Tactics And Possible Formations

BlueWarrior

Registered
Jun 9, 2014
CT
Iheancho----------Villa----------Podolski
------------------ Lampard--------------------
-------Fofana-------------------Jacobson

4-3-3? Sounds adventurous. And only successful if they have a great defense including a great goalie.

If we're talking pipe dreams:

----------Lampard---------Mix------
------------------Mendoza--------------------

The right side won't be Podolski/Mix, but something comparable would be awesommmmeeeeee

Brovsky------Kwame----Mendoza--RB-------
-----------------Saunders-----------------------

I still just don't see us playing Lampard that high up the field. He's not a creator.

I would bet we'd be more likely to see him deployed in a way more similar to how LFC uses Gerrard now than being that far advanced. Go pull up his heat maps. He doesn't spend a lot of time around that part of the field.

I still just don't see us playing Lampard that high up the field. He's not a creator.

I would bet we'd be more likely to see him deployed in a way more similar to how LFC uses Gerrard now than being that far advanced. Go pull up his heat maps. He doesn't spend a lot of time around that part of the field.

-------------------------<Creator>---------
----------Lampard----------------------
------------------<Destroyer>--------------------
Brovsky------------------------------<Right Back>
-----------<Centerback>---<Centerback>-------

View attachment 550

I think it could look something like this. Jacobson will play the same role as Beckerman did in the World Cup and Lampard will play like Jermaine Jones did. He'll have more freedom to attack and won't be anchored in front of the defense.

Edit: Sitting above Lampard will be a creative midfielder like a Xavi.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 47
abHwyPXajY.png

I would expect Saunders and Watson-Siriboe to be backup/squad players.

I would just give Lampard a free role in the middle with Jacobson and another defensively sound player on both sides of him. A Yaya Toure type player for example.

Villa Iheanacho LW
Jacobson Lampard Box-Box
Brovsky CB CB RB
Saunders

abHwyPXajY.png

I would expect Saunders and Watson-Siriboe to be backup/squad players.
Probably at first, Kwame Watson-Sirobe showed some real promise at RSL before he had an injury. I can see him becoming a starter, depending on who they bring in. I would expect him to fight for starting spot at Salt Lake had he stayed.

PS can we get these last few posts turned into a new thread about potential line-ups? @Falastur einwindir einwindir

Probably at first, Kwame Watson-Sirobe showed some real promise at RSL before he had an injury. I can see him becoming a starter, depending on who they bring in. I would expect him to fight for starting spot at Salt Lake had he stayed.

PS can we get these last few posts turned into a new thread about potential line-ups? @Falastur einwindir einwindir
Done. Let me know if you want a better title.

Reactions: MagnusPax
mix will prob end up in LA filling donovans DP spot.

If we get podolski and iheanacho we would most likely see a 4-3-3. Not many teams have had success with that formation in this league, but not many teams have lampard, villa and possibly podolski on their team.

mix will prob end up in LA filling donovans DP spot.

If we get podolski and iheanacho we would most likely see a 4-3-3. Not many teams have had success with that formation in this league, but not many teams have lampard, villa and possibly podolski on their team.

Wenger said Podolski isn't leaving Arsenal during this transfer window. And he's still being looked at by major European clubs. I just don't see him coming here

Wenger said Podolski isn't leaving Arsenal during this transfer window. And he's still being looked at by major European clubs. I just don't see him coming here

yeah but let me dream ;) also I hear xabi alonso is on his way to bayern munich for a reported 10 million euros. Wish we spent some money on him......His passing ability would make him the heart of this team.

Reactions: Vito
God I would've loved having Alonso here. One of my favorite players in the world

There are 4 unknown players in his lineup so without knowing the quality of those 4 I'm not sure how it could be so certain the defens would be porous .If the playmaker spot added to that lineup was class they would score more than a few goals.
I mean the formation, there are no defensive wingers, Villa isn't going to provide and cover for the backs and Lampard isn't generally known as a destroyer.