The People Vs Manchester City

Every single thing you just said is why every non-MCFC fan is really skeptical. Imitating Manchester City is one thing. Playing like them is great. Having sky blue like them is fine... The more revenue for MAN CITY and improving brand of MAN CITY is not okay though. If those are by-products then whatever... but there will be a lot of egg on the face if this is a little brother situation where everything is about making MCFC better.

It's already obvious that MCFC is more important to you than NYCFC.

Then I would prepare yourself to be somewhat disappointed. One does not spend a quarter of a billion dollars and then walk away. Admittedly, there will be a lot of 'selling of image rights and intellectual properties', which will not really effect the average NYCFC fan, and it will be this way how MCFC will add much needed revenue down the line.

I suspect that in and around NY, the club will be seen as a club from NY, but globally it will be seen as a club owned by MCFC.

It is what it is. In my opinion, supporters who have an affinity for MCFC will embrace it and those who don't will just have to look the other way. Either way, in order for this club to be successful both camps have to come together and just support the club on common ground and be done with it. Time will tell how much they decide to push the MCFC image and aspect. They know the risk of going too far in one direction.

Can't be bothered to reformulate my thoughts on this topic that got lost in the server switch. Just know, I don't care for "NYCFC fans" who only care about the team because of the MCFC connection. Those "NYCFC Fans" have shown an affinity for calling our team MCFC's whore or little kid, etc etc etc. I have nothing but disdain for those people.

Yeah some stuff got lost in the server switch from me. I'm an unabashed MCFC supporter but NYCFC are as equally important (if not more so once we start playing). I'll always love MCFC but having our own thing here will be an experience that I'll never get with MCFC unless I live in Manchester.

My love and support of MCFC will never wane but being able to go to matches and live in the city of my club will enhance my experience and relationship with football.

PS, I'm a huge Mets fan. I go to 30 games plus a year as well as travelling to other stadiums to watch the team. Just because the Yankees are involved with NYCFC should I abstain from the club? I realize they're different sports but the ownership is still there.

Reactions: Coop and BxLio91
I understand that people who are fans of other Premier League clubs will want to distance themselves from links to Manchester City, that's fine. NYCFC represent New York, not Manchester; but do not disparage Manchester City.

Besides being formed by Manchester City, NYCFC have enjoyed, and will continue to enjoy, sharing our coaching expertise, scouting network and taking our young talents on loan.

MCFC's Chief Executive played a big role in signing David Villa. Without his involvement it's unlikely he would've signed for NYCFC:

http://www.theguardian.com/football...ceo-key-david-villa-new-york-city-fc-transfer

So while we can accept people wishing to distance themselves from us for the purpose of creating your own identity, do not disrespect our club. You are benefitting hugely from this affiliation with MCFC, us; less so.

Put your Premier League club loyalties aside and accept this fact with good grace. The amount of disrespect and disparaging terms in which many on here talk about MCFC is a disgrace, and highly hypocritical given the how intrinsically linked NYCFC is to MCFC and how much you'll benefit from our affiliation.

If you're that affronted by links to MCFC, then you shouldn't have anything to do with NYCFC. Have some principles and support another MLS club, or does a desire for gloryhunting due to the likes of David Villa playing at NYCFC enable you to overlook this fact?

/End rant

Honestly man just stick to BM forums if you can't just engage in discussion about this club.
This isn't Manchester, you can't expect EVERYONE here to agree with you. Most of us do but if you'd go to Melbourne forums you'll find the same things. Stop shoving it down people's throats and calling their opinions disgraceful you're not helping your case at all.
While I agree I also respect the fact these forums represent NYCFC, Not MCFC. While I am a MCFC supporter I leave that at the front door when I login here and support the club these forums stand for. The same way you support MCFC on BM and would tell everyone else to fuck off when they speak against you.
There's plenty of MCFC talk here, in the sections where it belongs "Football discussion" and in the NYCFC sections when fitting and when it pertains to both clubs and the discussions are civil.
You won't change anyone's opinions.

Also I lurked a bit on BM and it's the same shit there. Shouldn't the 'respect' go both ways? Or are we the only ones that need to cut their testicles off and hand them over? "Why should we care about them?" "They're just a developmental MCFC squad" "they're our farm system" and other things along those lines. You won't find anyone here giving two shits because they're the opinions of those not in any way shape or form connected with NYCFC. What someone thousands of miles away thinks of you or us shouldn't matter to you and if it does you have very thin skin.

