The People Vs Manchester City

To be fair to most around here, it wasn't. Those of us who've been around awhile have already done this song and dance and reached our understanding.

With the influx of new posters PV (Post-Villa), it reared its head again. Dan et al seem to have gotten a firm grasp on it though, and it's pretty much isolated to its appropriate place now (Warzone).

Not much reason to come in here other than to get one's dander up. Don't get me wrong, that can be fun. But it's such an improvement to have the arguments go on here rather than every other page of every other thread.

What are you trying to imply here?

Post Villa?

Are you suggesting that City fans posting on here are here for some perceived glory?

Would be ironic given you're the fan of a club which hasn't kicked a ball yet but has just signed one of the most high profile players in Europe - thanks to the help of MCFC's CEO Ferran Soriano.

FWIW, I didn't even know of this website's existence until I saw a link to it recently on bluemoon.

And I only saw fit to comment after I saw how ungracious and downright disrespectful some users here were of MCFC.

Last edited:
Reactions: AndreT_NY
Nobody aims anything at Manchester City until the MCFC fans pipe up with their obnoxiousness. Will you guys in Manchester root for NYCFC? Of course. You don't actually care about the club though. Therefore, you don't care that we're on the front lines dealing with the other fans in MLS.

So yes, we hope that Manchester City is distant to us because it's best for the health of the club. If they don't allowed NYCFC to have some sort of its own identity, everyone will abandon ship except for the MCFC fans. Manchester City lite will fail. It's not a question. NYCFC has a chance to dominate MLS for decades.

I do. Otherwise I wouldn't have joined two months ago.

And I only saw fit to comment after I saw how ungracious and downright disrespectful some users here were of MCFC.
If you look objectively, you can see the responses in the first page and a half were mostly positive and until things "went south". No one said "fuck MCFC, I hope they fail."
I feel like the "arguing" made people defensive and exaggerate things. The NYC guys just stated that the club shouldn't be a clone of MCFC while recognizing that some similarities are and would be inevitable. It's until some people started attacking others for not wanting to be a carbon copy that guys in here got defensive.
I think we all want this club to be successful and for that to happen it can't be a cheap copy of MCFC. We're all under the same umbrella but we can't be identical.

Last edited:
I'll reiterate, and I believe I speak for MCFC's core support when I say this:

I don't have a bad word to say about NYC, or NYCFC.

I want you guys to have your own identity, to develop your own culture.

I'm relatively indifferent to NYCFC, my priorirty is MCFC. I'd imagine you feel the same, albeit the other way around.

That said, I cannot accept any disrespect or disparagement from NYCFC fans towards MCFC. It is not undermining NYCFC's identity to recognise the assistance MCFC are giving to make NYCFC a success. This ranges from sharing coaches, being taught how to operate a successful club by MCFC's senior staff, taking some of MCFC's young academy talents on loan, and people like MCFC's CEO Ferran Sorriano working on selling NYCFC's project to prospective signings like David Villa - and others.

David Villa had his medical in Manchester. He signed his contract at the Etihad stadium, his interview for NYCFC was conducted at the Etihad.

Without MCFC's assistance he would not be a NYCFC player. That is mere fact.

So while MCFC fans will understand NYCFC fans wanting to play this down somewhat, for the purpose of keeping their own identity and avoiding attacks from rival fans. It is unfair, and disrespectful to completely disregard this.

Many MCFC fans have been offended by reading such sentiment. Hence why many have visited these forums and expressed this, in an often condescending manner. This too has offended many users here, and we've been squabbling about it ever since, which is unfortunate.

Many MCFC fans are luke warm on this relationship. But the idea of a 'City family' appeals to many of us, the romantic in me is charmed by the idea of fans thousands of miles apart, from different cultures and lifestyles, sharing some kind of commonality and culture. I think it's an amazing concept.

I would hate to see that ruined by horrible sentiment from either group of fans.

I know there will be growing pains, as NYCFC are a new club, and the relationship is new. But it'd be a shame to see it tarnished before it even had the chance to flourish.

But I digress. I don't want to add to any more potential divisions, so I'll wish you guys well in the MLS and hope you're a success.

Cheers guys.

