Superdraft 2015 Mega-thread

I know some here are high on Dunn but he and all the draft picks are candidates for Wilmington. Some would go all season others for a few games.
By taking Dunn in the dispersal draft, Jason Kreis signaled that he had a vision for him. If he is someone who he believes can be a part of this team for the next few years, he will not get sent down this year. The first few months of this season are critical for Kreis' program, and he will want Dunn around.

By taking Dunn in the dispersal draft, Jason Kreis signaled that he had a vision for him. If he is someone who he believes can be a part of this team for the next few years, he will not get sent down this year. The first few months of this season are critical for Kreis' program, and he will want Dunn around.

We disagree here. He might have seen that Dunn can be a contributor here. Doesn't mean that he will be a contributor on day one. Apart from an offseason to work hard, Dunn is essentially the guy that had barely broken through with Chivas. The same Chivas that doesn't exist. If we're relying on him big time, that doesn't bode well for us.

Reactions: MagnusPax
I think we'll keep hold of Shelton, and I think Brandt may be used for cover but the other 2 will probably go to WHFC.

Brandt, Rawls, Neglestad, Dunn will probably be playing USL Pro next season.

This. Can't see Rawls in NYC until Meara's on his way out. On the other hand the Rawls pick certainly feels like it ends any thought of long-term plans with Meara.

This. Can't see Rawls in NYC until Meara's on his way out. On the other hand the Rawls pick certainly feels like it ends any thought of long-term plans with Meara.

I disagree, it's only a third round pick. They saw his athleticism and took a shot. 3rd rounders historically haven't had a ton of success in the MLS. It's much different in the NFL draft. If he grows into a good keeper great if not it was worth a pick just on the potential alone.

I think it's insurance. We don't know if Meara can or wants to force rb to make the loan permanent so we're better off grooming a GK in the meantime.

Is Robles up for a new contract? Maybe the reason they didn't sell Meara to New York City is that they want to let Robles walk and go with the cheaper option.

It seems very clear from that interview that they see Shelton and Brandt as making an impact sooner rather than later for the 1st team.

Interesting that both are 22, and that would be considered old for a young player in Europe.
Kreis clearly stated in all his post-draft interviews that Shelton was raw and needed molding but had a ton of upside. You don't say that about a starter. You say that about a guy you might send out on loan or maybe, maybe ride the bench. I would prefer he does the "Dom Dwyer" and tears up USL Pro this year on loan and comes back hungry and steals a DP's spot. :)

He will be here. Claudio talked about him making a late impact in games. Specifically, when they are winning and he goes in for the counter attack.

He will be here. Claudio talked about him making a late impact in games. Specifically, when they are winning and he goes in for the counter attack.
Sounds like Kreis and Claudio on different pages. Where did Reyna say this?

Still "late impact" sounds like code for bench warmer at best.

Sounds like Kreis and Claudio on different pages. Where did Reyna say this?

Still "late impact" sounds like code for bench warmer at best.

I watch all the NYCFC videos on MLStv on AppleTV.

Kreis clearly stated in all his post-draft interviews that Shelton was raw and needed molding but had a ton of upside. You don't say that about a starter. You say that about a guy you might send out on loan or maybe, maybe ride the bench. I would prefer he does the "Dom Dwyer" and tears up USL Pro this year on loan and comes back hungry and steals a DP's spot. :)
Yes, yes, yes, and no.... he doesn't need to be taking up a precious DP spot haha

I am not saying he will be a starter, but from Reyna's interview it sounded as if he will be part of the NYC squad and not be going to Wilmington.

Yes, yes, yes, and no.... he doesn't need to be taking up a precious DP spot haha
Well this will be done in the non-stupid Sporting KC way. Shelton comes back, replaces a DP who is then IMMEDIATELY released and a new DP for a different position is brought in. Sporting KC let DP Beiler rot on the bench all year, ALL YEAR, as a DP while the guy making 50k or whatever and played in USL the year before replaced him. Stoopid.

Reactions: Kjbert