Questions For Claudio & Pernetti

Personally I always find these types of things tough, because you know you're not going to get a straight answer to any question that isn't softball. While SSS and player signing questions should be and probably will be asked, I doubt any answers of substance will be given. Ticket prices? Local TV coverage? Kit release?

Personally I always find these types of things tough, because you know you're not going to get a straight answer to any question that isn't softball. While SSS and player signing questions should be and probably will be asked, I doubt any answers of substance will be given. Ticket prices? Local TV coverage? Kit release?

While it'll most likely be covered by YES, Local TV coverage is definately an interesting question to ask

Would they be interested in starting a rivalry cup between us and the RedBulls? Kind of like the Cascadia Cup between Portland and Seattle

Reactions: NYCFCFan10
Will tickets be sold at or below the competition price (spec. RBNY)?

Will parking prices be the same as they are for Yankees games?

A common concern amongst our supporters is, using Yankees prices on tickets and parking. They much higher than the average soccer equivalent and will hurt ticket sales for casual soccer fans.

Reactions: Kinkladze
These two are the soccer guys, questions must be about on-pitch stuff or they will hardly be able to tell us much IMHO.

So.. The most obvious question to me is "How will we build this team in regards to drafts, DP´s and loan opportunities" and perhaps at what level of spending we are willing to commit to our marquee players/s.

Reactions: Kinkladze
Are there any issues using the NYCFC logo for flags or tifos during games?

I really struggle to see the club objecting to their own fans using their own logo. It would be like shooting themselves in the foot with a howitzer. That said, still feel free to ask it and get the official line.

I really struggle to see the club objecting to their own fans using their own logo. It would be like shooting themselves in the foot with a howitzer. That said, still feel free to ask it and get the official line.

Thing is.. The club don´t own the logo, MLS does but yeah, I can´t imagine it being an issue.

Very much this for me, too. It'll be a 'cute & cuddly' Q&A. I expect any question outside of the comfort zone will be dodged or the answer given will be insufficient to inquiring minds.

From experience following other MLS clubs all these years, it is highly unlikely you can use the teams official logo's for anything that is either sold (like scarves and t-shirts) or given away for promotions/rewards (like branded freebies) with the rare exception that the club designs it and gives it to you for use. I would expect them to allow use for in stadium items that you arrange with them, like Tifo and flags.

Gene Gene , BlueWolf BlueWolf
you guys are probably right, but it's easy and free to come prepared on our part. If the club decides they want to play the politician game, that's on them.

Reactions: Gene
In that case, einwindir ...

How much of an influence will Manchester City be to New York City FC? Understandably you want to be your own club, but will they be in a position to suggest certain things to you, and I do not mean how to play soccer. I know that playing the 'City way' will be brought to the club, but other than that, as the parent club, will they have any control over you?

Again, whilst being your own club in your own right, how does it feel that MCFC have now bought Melbourne Heart and, by all accounts, are looking at a Portuguese club and a club somewhere in Asia for their next expansion (and I realise you are unlikely to speak about this matter whether you are aware of it or not)? Does it feel like a large family you are proud to be associated with, or (and, again, I realise you cannot speak for the fans) do you worry that some fans may look at this franchise as just another money-making opportunity for ADUG?

What are we looking at as being a success during the inaugural season? Consolidation? Or play-offs? I understand that "to play is to win", but it would be a big ask, so what are your reasonable expectations?

It has been said that players coming to the end of their game, particularly from Manchester City will be offered to you, whilst their experience will undoubtedly be of a massive help to the team, are you not concerned that some will look at this as simply being "one last payday", and allowing Manchester City a quick and easy way to get easily get rid of one or two players?

Whilst I am sure it is looked upon as being a great challenge to face and overcome, how big of a job is it to create an entire squad from scratch ready to play competitive soccer next year? Creating a fanbase that supports the club no matter what is probably chicken-feed compared to building a squad that has a winning spirit and is able to play together holistically.