I'll reiterate, and I believe I speak for MCFC's core support when I say this:

I don't have a bad word to say about NYC, or NYCFC.

I want you guys to have your own identity, to develop your own culture.

I'm relatively indifferent to NYCFC, my priorirty is MCFC. I'd imagine you feel the same, albeit the other way around.

That said, I cannot accept any disrespect or disparagement from NYCFC fans towards MCFC. It is not undermining NYCFC's identity to recognise the assistance MCFC are giving to make NYCFC a success. This ranges from sharing coaches, being taught how to operate a successful club by MCFC's senior staff, taking some of MCFC's young academy talents on loan, and people like MCFC's CEO Ferran Sorriano working on selling NYCFC's project to prospective signings like David Villa - and others.

David Villa had his medical in Manchester. He signed his contract at the Etihad stadium, his interview for NYCFC was conducted at the Etihad.

Without MCFC's assistance he would not be a NYCFC player. That is mere fact.

So while MCFC fans will understand NYCFC fans wanting to play this down somewhat, for the purpose of keeping their own identity and avoiding attacks from rival fans. It is unfair, and disrespectful to completely disregard this.

Many MCFC fans have been offended by reading such sentiment. Hence why many have visited these forums and expressed this, in an often condescending manner. This too has offended many users here, and we've been squabbling about it ever since, which is unfortunate.

Many MCFC fans are luke warm on this relationship. But the idea of a 'City family' appeals to many of us, the romantic in me is charmed by the idea of fans thousands of miles apart, from different cultures and lifestyles, sharing some kind of commonality and culture. I think it's an amazing concept.

I would hate to see that ruined by horrible sentiment from either group of fans.

I know there will be growing pains, as NYCFC are a new club, and the relationship is new. But it'd be a shame to see it tarnished before it even had the chance to flourish.

But I digress. I don't want to add to any more potential divisions, so I'll wish you guys well in the MLS and hope you're a success.

Cheers guys.
Thank you. Favorite post by far in here. Finally someone gets where I'm coming from and explains his side without needing to be a jerk about it. Thank you

I get that you think there there is a division and a level of disrespect but if you took the time to go through this entire forum it's literally an argument between 5-10 people out of 400+...

You're taking this way too personal and are using the words of a few individuals to generalize all of our supporters which is just as disrespectful as what those individuals might say against MCFC.
This is the same treatment we've been receiving from media and other clubs. Taking a statement made by a supporter and using it to generalize us into something we are not.
Yeah, a couple people here might not like MCFC due to rivalry. Put yourself in their shoes and you wouldn't either!
So move on and join our constructive discussion throughout the forum about the club that we represent here, NYCFC, and you'll find that this forum is very open and welcoming to EVERYONE.

Post Villa?

Are you suggesting that City fans posting on here are here for some perceived glory?

No, he's suggesting that a lot of MCFC fans simply didn't care about the New York club up until it signed its first player, or at the very least that you might have been interested, but it took Villa's signing for the club to persuade you to join this forum. Even if that's not actually the case for you, you have to concede that the fact that 75% of the MCFC fans on this forum signed up on the day Villa was unveiled, or immediately after, is rather too much of a coincidence - there had to have been something about Villa signing which persuaded people to come here.

Post Villa?

Would be ironic given you're the fan of a club which hasn't kicked a ball yet but has just signed one of the most high profile players in Europe - thanks to the help of MCFC's CEO Ferran Soriano.

FWIW, I didn't even know of this website's existence until I saw a link to it recently on bluemoon.

cough...d bag...cough cough

Reactions: Section1Guy
BlueWolf BlueWolf has been here long enough that I think he knows the good eggs and bad eggs, so this doesn't necessarily apply to him, but read if you like!

B Bobbymanc and any of our BlueMoon brothers:

To clarify, this thread was started with the intention of allowing us to discuss our thoughts on the ManC/NYCFC relationship and how we want to avoid being Chivas 2.0 . For those unaware of MLS "history" Chivas 2.0 refers to an American MLS team "Chivas USA" which was a clone of the Chivas of Guadalajara. It was a colossal failure and remains a joke of the league.

The thread was meant to set the pace to keep ourselves from being a manc clone. NOT TO BASH ManC.

