Update Tefu Mashamaite Cb -- Signed W/ Another Club

Jason Hernandez he used to wear #21 but it seems as if Pirlo will take the rains of that number now.
So you're saying #21 is the wettest number on the pitch?

I'd have thought Angelino had that on lock.

Sidenote: near where I grew up, there was an interstate exit #69 to Etonville. Shit you not.

I can't imagine they would replace him at the same or similar salary so there certainly has to be some savings on the salary. Hernandez did well with us he wasn't the greatest but certainly was solid.
Yeah, there's no way that they replace him if it's for a similar salary - unless it's a clear, clear upgrade.

I'm guessing we're looking at $100-140k wages.

Reactions: marky365
Here is an interview with Tefu Mashamaite after his clean sweep at the PSL awards in May. Can't find much footage of him playing unfortunately as one company owns all the TV rights here in South Africa.

So you're saying #21 is the wettest number on the pitch?

I'd have thought Angelino had thought on lock.

Sidenote: near where I grew up, there was an interstate exit #69 to Etonville. Shit you not.
Haha you're right bad spelling on my part "reins" ... but also definitely agree with Angelino

I think another thing worth pointing out is that our back line is not very tall, Facey is 5'9" (175cm) and Hernandez is 5'11" (180cm). They both play a similar type game that is dependent on speed. I anticipate the possible Tefu signing is a move to add more height and strength to the back line to complement the quickness Facey brings. We also have had issues with teams scoring on us through the air and have struggled to score on our offensive corners. We had a tall target striker who helped on defensive corners but he hasn't played well and is no longer getting much time. A player with Tefu's aerial skills would help tremendously.

I can't imagine they would replace him at the same or similar salary so there certainly has to be some savings on the salary. Hernandez did well with us he wasn't the greatest but certainly was solid.
If I don't have to see him try the over the head clearance that goes straight up again, I'll be fine with that.

Reactions: forfalskning
I would definitely say both our CB's are replaceable. If Mashamaite is as good as he sounds then he shouldn't have a problem breaking into the first 11. Facey and Hernandez have been alright lately but they still are far from top MLS CB's.

We're not going to have a choice with Facey since he will probably return to Man City after this season. If we're going to be releasing defenders...would rather see Wingert or RJ Allen released instead.

Reactions: Kjbert
We're not going to have a choice with Facey since he will probably return to Man City after this season. If we're going to be releasing defenders...would rather see Wingert or RJ Allen released instead.

Don't disagree that Wingert is expendable at this point but I can't see it happening he's Kries' favorite player along side Grabavoy. I have my issues with Allen but I think we will and should keep him primarily because he's cheap. Until the salary cap rules change we are always going to need cheap guys on the roster to offset the cap hits of our 3 DPs and other high paid players like Mix. Every team in the MLS has guys like Allen on the team, our issue right now is that he starts regularly.

Don't disagree that Wingert is expendable at this point but I can't see it happening he's Kries' favorite player along side Grabavoy. I have my issues with Allen but I think we will and should keep him primarily because he's cheap. Until the salary cap rules change we are always going to need cheap guys on the roster to offset the cap hits of our 3 DPs and other high paid players like Mix. Every team in the MLS has guys like Allen on the team, our issue right now is that he starts regularly.
Yeah I agree, he's athletic and isn't a bad sub or emergency starter but as an actual starter.... not good.

If he's cheap and a solid defender I'm all for it. Our defense is our biggest downfall.

Reactions: gbservis
Tefu replaces Hernandez this year in starting 11. Bench for CB is Hernandez, KWS and Wingert.

Next year George John replaces Facey. Same or upgraded bench.

I think Tefu and John together for a year would be fun to watch.

I will hold judgement until I can see him play. I've been damaged by the let down of a lot of our players quality in games.

Tefu replaces Hernandez this year in starting 11. Bench for CB is Hernandez, KWS and Wingert.

Next year George John replaces Facey. Same or upgraded bench.

I think Tefu and John together for a year would be fun to watch.

Disagree. If we can extend Facey to a second year or buy him outright rather have him than John. Have no idea how much he'll be able to rebound after such a long time out.

Reactions: Kjbert and Paul
Disagree. If we can extend Facey to a second year or buy him outright rather have him than John. Have no idea how much he'll be able to rebound after such a long time out.
If we can sign Facey I think we'd all be for that. But that's a big if ...