USL

Holding excitement until we know where they'll play. Although based on QBFC, maybe we should hold the excitement until there's a team on the field. :D
Exactly. I'll believe it when I see it, and this mostly seems like QBFC, v. 2, but in Brooklyn Even the excerpt from the Vision Statement that snugglefarts snugglefarts posted sounds almost exactly like what QBFC used to write. The one aspect that is different is the European-style stuff (mentioned more than once), which personally turns me off. NYC is international but it's not Europe and I'm tired of soccer marketing for football soccer Eurosnobs. QBFC seemed to want to meld US and Latin American soccer culture. I much prefer that to "we're just like Europe" simpering.

Reactions: Vallos
Speaking of USL, the new team in Milwaukee is ongoing a fan vote on the new team name (the team names were previously submitted by fans) and are moving on to round 3. It's nice to see that most of the "typical soccer team" names you'll see aren't here. Even the ones with "United" or "City" included are more unique than just "Milwaukee City" or "Milwaukee United"

Speaking of USL, the new team in Milwaukee is ongoing a fan vote on the new team name (the team names were previously submitted by fans) and are moving on to round 3. It's nice to see that most of the "typical soccer team" names you'll see aren't here. Even the ones with "United" or "City" included are more unique than just "Milwaukee City" or "Milwaukee United"

MILWAUKEE TALL BOYS

Real FC United SC, the ultimate American soccer team name. FTW

Milwaukee and 414 are submissions. Would either of those be the full team name?

Milwaukee and 414 are submissions. Would either of those be the full team name?
I believe so. And to be fair to both of those making it this far, I believe both of them went up against some pretty bad names in the first two rounds.

im actually interested of going to see the team, because the site of the stadium is where an old ramada Inn used to be. i stayed there while there was a chess tournament going on that i took part in JHS ....a long time ago.....

Last edited:
They say they're going to reveal the branding and name soon so I guess we'll hear more then.
City of Brooklyn City. You heard it hear first!

And based on not much I’m thinking Greenpoint/Williamsburg somewhere on North 6th Street, although nothing popped out to me when looking at the map for available spaces.

Reactions: snugglefarts
City of Brooklyn City. You heard it hear first!

And based on not much I’m thinking Greenpoint/Williamsburg somewhere on North 6th Street, although nothing popped out to me when looking at the map for available spaces.
1687368185892.png

interesting, i thought brooklyn italians wanted some input on this team.
No idea if it's meant to be final, but it's on the owner's website. Extremely generic, but also designed enough that they must have paid money for it.

No idea if it's meant to be final, but it's on the owner's website. Extremely generic, but also designed enough that they must have paid money for it.
They trademarked it, it might be real.

Reactions: adam
Anyone besides me wondering if those initials are for Brooklyn United? I'm seeing BKU, with no sign of a BFC.
On closer inspection the way the letters angled it makes it look kinda like a cube or the first floor of a building… if you squint

On closer inspection the way the letters angled it makes it look kinda like a cube or the first floor of a building… if you squint
I actually thought of that but design-wise it would work better if the arms of the "U" didn't go up but instead continued in lines that made you think it was a sidewalk. So they might have been going for the building corner idea as a possibility but I'm thinking it's much more of a letter U. Which doesn't make much sense either if it's not a United, so who knows.

Reactions: FootyLovin