Do you consider yourselves as perceived targets by other clubs? By that I mean, a scalp to take, should they beat us, due to us being new and the nature of how we have been formed? Yes, a game is a game, but perhaps others wish to welcome us to the league by teaching us a lesson?

There's a few questions. I know not all (if any) will be asked, but I am curious nevertheless.

how about asking maybe discount ticket prices for the club for those people who are also season ticket holders of the yankees? maybe bring in your ticket stub while you purchase a single game ticket and save like $10 or something like that or get a free beer or just some small incentive

Reactions: Gene and Slick Rick
how about asking maybe discount ticket prices for the club for those people who are also season ticket holders of the yankees? maybe bring in your ticket stub while you purchase a single game ticket and save like $10 or something like that or get a free beer or just some small incentive

I believe they have mentioned they will do some type of cross promotional benefits for Season ticket holders of each team. Like Yankee season ticket holder will have exclusive opportunities for City matches and vice versa.

Reactions: Buckley
In that case, einwindir ...

How much of an influence will Manchester City be to New York City FC? Understandably you want to be your own club, but will they be in a position to suggest certain things to you, and I do not mean how to play soccer. I know that playing the 'City way' will be brought to the club, but other than that, as the parent club, will they have any control over you?

Again, whilst being your own club in your own right, how does it feel that MCFC have now bought Melbourne Heart and, by all accounts, are looking at a Portuguese club and a club somewhere in Asia for their next expansion (and I realise you are unlikely to speak about this matter whether you are aware of it or not)? Does it feel like a large family you are proud to be associated with, or (and, again, I realise you cannot speak for the fans) do you worry that some fans may look at this franchise as just another money-making opportunity for ADUG?

What are we looking at as being a success during the inaugural season? Consolidation? Or play-offs? I understand that "to play is to win", but it would be a big ask, so what are your reasonable expectations?

It has been said that players coming to the end of their game, particularly from Manchester City will be offered to you, whilst their experience will undoubtedly be of a massive help to the team, are you not concerned that some will look at this as simply being "one last payday", and allowing Manchester City a quick and easy way to get easily get rid of one or two players?

Whilst I am sure it is looked upon as being a great challenge to face and overcome, how big of a job is it to create an entire squad from scratch ready to play competitive soccer next year? Creating a fanbase that supports the club no matter what is probably chicken-feed compared to building a squad that has a winning spirit and is able to play together holistically.

Do you consider yourselves as perceived targets by other clubs? By that I mean, a scalp to take, should they beat us, due to us being new and the nature of how we have been formed? Yes, a game is a game, but perhaps others wish to welcome us to the league by teaching us a lesson?

There's a few questions. I know not all (if any) will be asked, but I am curious nevertheless.

To be honest MCFC are just another branch in the expanding CFG empire.. London based empire as well, but yes, the biggest branch so far is MCFC of course which is why Manchester acts as a hub for certain activities while the financial decisions are taken on the top floors of 10 Brock street in London.
It´s such a corporate world nowadays.

As for NYCFC all New York clubs are "targets" of opinions and general hostility, much because NY media is still very dominant and tend to cover NY teams more than say a team from Columbus.
Goals.. To win it all of course but play-offs are something that we all sort off expect.

Myself I´m somewhat dubious about if MCFC players will arrive in any numbers, Kreis himself knows that it´s the combined standard of the team that will make or break it and have said so on a number of occasions so there might be better to pick younger players that ain´t up to MCFC standards.. Like Mix for instance.
But yeah, some DP´s might come in handy but they will not be able to make much difference if the rest of the squad is substandard

I´m confident that Kreis will use the expansion draft wisely so just give the team some time to gel and the sky´s the limit.

I think you are all placing way to much importance on CFG - it was created solely as a holding company. City is no stranger to this. When Thaksin Shinawatra was in charge he created a company to distance himself from the club, and it was called UK Sports Investments Limited (on May 31st 2007) and later UK Sports Investments (on June 18th 2007), which the latter owned the former.

Both were liquidated the day ADUG bought the club.

Forget CFG, this is MCFC. Trust me on this.