U.S. Open Cup 2018

Midas is right. It's wholly irrational and non-substantive. For what it's worth,
I hate their logo - the wings make no sense as placed (yes I get the design basis and symbolism- still hate it)
Gee, a new sports team with black as it's primary color.
Even better -- black and gold. When tacky tries to be classy.
PS: Vegas Knights get a pass on this because it's Vegas. Tacky pretending to be classy is the whole basis of Vegas style.
Even Will Ferrell's clueless owner schtick is starting to bug me.
If you haven't noticed the LAFC fans turn to obnoxiousness start looking for it. Atlanta fans took a good half season to show their intolerable side as well, and really bloomed in Year 2.

I agree they play good soccer that's fun to watch. Fuck em.

ive only see them being obnoxious with anything LA Galaxy related or who reps LA but thats it ( again i really have not noticed it much) the black and gold i dont really care, but people are repping it, i think i even see non soccer celebrities using the cap with the LA with wings. fuck they even got danny trejo in that lol ( though im sure the Galaxy already got him stuff before)

well see ill have to see more myself to be convinced and say fuck them like ATL fans. Though LA vs NYC is already grounds for that

If this is true, the result has to be a forfeit. Don't see any way around it given that all the non-U.S. players made it into the game.

Wonder if Portland realized the mistake when the lineups were announced and kept quiet. I bet they did.

there is no need at all for portland to say anything and why should they, its their insurance policy, they win , oh well. they lost now they protest.

like i said before it depends what the US open cup committee is going to do, they have kicked out amateur teams for playing ineligible player but will they do it to an MLS team

Last edited:
ive only see them being obnoxious with anything LA Galaxy related or who reps LA but thats it ( again i really have not noticed it much) the black and gold i dont really care, but people are repping it, i think i even see non soccer celebrities using the cap with the LA with wings. fuck they even got danny trejo in that lol ( though im sure the Galaxy already got him stuff before)

well see ill have to see more myself to be convinced and say fuck them like ATL fans. Though LA vs NYC is already grounds for that
There is no reason anyone else should dislike LAFC for the reasons I just gave.

If this is true, the result has to be a forfeit. Don't see any way around it given that all the non-U.S. players made it into the game.

Wonder if Portland realized the mistake when the lineups were announced and kept quiet. I bet they did.

Yes, Portland should be award the win by the scoreline 3-0.

That being said, US Soccer/MLS fucked us with their public published language regarding CCL. Who knows if they choose to interpret their rules in a away that benefits LA since they can charge a higher ticket price for the semifinals and finals should they host (wink, wink) (the draws are bullshit).

Yes, Portland should be award the win by the scoreline 3-0.

That being said, US Soccer/MLS fucked us with their public published language regarding CCL. Who knows if they choose to interpret their rules in a away that benefits LA since they can charge a higher ticket price for the semifinals and finals should they host (wink, wink) (the draws are bullshit).

i never trusted that envelope crap for their draws

Reactions: Ulrich and adam
Ask David Stern and Patrick Ewing about that.

ayyy lmao before i was born but i cant deny the possibility of fixing it with envelopes than when the draw is done with the plastic balls in pots, people constantly say is fixed

Reactions: adam
ayyy lmao before i was born but i cant deny the possibility of fixing it with envelopes then when the draw is done with the plastic balls in pots, people constantly say is fixed

You guys really know how to make me feel old! They said they stuck the Knicks envelope in the freezer so Stern knew which one to pick last.

Reactions: JayH
You guys really know how to make me feel old! They said they stuck the Knicks envelope in the freezer so Stern knew which one to pick last.

yep thats the story i always read. is that why they have PWC or other auditors for the draws now? The fact that knicks have not won another draft ( i think ) after that 1985 one makes the theory more plausible, if not then 100% true

Reactions: adam
http://thecup.us/2018/07/19/2018-us...-lafc-fielded-too-many-international-players/

giphy.gif

Reactions: LionNYC
That being said, US Soccer/MLS fucked us with their public published language regarding CCL.
I don't know how many times we can keep getting this wrong.

US Soccer / MLS published the rules and the CONCACAF twitter account misinterpreted them.

We did not get fucked. We were briefly confused by a misinterpretation from CONCACAF.

I don't know how many times we can keep getting this wrong.

US Soccer / MLS published the rules and the CONCACAF twitter account misinterpreted them.

We did not get fucked. We were briefly confused by a misinterpretation from CONCACAF.
giphy.gif

We interrupt this US Open Cup broadcast to bring you the goings on north of the border:

Damn you. I was just posting this. But here's additional info anyway.
Some Toronto fans smuggled flares and incendiaries into the Ottowa Fury stadium and accidentally set the stadium on fire.
https://soccer.nbcsports.com/2018/0...l-supporter-groups-after-ottawa-stadium-fire/

TFC is suspending all supporter group privileges pending investigation of who is responsible.

Reactions: Ulrich