Season Tickets On Sale Today At 1pm

OK so I just spoke with Dan from their ticket team. Really nice guy. This is what he shared:

- My order # through Ticketmaster is 28-32547. I am amongst the first 3k to make a deposit. The reason that number is important is because it's within the range of the first 3k. It sounds like the 28 prefix is important. If that helps anyone.

- The plan now is to release a seating map early in the Summer. Once the map has been revealed, then they will message everyone again to make your seat selections on a first come first serve basis.

- They have had A LOT of activity for Supporters Section.

- When you factor in people purchasing multiple seats, it seems like they have 10k worth of seats "pledged" - pretty amazing that they would have pledges to purchase 10,000 seats in the first 72 hours.

- They are working through e-mail confirmations, but they have a lot to get through. He shared that if you don't get an e-mail by this time next week, feel free to call for information/confirmation

- Finally, the most activity has come from Westchester County. I told him to make sure the final stadium ends up in the Bronx for our convenience.

OK so I just spoke with Dan from their ticket team. Really nice guy. This is what he shared:

- My order # through Ticketmaster is 28-32547. I am amongst the first 3k to make a deposit. The reason that number is important is because it's within the range of the first 3k. It sounds like the 28 prefix is important. If that helps anyone.

- The plan now is to release a seating map early in the Summer. Once the map has been revealed, then they will message everyone again to make your seat selections on a first come first serve basis.

- They have had A LOT of activity for Supporters Section.

- When you factor in people purchasing multiple seats, it seems like they have 10k worth of seats "pledged" - pretty amazing that they would have pledges to purchase 10,000 seats in the first 72 hours.

- They are working through e-mail confirmations, but they have a lot to get through. He shared that if you don't get an e-mail by this time next week, feel free to call for information/confirmation

- Finally, the most activity has come from Westchester County. I told him to make sure the final stadium ends up in the Bronx for our convenience.

I would be very surprised if they had 10,000 seats pledged. Last I heard they were at 1,100 deposits (not seats) on Tuesday. I can't imagine them getting THAT much much more movement in only a couple of days. I would love to be surprised though. At this point though I think they probably passed the 3,000 mark since they stopped advertising it today on Twitter.

Hmmmm. I wonder if anyone asked at the May 1 meet and greet if they would release the number of deposits taken?

I would be very surprised if they had 10,000 seats pledged. Last I heard they were at 1,100 deposits (not seats) on Tuesday. I can't imagine them getting THAT much much more movement in only a couple of days. I would love to be surprised though. At this point though I think they probably passed the 3,000 mark since they stopped advertising it today on Twitter.

It sounded like they were somewhere around 4,000 deposits. Most deposits were for more than 1 seat.

Didn´t the marketing (subway ads etc) start just the other day?.. :eek:

FYI: I signed up for 4 tix yesterday (5/8/14) and confirmed via chat and email that I was in the first 3,000.

Also, what does the below mean? Does anyone know if you will have to pay extra for this?

"The opportunity to have your name etched in stone and on display as a Founding Member at New York City FC’s future stadium (1 name per account)"

Last edited:
FYI: I signed up for 4 tixesterday (5/8/14) and confirmed via chat and email that I was in the first 3,000.

Also, what does the below mean? Does anyone know if you will have to pay extra for this?

"The opportunity to have your name etched in stone and on display as a Founding Member at New York City FC’s future stadium (1 name per account)"

David from NYCFC Live Chat says:

David: At this point we do not anticpate that, but that is something that will be addressed once we have a better idea on our permanent location!

Not sure if this means anything but I guess the bottom line is nobody knows. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a fee involved.

David from NYCFC Live Chat says:

David: At this point we do not anticpate that, but that is something that will be addressed once we have a better idea on our permanent location!

Not sure if this means anything but I guess the bottom line is nobody knows. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a fee involved.
The think the key qualifying word is "opportunity". I would be more than pleasantly surprised if there was not a fee attached.

I'm shocked that they still haven't passed 3,000 deposits yet.

So was I, that is why I got them on chat and also sent and email. I assume they got a lot of applications initially, people who were waiting for the release, but then things slowed considerably.

I'm sure season tickets will start selling when some signings happen. It's amazing what a big name can do

Reactions: Gene
I'm sure season tickets will start selling when some signings happen. It's amazing what a big name can do

I agree, I expect these things to happen in waves but it is shocking considering that Atlanta (a team that I didn't think would be able to sell tickets) reportedly has well over 3,000 deposits at this point with over 9,000 tickets accounted for and they aren't joining the league anytime soon.

I also think sales will pick up once they release actual ticket prices and seating arrangements.

Jeez, how many FB posts are there where the reading challenged start whining they're not going to pay $50 or $200 a ticket to see them play? :rolleyes:

We have to let people on the fence understand that the $30, $50 and $200 are just a deposit and not the straight up price for seat per game. The energy drink guys and the mirages in Long Island keep on misinforming people

more deposits will come once we have some players and pull season price is announced. I know that has some people on the fence

I know I've seen a ton of advertising in the city but has anyone seen anything in the suburbs? Besides one poster on Metro North I haven't seen anything. It would probably boost sales if they did some campaigning up here in Westchester.

We have to let people on the fence understand that the $30, $50 and $200 are just a deposit and not the straight up price for seat per game. The energy drink guys and the mirages in Long Island keep on misinforming people

The average price for a supporters section ticket in MLS is $16.75

It being New York and Yankee Stadium it may be on the higher end of the average. Bleachers for a Yankee game is $20, so I can see it somewhere around there for a supporters ticket. I have no clue what how to figure a price for general seating. This is obviously all speculation on my part so take what you will from it.