Shots Fired By Ocsc

I'm ok with it spreading. Shows how influential the World Cup came. I wouldn't be surprised to hear it in a few college football games this fall. Anything that shows the growth of the sport or helps create a unique US Soccer culture is fine by me.
The chant is an "old" one. According to this article:
http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebask...91/coolest-chant-in-the-country-began-at-navy

What I was trying to say is that since ESPN used #IBelieve as a marketing device it's become ingrained in us that it is a USMNT Chant. For OCSC to use it as their big welcoming for Kaka comes off as a lazy hack move. At least ATL had some interesting and unique chants.

It was just an observation on my part. If people need 'I believe' as their cornerstone for Soccer, I'm fine with that. I'm with you - anything that keeps soccer in the US moving forward.

lools like robinho is close to signing for them as well.

they are really appealing to their brazilian fan base which is good for them.

Reactions: Capt.Tsubasa
You weren't kidding about shots fired...

Br-wiB4CQAAvPvt.jpg

Damn. That's an impressive crowd. Good on them. The 'I Believe' chant was a little cringey though. After all the AO / USMNT hullabaloo I feel like that chant should be offlimits.
Yeah, heard them chanting it over at the Jersey Cows game, cringed a little. Should be off-limits to clubs now.

Reactions: einwindir
I'm really surprised MLS has been quiet about this. The time to nip this kind of nonsense in the bud is now. You cannot have supporters groups engaging in fights. Quickest way to lose all the World Cup momentum is this nonsense.
They can't really do anything right now since OC isn't in MLS yet. You can be sure they won't tolerate their nonsense next year

MLS can put out a statement condemning it and making note that it will be considered when contemplating the sanction of partial stadium closures when they get to MLS.

True, but I think the MLS would rather just not be involved at all. In this case any PR may be bad PR for the MLS. I can't really see a positive spin here.

Sure, but if this happens next year it's a much bigger story-and a much bigger PR disaster for MLS.

Yea that makes sense. Maybe the league has already said something to them. My point is I can't see why MLS would ever publicly acknowledge this, there is nothing for them to gain.

If anything, OCSC should be up in arms making statements to protect their reputation.

Should be OK. They have been threatened with Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck at next home game if trouble occurs.

Full press release from OCSC http://orlandocitysc.com/news/?article_id=1952

I guess they had to play a bit of catch up in regulating their SG's. Still a great response though.
With the achievements OC has made over the past couple weeks it's a shame that a couple idiots could have completely destroyed it. ILF and the Ruckus (??) are fools for thinking they can carry on with this sort of behavior. Hopefully it's not too late for OC but people may forget about that amazing Kaka reception and think of OC as a bunch of rowdy hooligans...

That article pretty much shows that their supporter groups have little to no contact with the club.

Hopefully this is just a small road bump for OCSC. That is a pretty impressive turn out for player most of them two months ago couldn't pick out of a lineup, don't think Villa got that kind of response.