Third Rail : A Plastic Supporter Group ?

WORK.... people fucking work. This is NY not Orlando. Most fans are 20's early 30's working professionals and they work. I don't live in my mom's basement in Orlando and doing dishes at Outback to pay for skank weed and natty light. Fuck Orlando... those trailer trash bottom feeders can go circle jerk each other practicing chants about Frank Lampard.

I like this guy right here. Oh yeah

Reactions: BCSmith
This thread
image_zpsc64980fa.jpg

Fuck MLS for trying to make this rivalry out of the gate. They didn't give a shit about NYCFC or its fans so they put our first ever game a fucking plane ride away. It was bullshit. They didn't want us to open up at home, that's fine. Put the game somewhere that's a day trip. It was a bullshit move.

As for Fabio, I've been done with him for a long time. The guy is mental. Has zero clue what American sports are like, especially soccer.

Fuck MLS for trying to make this rivalry out of the gate. They didn't give a shit about NYCFC or its fans so they put our first ever game a fucking plane ride away. It was bullshit. They didn't want us to open up at home, that's fine. Put the game somewhere that's a day trip. It was a bullshit move.

As for Fabio, I've been done with him for a long time. The guy is mental. Has zero clue what American sports are like, especially soccer.
Yea man. You can't compare European sg's to any group in USA. Most clubs are like a 2 hour train ride from each other. Going on a plane ride is just not realistic. Maybe here and there but no way every other week. Fabio's a bit over the top on this.

I am very disappointed besides for the game vs Colorado Rapids, above all for the absence of the NYCFC fans and the TR ( a group of 1.700 members.....) in this game. I don't realize that, above all after the great enthusiasm of the game vs New England Revolution !!!

I am very disappointed besides for the game vs Colorado Rapids, above all for the absence of the NYCFC fans and the TR ( a group of 1.700 members.....) in this game. I don't realize that, above all after the great enthusiasm of the game vs New England Revolution !!!
Fabio, I absolutely love your enthusiasm - but you need to consider something. Colorado and New York City are 1,778 mi (2,861 km) apart and Denver, home of the Rapids, in the CLOSEST Western Conference team. Now look at Napoli...if we take THE FURTHEST Serie A team from Napoli you're looking at Torino FC, which is 540 mi (884 km) apart. This is 3 times the distance. One more time, the closest western conference team to New York City is THREE TIMES the distance and the furthest Serie A team from your home.

There are plenty of things we can do to complain about Third Rail, but calling them plastic for not taking a 26 hour drive by car is unfair. It's just not something you can do in the US. I didn't see NYC 12 or Hearts of Oak represented there either, would you call them plastic as well?

I'm not closing this thread because it has done a lot to motivate Third Rail to open up a little bit more and I believe they are a better Supporters Group because of it...but I'm going to have to start moderating the thread closer if it just becomes a Third Rail bashfest.

Driving 4+ hours for a home game is tough enough for me and I have no responsibilities to worry about at home. I can't imagine its very easy to go across the country for anybody to watch a 90 minute soccer game. It just can't happen.

Reactions: einwindir and JayH
Wow what a thread. Let me get this straight, a fan who lives in Italy is talking smack about the third rail? Mind you I don't belong to any supporters group. But to call any supporters group plastic or fake fans is just plain dumb. And the reason for that is because they didn't travel to Denver or Orlando lol....the third rail and other supporter groups we have so far have all been tremendous and I thank you all especially for showing up at the stadium like you did anD making all that noise. The SGs Wil get better with time no doubt. As for Fabio, dude relax, it seems u have no clue about how things work over here. One of the best things about our fan base is the we all came from supporting different teams. Now we all love and support the only real and true nyc soccer team. Let's not be like the red bulls lose fans so cynical, downright nasty fans who turn on each other the first minute facing something doesn't go right. This is new York city's team, these are our fans, from within the 5 Burroughs and all over the world. We love the team and we love the city and we love the fans. Big ups to all I couldn't be more impressed.

Take it easy on Fabio guys. He's not from here so he probably is unaware of the distance between cities.