Trouble In Yankee-cfg Paradise

It's really sad that there are so many open questions right now. They aren't ready for this season.

Good on Orlando and their front office for handling things as well as they have so far. It's not easy to launch a new franchise and they seem to have handled it well so far.

It's really sad that there are so many open questions right now. They aren't ready for this season.

Good on Orlando and their front office for handling things as well as they have so far. It's not easy to launch a new franchise and they seem to have handled it well so far.

List the open questions, I'm curious. The stadium one is no surprise.

1) Where will the Soccer Specific Stadium be built?
2) When will the Soccer Specific Stadium begin construction?
3) How will the Soccer Specific Stadium be financed?
4) If the Yankees opt out of the team's management, where will the team play their home games?
5) Where will the official training grounds be built? (Having seen the temporary arrangement in Purchase, I can safely say that my high school had nicer facilities for the soccer team)
6) When will the official training ground be built?
7) Where will the team play US Open Cup matches?
8) Where would the team play CCL matches?
9) Why take the #1 Allocation spot with no clear American player to fill it?
10) When will the club spend money to acquire a player? (TFC and Seattle have in the past two seasons)
11) On what date will Frank Lampard join the club (I have come to accept the fact that he will be here late in the year and will cheer for him but am still not happy about the lack of transparency)
12) How will the club work to be more transparent to the season ticket holders moving forward?
13) When will the team announce a USL-PRO partnership, or create a USL-PRO team (safe to say with an assumed 30 man roster that some folks will be playing on loan or on reserve squads next season)
14) When will the Academy be created?
15) Where will the Academy be located?

That's a decent start I hope.

Definitely just a start.... really frustrating that the team management is mum on so many points, be nice as a "founding member" to have any idea whats going on with pretty much every aspect of the team.

Reactions: Kjbert
that's a fair start I'd say!

For myself, I keep it a lot simpler than that and I'm only concerned (at the moment given how new this all is) with 1, 7, 12. 4 isn't a legit question as it's not based on anything more than message board conjecture. All the rest are totally fair but honestly (for ME only) if I needed that many questions answered, I'd have a hard time enjoying myself on March 15th.

You raise a good point. I will enjoy myself.

But I think that I speak for many when I say that I am concerned that this is just a flash in the pan. Until last week, I didn't buy into the CHIVAS PART 2 stuff. I am getting a little worried. I would just like to see a little movement or concern on the part of the FO here.

Reactions: Goodfella
You raise a good point. I will enjoy myself.

But I think that I speak for many when I say that I am concerned that this is just a flash in the pan. Until last week, I didn't buy into the CHIVAS PART 2 stuff. I am getting a little worried. I would just like to see a little movement or concern on the part of the FO here.

After letting it all settle in, I think Lampardgate will later be seen as a huge misstep by CFG but one that they learn from. I'd rather this have happened sooner than later so they got a taste of the ire up front. I don't think it's a flash in the pan nor Chivas 2, though easy to feel that way at the moment. What it is? A $100M investment in the world's greatest game in the world's greates city. It will work. It would work even if they had half a brain between them. But there will be stumbles, rest assured.

I understand that you don't just walk away from a $100 Million investment. But who is to say that's more than just a drop in the bucket to CFG.

I am excited about the global scouting network. I am excited about the signing of Villa and Lampard as I truly believe that was all Ferran Soriano. I am excited about the investment in Reyna and Kreis. I think the partnership with the Yankees showed good business acument. But I don't know if there is a ton, organization-wise, to get excited about in the past 6 months. Just bad news.

After letting it all settle in, I think Lampardgate will later be seen as a huge misstep by CFG but one that they learn from.
Does the fact that Villa got similarly paraded around for ticket sales for Melbourne cause any issue?

I think they'll build a winning club here without much help from Designated Players - Lamps won't help that much on the field anyway. Dude is 37 and he'll be playing on a crap field.

Jason Kreis is still the best signing this club made, and it's not close. The guy knows how to build a team.

But that doesn't make this move OK - not in the least. We're wasting time, money, and energy on a guy who really doesn't want to be here.

Does the fact that Villa got similarly paraded around for ticket sales for Melbourne cause any issue?

I think they'll build a winning club here without much help from Designated Players - Lamps won't help that much on the field anyway. Dude is 37 and he'll be playing on a crap field.

Jason Kreis is still the best signing this club made, and it's not close. The guy knows how to build a team.

But that doesn't make this move OK - not in the least. We're wasting time, money, and energy on a guy who really doesn't want to be here.

Actually Villa has been villified in Melbourne, they're quite pissed.

Reactions: NYCFCFan10
Actually Villa has been villified in Melbourne, they're quite pissed.
Not arguing that in the least, good sir/fella.

What I'm saying, though, is that they didn't learn from the Villa charade, and that caused a lot of disdain. Who's to say they'll learn now?

I'm actually hearing that they didn't receive quite as much heat as they expected when this extension went through.

I'm wasn't big on Lamps signing due to the age either and even less so now that he's chosen to stay on Manchester. But crap field or not, he's shown he's still got something in the tank. I'd have to disagree that he wouldn;t contribute here

I'm wasn't big on Lamps signing due to the age either and even less so now that he's chosen to stay on Manchester. But crap field or not, he's shown he's still got something in the tank. I'd have to disagree that he wouldn;t contribute here
I don't know that I'm arguing that he wouldn't contribute at all. If I am, I'm not intending that. And I'm definitely not trying to make any excuses for them. They did lie to us, and it's not excusable.

I'm arguing, though, that the team should be able to compete on its own merit. Lampard or no.

Reactions: Goodfella
I don't agree with that. DPs, for the most part, are difference makers in this league. Look at the difference Jermaine Jones and Theirry Henry made this year. Jones carries his team in the regular season and Henry his team in the playoffs.

I think Lampard and Villa together can carry a squad. I don't know of either of them can carry a squad by themselves. Maybe Lampard, but he will be 37 with no rest.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
I don't know that I'm arguing that he wouldn't contribute at all. If I am, I'm not intending that. And I'm definitely not trying to make any excuses for them. They did lie to us, and it's not excusable.

I'm arguing, though, that the team should be able to compete on its own merit. Lampard or no.
I think your point is, and I agree, that he's too damn old to be a piece that you can count on to captain your squad for the next 5 years and help build the proper foundation of success. And as for being the sort of character the team needs, well...

Frank Lampard, no longer just the face of NYCFC, but also the asshole.

Last edited: