Supporters: Where Do You All Think Nycfc Will Build Their New Stadium?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYCFC-NYY

Registered
Apr 1, 2015
Long Island, NY
Their initial plan to have a stadium in Flushing Meadows Park was shot down, then we were "very, very close" to having a new stadium in the Bronx, and those plans fell through. Now they are looking at the Aqueduct site, which I think is a bad idea considering how far it is from Manhattan/city center. Where do you all believe their new stadium will be built?

Honest and serious answers only please.

Also, with this whole stadium mess, do you all think New York City FC will last or will it become another Chivas USA? Not trying to be a pessimist or anything, just want to make sure that this franchise is stable and that we as die-hard supporters won't have to worry about this team moving or folding in the near/distant future.

Attachments

• Villa2_1280_01m3fe8o_4ms5ue7y.jpg
    Villa2_1280_01m3fe8o_4ms5ue7y.jpg
    293.1 KB · Views: 107
Bronx, it's the ideal location for all parties involved... we are pulling 27,500 at that location already, 16,000 of them season ticket holders... why change it if it's working....

Reactions: Albany_NYCFC
Bronx, it's the ideal location for all parties involved... we are pulling 27,500 at that location already, 16,000 of them season ticket holders... why change it if it's working....
I really hope so. The Bronx makes most sense with it's right next to the Yankees and there's great public transportation systems (subway, Metro North). But after all the whirlwind with GAL/Bill de Blasio killing the deal to build a stadium, I'm kind of worried about the stability of this team

Reactions: Albany_NYCFC
I'm kind of worried about the stability of this team

You shouldn't worry about the stability of our team. You should worry more about the stability of your new thread....

My honest and serious answer is you should look at the 'Stadium News' thread.

Reactions: LionNYC
You shouldn't worry about the stability of our team. You should worry more about the stability of your new thread....

My honest and serious answer is you should look at the 'Stadium News' thread.
I already did. Lot's of opinions, both kinda of realistic and a lot of fantasy. I just hope they find a good spot for the new stadium that is convenient for fans from different parts of the NY Metro area to attend and help this team grow in this city

Give the guy a break, he's new to the forum (unless this is a sock puppet account.)

Got add my name to voting the Bronx at least from a selfish POV. I've found getting down via Metro North rather easy and think I can hopefully make around 10 matches a year on average from Connecticut if they stay on a Metro North line.

Status
Not open for further replies.