That Piece Of Music !!!

MrE

Registered
Jun 1, 2014
You have a thread about (pre match) anthems. But what about that piece of music that builds up the atmosphere just before and whilst the players enter the pitch.
The music that the club play to tell you, the fans that the gladiators are about to enter the pitch.

IMO it should be a piece of music that builds drama, inspires our players, and intimidates the opposition.

No rules, It doesn't matter whether the piece contains words, or not, it is the drama the music can generate in a stadium that matters.

I know you won't use the Man City one, but I post two videos to try to demonstrate what I mean... The first being the piece of music as it is. The Second to demonstrate how it is used at the Etihad. I actually don't think this record was ever a hit in America.

Over to you guys.... What do you want for NYCFC

can we bring inflatable apples instead ... ya know big apple?
That song definitely made it over here and I've heard it in a few sporting situations.

Reactions: MrE
can we bring inflatable apples instead ... ya know big apple?
That song definitely made it over here and I've heard it in a few sporting situations.

Lol, that might connect the CFG, we use banana's you use apples, what could Melbourne use

What about this offering.... you could even change the Hey um ma ma ma to
"Hey New York , New York"
Adding to the atmosphere and the fan participation to intimidate the opponents.

I may just be sentimental and reminiscing ...

NYC band, short song, lot's of easy crowd participation. Leather ... I mean what's not to like. If not I'd love to see someone smarter than me re-work it into a chant ...