Reactions: BxLio91
While I get why the MCFC fans that feel disrespected, and I am also for huggy snuggy CFC family love, BUT:
  • NYCFC needs to be popular in New York, USA, not in Manchester, England.
  • Many soccer fans in the US already watch EPL, and many root for a favourite team, which could be ManU, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool...
  • Yeah, there are some Man City fans as well in the US, but it's a rather small fraction.
  • Hence, NYCFC must also appeal to fans of Man City's rivals.
  • Don't expect that all NYCFC fans have to be Man City fans as well.
  • In turn we'd also not mad at you blokes if you'd root for some other MLS team, say Philly or whatever. We could not care less.

While I get why the MCFC fans that feel disrespected, and I am also for huggy snuggy CFC family love, BUT:
  • Many soccer fans in the US already watch EPL, and many root for a favourite team, which could be ManU, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool...
  • Yeah, there are some Man City fans as well in the US, but it's a rather small fraction.
  • In turn we'd also not mad at you blokes if you'd root for some other MLS team, say Philly or whatever. We could not care less.
In short: this is an NYCFC Supporters Forum! Let's treat it as such.

Shit you explained in a few bulletpoints what I tried to explain in an essay. I hate rambling when I smoke

Post Villa?

Actually, I meant the move increased traffic. But thanks for coming by. No doubt, you have earned much respect and graciousness from all.

I can't wait until this nonsense is over and done with. Some of you should really find better use of your time than arguing with supposed fellow supporters about getting your feelings hurt. Stop feeding the trolls and they'll go away (hopefully).

No, he's suggesting that a lot of MCFC fans simply didn't care about the New York club up until it signed its first player, or at the very least that you might have been interested, but it took Villa's signing for the club to persuade you to join this forum. Even if that's not actually the case for you, you have to concede that the fact that 75% of the MCFC fans on this forum signed up on the day Villa was unveiled, or immediately after, is rather too much of a coincidence - there had to have been something about Villa signing which persuaded people to come here.
All due respect,but your post is absolute bollocks!!!......many a man city fan was/are/have been interested from day one.....probably many blues like myself did not even know you had a forum.

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
All due respect,but your post is absolute bollocks!!!......many a man city fan was/are/have been interested from day one.....probably many blues like myself did not even know you had a forum.

Alright, I may have misrepresented it making it sound like MCFC fans had no interest in NYCFC before Villa, and yes you didn't know about the forum before, but my point still stands that a lot - yourself included - only went looking for this forum after Villa's signing, indicating that something about that happenstance persuaded you to come here. Maybe it wasn't Villa himself, but you still joined the forum very shortly after the club's first signing.

Alright, I may have misrepresented it making it sound like MCFC fans had no interest in NYCFC before Villa, and yes you didn't know about the forum before, but my point still stands that a lot - yourself included - only went looking for this forum after Villa's signing, indicating that something about that happenstance persuaded you to come here. Maybe it wasn't Villa himself, but you still joined the forum very shortly after the club's first signing.

Sorry for the delay in my response,I was busy registering for a Real Madrid forum,because they have the worlds most expensive player......You could of signed Titus fuckin bramble and you would of still had plenty of blues log on to your forum.
To suggest 75% of us are on here because you signed david villa is ridiculous.
I'm pretty certain NOT ONE city fan joined your forum because "you signed david villa".

Sorry for the delay in my response,I was busy registering for a Real Madrid forum,because they have the worlds most expensive player......You could of signed Titus fuckin bramble and you would of still had plenty of blues log on to your forum.
To suggest 75% of us are on here because you signed david villa is ridiculous.
I'm pretty certain NOT ONE city fan joined your forum because "you signed david villa".

With the exception of 4-5 guys... you all showed up on Monday. Period.

With the exception of 4-5 guys... you all showed up on Monday. Period.

That maybe the case mate,I ain't going to argue that.....my point is,I'm very certain it wasn't because you signed villa...me personally?..I was trying to get a NYCFC baseball cap and came across the forum,therefore joined up...like many other city fans,you won't get a million posts from me,but,the interest is there.I WILL get over the pond and I WILL attend one of your games,purely out of interest.