The People Vs Manchester City

I wasn't responding regarding this thread I was responding regarding the claim that MCFC supporters are persecuted here. They're not as long as their posts are in the correct sections. Same with all supporters with different team affiliations.
If I post in a NYCFC Supporters Den section saying NYCFC fans should respect MCFC because if this or that I would hope the members here would rip me apart as well. If you look at threads regarding MCFC started in the correct sections there is no hate or arguing. Respect goes both ways.

That's fine dan,my point is if there is a sarcastic post aimed at MCFC and a MCFC fan disagrees,they will respond to it..for example the post earlier in the thread "the closer NYCFC get to MCFC,the further away I will be",what is that all about?.I fully understand NYCFC fans want to be independent but can't see it happening as you are part of a group.If the owners make a decision to,let's say,make us all wear a yellow football kit,then that's what happens,that's the way the cookie crumbles......If YOU own YOU do as you choose......Manchester city will not decide what happens to any of the clubs in the group,the owners and the people that work for them will.......We were just lucky enough to be the first project,and as you will find out,things will just get better for the WHOLE group,not just MCFC.

That's one individuals decision and I don't agree or disagree with it. I have my own opinions and don't let those of others affect my view of the club or it's fan base in general.
Of course you can retort and no one will stop you or prevent you from it.
I just find it to be a waste of time arguing with people who won't change their mind. Those who aren't fans of MCFC will have this viewpoint and I find it best to accept it and focus on the overall picture. None of this will be an issue come game day.

May we also point out that CFG is the holding company and ManC Is only the flagship product?

Truth hurts.

To put it into context:
Pepsico does not use Mountain Dew to sell Pepsi.

While ManC will remain the largest of the CFG Products, they are certainly not going to be the REASON the other products exist.

So we don't need to respect ManC because of it's history. ManC as it is today started when CFG began, 2008.

Nobody aims anything at Manchester City until the MCFC fans pipe up with their obnoxiousness. Will you guys in Manchester root for NYCFC? Of course. You don't actually care about the club though. Therefore, you don't care that we're on the front lines dealing with the other fans in MLS.

So yes, we hope that Manchester City is distant to us because it's best for the health of the club. If they don't allowed NYCFC to have some sort of its own identity, everyone will abandon ship except for the MCFC fans. Manchester City lite will fail. It's not a question. NYCFC has a chance to dominate MLS for decades.

As someone who claims to live here you should know better. I'm actually one of the people who City's involvement doesn't bother at all. I'm arguing the other side so that you guys can understand where the ones who have an issue with MCFC fans telling them they should take it in the face are coming from. Instead you guys have blinders on and claim we have it out for you guys. Again this club won't be successful based only on MCFC fans in New York because you guys are not the majority in the city. People are turned off by the fact that the City family has multiple branches and our rivals are milking the shit out of "the farm team" argument telling people why root for ManCity USA they're just a ffp sidestep. You have no identity. You guys are playing right into it. Being obnoxious about our relationship with Manchester makes us go from "I'm glad Mansour took a chance on us and allow us to benefit from the Manchester resources as well as the Manchester guys supporting us from accross the pond" to "why are they being pricks?"
To wrap it up, all I'm saying is let's find a middle ground so that everyone is happy. We should all want this to work because it benefits us whether you're NYCFC or MCFC.. Even tho I said it before, I won't argue anymore. I've tried to explain the other side of things. You want to ignore my points and continue arguing like you have with other users before, that's on you
As someone who has lived in both NYC and Manchester and has seen 1st hand support across different sports, I can tell you the manufactured MLS style 'passion' a myth. You ca
May we also point out that CFG is the holding company and ManC Is only the flagship product?

Truth hurts.

To put it into context:
Pepsico does not use Mountain Dew to sell Pepsi.

While ManC will remain the largest of the CFG Products, they are certainly not going to be the REASON the other products exist.