Last edited:
I understand that people who are fans of other Premier League clubs will want to distance themselves from links to Manchester City, that's fine. NYCFC represent New York, not Manchester; but do not disparage Manchester City.

Besides being formed by Manchester City, NYCFC have enjoyed, and will continue to enjoy, sharing our coaching expertise, scouting network and taking our young talents on loan.

MCFC's Chief Executive played a big role in signing David Villa. Without his involvement it's unlikely he would've signed for NYCFC:

http://www.theguardian.com/football...ceo-key-david-villa-new-york-city-fc-transfer

So while we can accept people wishing to distance themselves from us for the purpose of creating your own identity, do not disrespect our club. You are benefitting hugely from this affiliation with MCFC, us; less so.

Put your Premier League club loyalties aside and accept this fact with good grace. The amount of disrespect and disparaging terms in which many on here talk about MCFC is a disgrace, and highly hypocritical given the how intrinsically linked NYCFC is to MCFC and how much you'll benefit from our affiliation.

If you're that affronted by links to MCFC, then you shouldn't have anything to do with NYCFC. Have some principles and support another MLS club, or does a desire for gloryhunting due to the likes of David Villa playing at NYCFC enable you to overlook this fact?

/End rant
Checks section Warzone takes a deep breath.

When you wake up tomorrow you'll be in Manchester or wherever you're from and you'll bask in all the glory of being a proper englishman. Nothing will change the fact that you are 1000+ miles away.

Tomorrow, I'll wake up in NYC. Nothing will change the fact that I'm nothing more than a lowly yank. Except for one thing, the team whose name appears in the web address of this very forum will be MY local team.

Stop shoving your cock in our faces every time the name NYCFC comes up.
Yea we get it, we are owned by the same company.
Yes, your team is better than ours.
Yes we know CFG has limitless money.
So fucking what. Why don't you head over to some of our other sections and be a part of the community. Instead you're all sitting in the corner with your friends talking shit about how the kid throwing the party is an inappreciative *****. How about you join the goddamn party instead of wallowing in your own misery.

Boy, love when folks come over to "talk NYCFC" only to bump month old threads. Really warms the heart.

Aren't you bumping the thread yourself? lol...

All this for me will wash away anyway when some young Mancunian kid (born and raised) goes out on loan to NY and bangs in loads of goals for you guys.
Or in a few years when Negredo comes to retire, he'll be packed off to the MLS and becomes your beast ;)

Support who you wanna support, at least respect the fact that we are a club that's been going for a long time, with a lot of history and achievements... way before Sheikh Mansour even knew what oil was, As have many other football clubs within stone throw distance from the Etihad Stadium.

Aren't you bumping the thread yourself? lol...

All this for me will wash away anyway when some young Mancunian kid (born and raised) goes out on loan to NY and bangs in loads of goals for you guys.
Or in a few years when Negredo comes to retire, he'll be packed off to the MLS and becomes your beast ;)

Support who you wanna support, at least respect the fact that we are a club that's been going for a long time, with a lot of history and achievements... way before Sheikh Mansour even knew what oil was, As have many other football clubs within stone throw distance from the Etihad Stadium.
We do respect it. We just don't fucking want it shoved in our faces every fucking time someone from BM comes here. If someone from the UAE was on BM every fucking day telling you you wouldn't be shit with Mansour, you guys would tell him to fuck off whether or not you agree with him.

Reactions: einwindir
We do respect it. We just don't fucking want it shoved in our faces every fucking time someone from BM comes here. If someone from the UAE was on BM every fucking day telling you you wouldn't be shit with Mansour, you guys would tell him to fuck off whether or not you agree with him.
Completely false

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=159360&hilit=manchester thanks

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=193183&hilit=without+mansour

Guess I was wrong about MCFC fans then. New Yorkers tend to have more pride

Not even going to quote your other post as you swear more than Ol' Dirty Bastard (rip)

Don't even try this NYers have more pride bollocks as this just isn't the case.
I've lived over in NY, born and raised in Manchester (UK) and the only difference is the sheer size of the City.
it's rare I even hear the English accent walking around Manchester Centre.

Both huge cities with people from all over the world in a big melting pot.

So, you have more pride? don't give me that.
You, yourself seem to have an attitude.
This isn't going to help NYCFC attract new supporters from your diverse city.

As much as I had an initial interest in NYCFC and a willingness to watch their games etc, several people who proclaim to support NYCFC have put me off and I now feel uncomfortable with it all.

New York State of mind, eh?

