Things Red Bulls Can Do To Have A Better Fan Base

CP_Scouse

Registered
Mar 27, 2014
Queens
i went to the RB vs Houston game in october and to be honest, it was kinda meh
Obviously its a buisnness and they have to make money. From the game i saw, and the crowd that was there it doeesnt look like the RB brand was making money. What they should do is:
  • Build a new stadium in flushing meadows park by flushing queens. Granted RBA is a nice venue, the crowds arent cutting it. Think about the crowds they could get if they build a SSS in flushing. You would have Asian and Latino workers coming out of their jobs after work, and going to games. More people= More money
  • Make the supporter section a true supporters section: take out the seats, make it GA, and have no limit to the amount of people that could fit there. The onlything stopping the supporters at RBA are the seats. They get in the way. Id rather stand in a crowd the whole game seatless then stand in front of a seat motionless.
  • Change the shirt sponsor. Its ok if the RB wanna keep the name of the team. However, change up the shirt sponsor.
  • Make the supporter section seats cheap af. Have the admittance into the support section be 10$. Its cheap and it will get more people coming to games

i want to see a rivalry, not an empty house in jersey

Last edited:
And there is no way, 0% chance, that they are going to build a new stadium when they have one of the nicest ones in the league and it's practically brand new. There's other ways to attract crowds than the location of the stadium.

but the location is 85% of it. if they had a stadium in queens, they would get MORE people
I agree- but that is something they should have thought about before the new stadium. Now there isn't much they can do about it.
In fact, if they did what you said a few years ago, and before the stadium was built Id guess that they would have a lot of NYCFC's fans- most likely myself included.

Last edited by a moderator:
i went to the RB vs Houston game in october and to be honest, it was kinda meh
Obviously its a buisnness and they have to make money. From the game i saw, and the crowd that was there it doeesnt look like the RB brand was making money. What they should do is:
  • Build a new stadium in flushing meadows park by flushing queens. Granted RBA is a nice venue, the crowds arent cutting it. Think about the crowds they could get if they build a SSS in flushing. You would have Asian and Latino workers coming out of their jobs after work, and going to games. More people= More money
  • Make the supporter section a true supporters section: take out the seats, make it GA, and have no limit to the amount of people that could fit there. The onlything stopping the supporters at RBA are the seats. They get in the way. Id rather stand in a crowd the whole game seatless then stand in front of a seat motionless.
  • Change the shirt sponsor. Its ok if the RB wanna keep the name of the team. However, change up the shirt sponsor.
  • Make the supporter section seats cheap af. Have the admittance into the support section be 10$. Its cheap and it will get more people coming to games

i want to see a rivalry, not an empty house in jersey

You really have a Red Bull complex. Why do you worry about them so much? As long as NYCFC beats them, I could careless about that team.

Reactions: Kjbert

Whoa, ten dollars? I can't even get into my local team's games for that price, and they're six levels below the PL playing to crowds of 300. I don't think they're interested in haemorrhaging money...

Whoa, remember the Hillsborough disaster?

In fairness, there's a substantial campaign in the UK to reinstate Safe Standing, on the basis that the reason Hillsborough happened is because adequate safety measures were not in place and the police overseeing the crowds made a series of mistakes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safe_standing

Build a new stadium in flushing meadows park by flushing queens. Granted RBA is a nice venue, the crowds arent cutting it. Think about the crowds they could get if they build a SSS in flushing. You would have Asian and Latino workers coming out of their jobs after work, and going to games. More people= More money

If you look at a list of the top 21 cities in the US by % hispanic population, 19 of those cities are in Florida, California or Texas. The other 2 are in North Jersey (Elizabeth & Patterson). Jersey City & Newark are high up on the list as well.

The problem in North Jersey (and the greater NY area -- the second highest metro area in terms of # hispanic people in the country behind LA) is not that the population of Hispanic people is not big enough -- it's that the hispanic population of NY is largely Puerto Rican -- not a hotbed of football -- and the Mexican population has been largely uninterested in MLS.

Same reason why Miami has not been successful -- like PR, Cuba is not as soccer-mad as most other Carribbean/Central American countries.

As far as the Asian comment -- no idea what you're talking about there.

If you look at a list of the top 21 cities in the US by % hispanic population, 19 of those cities are in Florida, California or Texas. The other 2 are in North Jersey (Elizabeth & Patterson). Jersey City & Newark are high up on the list as well.

The problem in North Jersey (and the greater NY area -- the second highest metro area in terms of # hispanic people in the country behind LA) is not that the population of Hispanic people is not big enough -- it's that the hispanic population of NY is largely Puerto Rican -- not a hotbed of football -- and the Mexican population has been largely uninterested in MLS.

Same reason why Miami has not been successful -- like PR, Cuba is not as soccer-mad as most other Carribbean/Central American countries.

As far as the Asian comment -- no idea what you're talking about there.
Flushing (nainstreet) is a working class area with alot of industries there with mainly hispanic and asian workers. Im just saying i would imagine that the workers would like something to do after work

Flushing (nainstreet) is a working class area with alot of industries there with mainly hispanic and asian workers. Im just saying i would imagine that the workers would like something to do after work
How's that different than Newark?

Reactions: Kjbert
NYCFC doesn't even have a stadium in the works and you're suggesting that the only team in he MLS with a world class stadium move to Flushing? Wow.
What does this even mean? How is Flushing any better or worse than South Ozone Park or South Bronx?

Reactions: CP_Scouse
What does this even mean? How is Flushing any better or worse than South Ozone Park or South Bronx?

To me the idea that they move anywhere is ludicrous. They have a nice, relatively new stadium. Sure it may be "inconvenient" for people from the city who don't want to deal with the Path train, but it's really not that hard to get to from Jersey or the southern part of New York state. The smartest thing they could do is stay right where they are, reembrace the Metro image/concept, and concentrate on drawing in fans from the burbs.

What's wrong with attendance in Red Bull Arena in Harrison, NJ?

As per wikipedia, for a 25,000 seat stadium, highest attendance for a season game was 23,776 (vs Chicago on May 10). Lowest was 13,278 (vs Houston on April 23). Average is 18,517 (Empire of Soccer reports 19,421).

Is it the people who attend Red Bull games?

Reactions: CP_Scouse
They need parking. Biggest issue they face is parking.

Guy has a weird thing with them. Never need a reminder were dealing with a 14 year old kid here.

How do you call yourself a Scouser and you don't know Hillsborough?