So we don't need to respect ManC because of it's history. ManC as it is today started when CFG began, 2008.
Wow, your ignorance is appalling. MCFC is a club over 120 years old with a rich history. Are utd only utd as we know them since 2005? Liverpool only since the fenway takeover? arsenal only existed since their most recent takeover?
As for your soda discussion, Pepsico makes money off every can of mountain dew sold.
Unreal the ignorance on here

Reactions: Bobbymanc
As someone who has lived in both NYC and Manchester and has seen 1st hand support across different sports, I can tell you the manufactured MLS style 'passion' a myth. You ca

Wow, your ignorance is appalling. MCFC is a club over 120 years old with a rich history. Are utd only utd as we know them since 2005? Liverpool only since the fenway takeover? arsenal only existed since their most recent takeover?
As for your soda discussion, Pepsico makes money off every can of mountain dew sold.

Obviously there is no rivaling your fandom. Would you like a cookie?

Seriously, what does this accomplish?

Not sure you know what 'ignorance' means.

>Pepsico makes money off every can of mountain dew sold

Yeah, that's my point. Manchester City is just another product being sold as far as CFG Holding is concerned. They don't sell Mountain Dew (NYCFC) to get you to buy Pepsi (ManC). They sell Mountain Dew (NYCFC) to make Pepsico (CFG) more money.

NYCFC fans do need their own identity, they need to develop their own
songs that stem from experiences in the area & experiences watching NYCFC
away in the MLS.

Many many MCFC songs come from random occurrences, for example
"just like the fans of the invisible man, we're not really here", this chant was born because our
fans were banned from going away to Millwall FC in the late 1990's due to previous
violence at matches.

A few MCFC fans snuck into Millwall's home stand & began singing this as a joke,
15 years later it's still one of the most popular songs.

So yes NYCFC will have City involvement in how the club's run, yes they will
have sky blue as a colour, yes they'll be other similarities, BUT we need to let the
people of New York develop their own identity as a fan base & they need a voice in
to what direction the club goes.

MCFC fans get a lot of surveys from the club asking our opinion, so don't worry,
they will listen to you as well.

Reactions: Section1Guy
Not sure you know what 'ignorance' means.

>Pepsico makes money off every can of mountain dew sold

Yeah, that's my point. Manchester City is just another product being sold as far as CFG Holding is concerned. They don't sell Mountain Dew (NYCFC) to get you to buy Pepsi (ManC). They sell Mountain Dew (NYCFC) to make Pepsico (CFG) more money.
I'm fully aware of th definition of ignorance, thank you

Not about forum guidelines man. It's about reputation and that all this thread is doing is brewing hate and disagreement amongst fellow supporters

If it helps, we do have a strict guideline that this debate is only to take place in the Warzone forum. We're trying to stop it from derailing threads anywhere else, but there does need to be a place it can be argued out, otherwise it will simply simmer under the surface until it boils over somewhere.

Reactions: einwindir
If it helps, we do have a strict guideline that this debate is only to take place in the Warzone forum. We're trying to stop it from derailing threads anywhere else, but there does need to be a place it can be argued out, otherwise it will simply simmer under the surface until it boils over somewhere.
Valid answer. Any way to stop myself getting notifications from this?

Nobody aims anything at Manchester City until the MCFC fans pipe up with their obnoxiousness. Will you guys in Manchester root for NYCFC? Of course. You don't actually care about the club though. Therefore, you don't care that we're on the front lines dealing with the other fans in MLS.

So yes, we hope that Manchester City is distant to us because it's best for the health of the club. If they don't allowed NYCFC to have some sort of its own identity, everyone will abandon ship except for the MCFC fans. Manchester City lite will fail. It's not a question. NYCFC has a chance to dominate MLS for decades.
The very name of this thread shows us that there are portions of this group that aim hatred at MCFC fans. Looking at you John you plastic fan.

This thread was started by a MCFC supporter a long time ago. We literally went a month straight without any of these discussions and since the Villa signing and an influx of new users it's kicked up again.
This is a fairly inactive section of the forum compared to others because not too many people want the headache of discussing what has already been discussed and resolved.