Reactions: Bobbymanc
As someone who claims to live here you should know better. I'm actually one of the people who City's involvement doesn't bother at all. I'm arguing the other side so that you guys can understand where the ones who have an issue with MCFC fans telling them they should take it in the face are coming from. Instead you guys have blinders on and claim we have it out for you guys. Again this club won't be successful based only on MCFC fans in New York because you guys are not the majority in the city. People are turned off by the fact that the City family has multiple branches and our rivals are milking the shit out of "the farm team" argument telling people why root for ManCity USA they're just a ffp sidestep. You have no identity. You guys are playing right into it. Being obnoxious about our relationship with Manchester makes us go from "I'm glad Mansour took a chance on us and allow us to benefit from the Manchester resources as well as the Manchester guys supporting us from accross the pond" to "why are they being pricks?"
To wrap it up, all I'm saying is let's find a middle ground so that everyone is happy. We should all want this to work because it benefits us whether you're NYCFC or MCFC.. Even tho I said it before, I won't argue anymore. I've tried to explain the other side of things. You want to ignore my points and continue arguing like you have with other users before, that's on you

Honestly man just stick to BM forums if you can't just engage in discussion about this club.
This isn't Manchester, you can't expect EVERYONE here to agree with you. Most of us do but if you'd go to Melbourne forums you'll find the same things. Stop shoving it down people's throats and calling their opinions disgraceful you're not helping your case at all.
While I agree I also respect the fact these forums represent NYCFC, Not MCFC. While I am a MCFC supporter I leave that at the front door when I login here and support the club these forums stand for. The same way you support MCFC on BM and would tell everyone else to fuck off when they speak against you.
There's plenty of MCFC talk here, in the sections where it belongs "Football discussion" and in the NYCFC sections when fitting and when it pertains to both clubs and the discussions are civil.
You won't change anyone's opinions.

Also I lurked a bit on BM and it's the same shit there. Shouldn't the 'respect' go both ways? Or are we the only ones that need to cut their testicles off and hand them over? "Why should we care about them?" "They're just a developmental MCFC squad" "they're our farm system" and other things along those lines. You won't find anyone here giving two shits because they're the opinions of those not in any way shape or form connected with NYCFC. What someone thousands of miles away thinks of you or us shouldn't matter to you and if it does you have very thin skin.

Your a MCFC supporter and you"leave that at the door when you log in here"?
"There is plenty of MCFC talk in where it belongs "football discussion"?
How on earth do you expect MCFC "NOT" to be discussed in this thread when it is titled "The People Vs Manchester City"?

Reactions: AndreT_NY
Is this still going on?
To be fair to most around here, it wasn't. Those of us who've been around awhile have already done this song and dance and reached our understanding.

With the influx of new posters PV (Post-Villa), it reared its head again. Dan et al seem to have gotten a firm grasp on it though, and it's pretty much isolated to its appropriate place now (Warzone).

Not much reason to come in here other than to get one's dander up. Don't get me wrong, that can be fun. But it's such an improvement to have the arguments go on here rather than every other page of every other thread.

To be fair to most around here, it wasn't. Those of us who've been around awhile have already done this song and dance and reached our understanding.

With the influx of new posters PV (Post-Villa), it reared its head again. Dan et al seem to have gotten a firm grasp on it though, and it's pretty much isolated to its appropriate place now (Warzone).

Not much reason to come in here other than to get one's dander up. Don't get me wrong, that can be fun. But it's such an improvement to have the arguments go on here rather than every other page of every other thread.

True, and this is why I like the Warzone section (something we do not have), and so long as it doesn't get nasty, and remains a place for contentious issues only, then long may it reign.

FTR I do think some American NYCFC fans are concentrating on this debate waaaay too much. You finally have a football club you can call your own, who gives a shit if Man City will always be Big Brother?

Your a MCFC supporter and you"leave that at the door when you log in here"?
"There is plenty of MCFC talk in where it belongs "football discussion"?
How on earth do you expect MCFC "NOT" to be discussed in this thread when it is titled "The People Vs Manchester City"?
I wasn't responding regarding this thread I was responding regarding the claim that MCFC supporters are persecuted here. They're not as long as their posts are in the correct sections. Same with all supporters with different team affiliations.
If I post in a NYCFC Supporters Den section saying NYCFC fans should respect MCFC because if this or that I would hope the members here would rip me apart as well. If you look at threads regarding MCFC started in the correct sections there is no hate or arguing. Respect goes both ways.