The Hate....my God The Hate

It will only get worse as our "bandwagon" gets filled with fans attracted by DPs. Their bitterness at investing on the losing horses for so long will only accentuate until they realize that they're the only ones left. Everyone will have magically turned into a NYCFC fan

Just embrace the hate. Personally I'm loving it so far. Especially from the world famous Cosmos fans who are barely attracting 4k fans these days.

MLS has a lot of snobs and "purists" in general as well. They can't seem to fathom that a large number of people in the NY area just couldn't find any emotional connection to a team named after an energy drink and plays in NJ. So to them were all just band wagoners that only watched the EPL up until now.

Just embrace the hate. Personally I'm loving it so far. Especially from the world famous Cosmos fans who are barely attracting 4k fans these days.

MLS has a lot of snobs and "purists" in general as well. They can't seem to fathom that a large number of people in the NY area just couldn't find any emotional connection to a team named after an energy drink and plays in NJ. So to them were all just band wagoners that only watched the EPL up until now.
This basically sums up r/mls

@TheThirdFail on twitter. Bunch of twats looks more so RBNY supporters, some GSU/ESC/Viking army geeks and some asshole who wears a jesus costume to their games. A few Cardboard Cosmo degenerates. Why do they want to be us so much???

Reactions: CP_Scouse
@TheThirdFail on twitter. Bunch of twats looks more so RBNY supporters, some GSU/ESC/Viking army geeks and some asshole who wears a jesus costume to their games. A few Cardboard Cosmo degenerates. Why do they want to be us so much???

Is it not obvious? They're jealous that we took "their" MLS spot. Jealousy does strange things to people.

Reactions: Gene
Is it not obvious? They're jealous that we took "their" MLS spot. Jealousy does strange things to people.
Spot on. The Nassau County delusionals were so sure the most iconic brand in US soccer history was going to bulldoze their way into MLS and get all sorts of special rules for them just because they're the Cosmos. Nothing could have been further from the truth.

It kills them just how irrelevant that organization is. Jeez, if it weren't for some of their fanboys posting their bull shit on NYCFC forums you'd never know the Cosmos even existed........they sure as hell get zero coverage in the New York newspapers.

I love the way NYCFC is so under their skin it eats away at them.

I broke my own rule and fed one of the trolls. Despite wanting to feed him poison, I should know better.

Reactions: Gene
I broke my own rule and fed one of the trolls. Despite wanting to feed him poison, I should know better.
I hear you. Most of the times I just shake my head and move on, because as the man once said: "you can't fix stupid."

On the other side of the coin there are just sometimes you simply can't pass up the easy slam dunk and poke them in the eye.

RBNY fans are just dicks....but the Cosmos fans are by far the worst. Bitching a moaning at every fucking turn. At least the south ward is kind of enjoying the rivalry. I mean really Harrison is closer to NYC than Hofstra

Reactions: CP_Scouse
I was just told that I betrayed my city and country on Facebook by a friend because I don't give a shit that frank lampard got drunk at 20 and talked shit about 9/11.
Damn yo. This shit is real.
Supporting City just put me in cahoots with john walker lindh.

You American based fans are hardly "plastics" considering there was just the New "Jersey" Red Bulls in the area. As others have said they're just scared as they know if this goes well this could be something MASSIVE.

Reactions: whill4
Will be following NYCFC when they start next season, i'm a MCFC fan from Manchester and i'am really looking forward to seeing how they get on. So that's 1 more new supporter to your ranks.

Reactions: whill4 and DiRoma
Welcome to the forums guys. Thanks for the support. Let's keep the NYCFC wave rolling

Reactions: einwindir