Superdraft 2015 Mega-thread

Del Campo goes undrafted.

Andrew Wolverton, the guy many thought was the #1 Keeper in America the past two years, falls to LAG with the third to last pick of the draft.

63. Orlando City - Sidney Rivera, F, Old Dominion
64. Vancouver- Markus Nagelstad, Providence
65. Montreal- Cameron Iwasa, F, UC-Irvine
66. San Jose- Chimdum Mez- Cal State Sacramento
67. Colorado- Dominique Badji, F, Boston U
68. Chicago- Alex Shinsky, F, Maryland.
69. Columbus- Kalen Rydan, Midwestern State
70. Toronto FC- Sal Bernal, UNLV
71. Philadelphia- Raymond Lee, LB, Saint Louis
72. Vancouver, Craig Nitti, CB, Loyola Marymount
73. Sporting KC, Tony Rocha, Tulsa

So what happens with Del Campo? If he goes undrafted, does that mean he still has a Sr. Contract? Or is it void and then he goes into supplemental?

Correct. Per Ives -
His senior contract is pretty much an albatross around his neck as teams aren't sold on him enough to guarantee a roster spot.
To add to that Ives is also saying that his combine performance and interviews turned off a lot of teams.

Reactions: Kjbert
So what happens with Del Campo? If he goes undrafted, does that mean he still has a Sr. Contract? Or is it void and then he goes into supplemental?

There is no supplemental draft this year. It was merged into the SuperDraft (of sorts) as of last year. I think (don't quote me on this) Del Campo's contract will remain, though, and clubs will have some sort of period when they can claim him before his contract is done away with.

Will these players go and train with us or go straight to our affiliate team?

Almost certainly straight to Wilmington IMO. Especially Rawls and Naglestad, who are players in positions we are well-stocked for. Shelton is the only draftee likely to remain, but even he may well be sent out to NC.

I think we'll keep hold of Shelton, and I think Brandt may be used for cover but the other 2 will probably go to WHFC.

Brandt, Rawls, Neglestad, Dunn will probably be playing USL Pro next season.

63. Orlando City - Sidney Rivera, F, Old Dominion
64. Vancouver- Markus Nagelstad, Providence
65. Montreal- Cameron Iwasa, F, UC-Irvine
66. San Jose- Chimdum Mez- Cal State Sacramento
67. Colorado- Dominique Badji, F, Boston U
68. Chicago- Alex Shinsky, F, Maryland.
69. Columbus- Kalen Rydan, Midwestern State
70. Toronto FC- Sal Bernal, UNLV
71. Philadelphia- Raymond Lee, LB, Saint Louis
72. Vancouver, Craig Nitti, CB, Loyola Marymount
73. Sporting KC, Tony Rocha, Tulsa
Did NYCFC or Vancouver get Nagelstad?

Ives says his contract isn't valid if no one takes him. Ouch. Preseason camp invitee?

I think we'll keep hold of Shelton, and I think Brandt may be used for cover but the other 2 will probably go to WHFC.

Brandt, Rawls, Neglestad, Dunn will probably be playing USL Pro next season.

Really, Dunn? I don't know if he'll be a starter, but I wouldn't expect him to get sent down to Wilmington. I know Chivas was a tire fire last year, but he got a strong run out later in the season and was named player of the month for September and October.

Really, Dunn? I don't know if he'll be a starter, but I wouldn't expect him to get sent down to Wilmington. I know Chivas was a tire fire last year, but he got a strong run out later in the season and was named player of the month for September and October.
I know some here are high on Dunn but he and all the draft picks are candidates for Wilmington. Some would go all season others for a few games.

And there's a reason a lot of these guys were a) made available in the expansion draft (Tony Taylor) b) were playing for Chivas and c) lasted until the second day of the draft.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
I know some here are high on Dunn but he and all the draft picks are candidates for Wilmington. Some would go all season others for a few games.
Is there a limit on how many players nycfc can send to Wilmington?