The Chaaaaaampions! Uefa Champions League 15/16

Atleti will beat Bayern behind the outstanding work of their rock solid defense. Bayern has yet to play anyone like Atleti and I see Los Rojiblancos going through to the finals.

Reactions: Shane1988
Hell might freeze over....I'm a Barca woman but I'm going to say "Hala Madrid" for today's game.

Saúl scored an absolutely beautiful golazo to propel Atleti past Bayern in the first leg of their tie.

I was watching the game on my phone while traveling back home from Mexico City and celebrated so loudly when Atleti scored that a whole area of the airport started staring at me. :rolleyes:

Reactions: CatNYC
Bayern wins the second leg 2-1, but Athletico Madrid wins on away goals. We won't have the Pep vs. Pellegrini Champions League final. We may have a Madrid Derby depending on the outcome of tomorrow's match of Real vs. City.

Exciting game. Very happy for Atleti!

I only watched about 10 minutes but was really impressed with Athletic's defensive coordination. It's like watching one of those big dance numbers from the 50s where they put the camera in the ceiling. Everyone moves in perfect concert, yet maintaining proper attention to what's happening in their area. It was just a pleasure to watch.

Reactions: Ulrich and CatNYC
I'm just hoping for some exciting football today. Can't root against either of these teams.

edit: Oh, boy... Kompany off already.

Last edited:
I only watched about 10 minutes but was really impressed with Athletic's defensive coordination. It's like watching one of those big dance numbers from the 50s where they put the camera in the ceiling. Everyone moves in perfect concert, yet maintaining proper attention to what's happening in their area. It was just a pleasure to watch.
I always pegged you for a child of the 50's

La Liga DOMINATION!!! :D

Although I am fond of Liverpool I am hoping for both Villarreal and Sevilla to advance to the Europa final thus to continue....La Liga DOMINATION!

Reactions: Paul