Red Bull To Leave/mix Almost To Crew?

MikeDatTiger

Registered
Mar 21, 2014
New Orleans, Louisiana
Grant Wahl just published this: http://www.si.com/soccer/planet-fut...nes-chivas-usa-portland-all-star-julian-green

Two things in that of interest to NYCFC.

First, apparently Mix Diskerud, who's been mentioned around here as a potential target for NYCFC, had an agreement with Crew but broke it off because Mix wanted more money. Columbus is atop the allocation order for non-DP USMNT players, but NYCFC and Orlando would jump them once they enter.

Second, apparently MLS is starting to think that Red Bull has lost interest in the MLS club and isn't willing to spend on the 3 DP spots and may sell eventually.

The rules as I understand them subject to MLS just changing them on the fly are that Mix is subject to an allocation order as a USMNT player unless he exceeds a certain designated threshold which MLS has never publicly revealed. It sounds like that's the range he's in. So, yes.

It would be interesting to see where they'd go from there. Back to Metrostars? Third rebrand? I'd also imagine it would have to be owners with deep pockets in some way if they mean to compete with us.

I would bet money that if they lose Red Bull they're going to buy the Cosmos name and re-brand to that. Just think the Cosmos are going to be battered and lost in a two MLS team environment, and with the stadium plan not going well so far I imagine the Cosmos owners would take the cash that NYRB would offer.

I would bet money that if they lose Red Bull they're going to buy the Cosmos name and re-brand to that. Just think the Cosmos are going to be battered and lost in a two MLS team environment, and with the stadium plan not going well so far I imagine the Cosmos owners would take the cash that NYRB would offer.
I would bet agaisnt it. People do not realize that the Cosmos brand is not really worth much. It's time to move on and a fresh brand will be much more successful imo.

If there is a God in Heaven this has to happen. It would be epic to see the meltdown suffered by the faux-Cosmos fanboys.

The longer RB stays, the better it is for us. At least until we build in SSS in the city.

It would be interesting to see where they'd go from there. Back to Metrostars? Third rebrand? I'd also imagine it would have to be owners with deep pockets in some way if they mean to compete with us.
Cosmos return?

Hopefully not NY United....

Reactions: CP_Scouse
Grant Wahl just published this: http://www.si.com/soccer/planet-fut...nes-chivas-usa-portland-all-star-julian-green

Two things in that of interest to NYCFC.

First, apparently Mix Diskerud, who's been mentioned around here as a potential target for NYCFC, had an agreement with Crew but broke it off because Mix wanted more money. Columbus is atop the allocation order for non-DP USMNT players, but NYCFC and Orlando would jump them once they enter.

Second, apparently MLS is starting to think that Red Bull has lost interest in the MLS club and isn't willing to spend on the 3 DP spots and may sell eventually.

Cosmos cave to MLS financial demands, after growing frustrated by the molasses pace of LI development & politics, and buy RBNY and the Borough Boys go from not supporting a team in the 5 boroughs, to not supporting a team in NY. LOL

Apparently Columbus Crew were offering Mix twice what he makes at Rosenborg but his father/agent at the last minute demanded more and the deal broke down. Probably for good.

For those keeping score, this is the 2nd time daddy did this to Mix. He was going to sign for Portland last year and pappa did the same thing.

Reactions: Kjbert
Yeah, when someone offers to more than TRIPLE your salary, you're an idiot for saying no. It may all be his father, but now that he's burned two clubs (and maybe three if you count LAG, who have apparently moved up in allocation order for absolutely no reason) I wonder if any other club, including NYCFC, will bother with him.

Reactions: Kjbert