever team's style of play I liked best at the time. Now that I have some sort of a connection, I support City. While I do root for Man City and hope they win the league, it won't really phase all that much if they don't.

Reactions: Kubah
I voted NYCFC, since I think NYCFC's winning will do more to boost American Soccer/USMNT, which is where my first soccer love is.

Now, I think this gets a little tougher if its NYCFC-MLS Cup and MCFC-Champions League. I may be tempted to go MCFC on that one, since a UCL win is so incredible.

This question can be posed to everyone with all teams. I see where you're going with it though, MCFC brought us here so now where do we stand. Honestly it's a bit unfair.
Right now since NYCFC isn't playing - MCFC.
Once I'm at the games and feel the passion of the fans and exude that myself then it MIGHT change.
Of course NYCFC will be my MLS team. Will it be my top team? That's something the club will need to earn.

Obviously my allegiance is with the Manchester club, but since I am not an American I think voting in the poll would skew the results, so I've stayed out of it.

Reactions: Kinkladze
I am MCFC. I bleed the colo(u)r blue. I have been a blue virtually my whole life. I am always ready to stand up and be counted as to where my allegiances lie, such as this vote. City will always come first in cases like this, no matter what.

That said, I will get right behind NYCFC (and Melbourne), and I will give my all. I will watch, follow, and support. I will pay close attention to news, I will keep an eye (and on occasion watch) other MLS fixtures if they have a bearing on this new club of mine. I will learn about the somewhat alien draft system and what MLS allows and doesn't, when it is but common place elsewhere. I am very excited about all of this, but City will always be #1.

I suppose it is like many of you but in reverse; an Arsenal fan, a Chelsea fan, and, yes, even, a Liverpool fan ;)

I am MCFC. I bleed the colo(u)r blue. I have been a blue virtually my whole life. I am always ready to stand up and be counted as to where my allegiances lie, such as this vote. City will always come first in cases like this, no matter what.

That said, I will get right behind NYCFC (and Melbourne), and I will give my all. I will watch, follow, and support. I will pay close attention to news, I will keep an eye (and on occasion watch) other MLS fixtures if they have a bearing on this new club of mine. I will learn about the somewhat alien draft system and what MLS allows and doesn't, when it is but common place elsewhere. I am very excited about all of this, but City will always be #1.

I suppose it is like many of you but in reverse; an Arsenal fan, a Chelsea fan, and, yes, even, a Liverpool fan ;)

I'm guessing its very different for the Americans. Like Dan, I'm sure there's a few.

This question can be posed to everyone with all teams. I see where you're going with it though, MCFC brought us here so now where do we stand. Honestly it's a bit unfair.
Right now since NYCFC isn't playing - MCFC.
Once I'm at the games and feel the passion of the fans and exude that myself then it MIGHT change.
Of course NYCFC will be my MLS team. Will it be my top team? That's something the club will need to earn.

The reason I posed the question specifically with MCFC is it seems some people are NYCFC because they were previously MCFC, and vice versa. So I was more curious about the link between the club has affected allegiences, rather than just a general NYCFC vs Your Favorite EPL Team.

MCFC and I live in The region but City came before nycfc and they have my allegiance..but ima supporter of nycfc and I hope my love for city is replicated with New York City

Wow. This is a great question. When I started following MCFC I never dreamed we'd compete for titles. It was all about staying up and relevant. Making a cup run here or there if possible but never getting to the top or playing in Europe. All that's happened now. I feel like MCFC have accomplished so much in so little time that I have a hard time wrapping my mind around it. We're a world class club that have worldwide ambition.

Since I've only experienced two New York teams winning a title in my lifetime (86 Mets, 94 Rangers) I'd have to vote for NYCFC. I can't tell you what an amazing day it was when MCFC won the title. I don't even remember how the day ended. I can only imagine being with all of you in the stadium the day we raise the cup.

It will happen.

vito i've been hearing rumors that everton want to lose to us on purpose just so liverpool can't win the league ;)

If they want to give up the 4th place spot and not try for the Champions League, but I couldn't see them doing that

If they want to give up the 4th place spot and not try for the Champions League, but I couldn't see them doing that

They've already lost 4th place. It's gone. They're four points behind with six to go. They have to hope that Arsenal get no more than two points off West Brom and Norwich, while they have to get six points from City and Hull. The bookies are offering 1/100 odds that Arsenal get the 4th place. It's never going to happen for them, not this season anyway.

This poll reminds me of the one you see in the U.K forums every year.. Club or Country, club always win hands down.
It´s so much more personal with a local team for most I guess.

Reactions: Kinkladze
This poll reminds me of the one you see in the U.K forums every year.. Club or Country, club always win hands down.
It´s so much more personal with a local team for most I guess.
From my experience, club over country is the common sentiment in the UK, but the opposite is true in the US. I would take a World Cup for the US over NYCFC winning MLS Cup and CCL.