Rumored Third Kit

Why would adidas put out something that looks nothing like their other designs in the league, and borrows from Nike's man city kit with the thick sleeve borders. That looks extremely photoshopped. Plus, MLS is stopping 3rd kits this year, and it is boring as hell.

does single-entity MLS mean it's up to MLS whether or not a team can put out a third jersey?

I think it's an Adidas thing. I don't think the market is big enough for most MLS teams to have a third shirt. They also tend to be unnecessary. So there isn't a need to spend all the money on third shirts via design and production.

It's funny because I actually think light blue home and black away probably could use an orange away shirt to have better contrast when playing the many navy teams in the East. But alas.

Reactions: Kubah
I think it's an Adidas thing. I don't think the market is big enough for most MLS teams to have a third shirt. They also tend to be unnecessary. So there isn't a need to spend all the money on third shirts via design and production.

It's funny because I actually think light blue home and black away probably could use an orange away shirt to have better contrast when playing the many navy teams in the East. But alas.

Agreed - hopefully this is problematic in some way and we get a nice orange one!