USMNT Talk

This leak is inconsistent with some of the other “leaks” for example regarding the Steffen exclusion so I guess there still is some mystery as to accuracy.

Reactions: adam and mgarbowski
no sands makes me sad.

also, keaton parks >>>>>>>>>> roldan.

guess we'll see what the official roster is later today..

Reactions: KevinJRogers
no sands makes me sad.

also, keaton parks >>>>>>>>>> roldan.

guess we'll see what the official roster is later today..
Agree about both Sands and Keaton vs Roldan. GGG just likes he guys more than the better players.

Reactions: moogoo
Agree about both Sands and Keaton vs Roldan. GGG just likes he guys more than the better players.

yea for sure. to be fair though, sands hasn't really stood out or had consistent 7-8+ rating performances when he does play.

parks injury woes definitely hurt his chances for this wc. but i think if he continues to improve and stays healthy, he's a shoe in for 2026.

sands needs a squad/coach that can take advantage of his skills. rangers and GvB aren't it. Seeing how he handles rangers, i'm quite glad GvB never came to NYC

I mean, I'm pretty certain turner is starting GK, but think Johnson might actually see minutes. I'm excited!

i've been wondering if johnson gets the #2 spot or if that goes to horvath.

I think Johnson. He plays, performs well in tournament situations (i.e., playoffs) and high pressure situations. but who knows what GB will pick as the #2.

saw a clip of GB talking about why he picked everyone.

Johnson - he's been a mainstay in the program
Horvath - he's been performing at a high level in the championship
Turner - he's improved a lot over the last 6 months.... HUH?

How the hell did turner improve in the last 6 months? Has GB been going to watch arsenal training sessions?

Last edited:
i've been wondering if johnson gets the #2 spot or if that goes to horvath.

I think Johnson. He plays, performs well in tournament situations (i.e., playoffs) and high pressure situations. but who knows what GB will pick as the #2.

saw a clip of GB talking about why he picked everyone.

Johnson - he's been a mainstay in the program
Horvath - he's been performing at a high level in the championship
Turner - he's improved a lot over the last 6 months.... HUH?

How the hell did turner improve in the last 6 months? Has GB been going to watch arsenal training sessions?

Arteta has been heaping on praises like that for Turner, I would just assume GGG has been in regular contact with coaching his staff.

Arteta has been heaping on praises like that for Turner, I would just assume GGG has been in regular contact with coaching his staff.

That's what coaches do. Pep has always praised Steffen. It doesn't mean anything.

So what do people think about the roster?

I don't love it. A lot of weird choices to me. Morris, Roldan, Wright.... they don't belong on this squad. There are better choices. If it were up to me Johnson would be the #1, but we all know Turner will get it.

midfield is thin. if we get injuries there.. and adams, mckennie are kind of injury prone... we're pretty screwed.

So what do people think about the roster?

I don't love it. A lot of weird choices to me. Morris, Roldan, Wright.... they don't belong on this squad. There are better choices. If it were up to me Johnson would be the #1, but we all know Turner will get it.

midfield is thin. if we get injuries there.. and adams, mckennie are kind of injury prone... we're pretty screwed.
I like it overall. The best potential starters are there. Once you get past #18 on the roster, you are looking to fill out your roster with players who can play a very specific role, whether it be in the locker room, or a very specific situational substitute. I don't care that Morris and Roldan got spots 25 and 26 over someone else. If a clear best 11 guy got left out, I'd be stunned.

As for SJ, I doubt he is in consideration for starts unless Turner is down. And speaking of making the roster for playing a specific role, are any other players in this roster their club captain?

I like it overall. The best potential starters are there. Once you get past #18 on the roster, you are looking to fill out your roster with players who can play a very specific role, whether it be in the locker room, or a very specific situational substitute. I don't care that Morris and Roldan got spots 25 and 26 over someone else. If a clear best 11 guy got left out, I'd be stunned.

As for SJ, I doubt he is in consideration for starts unless Turner is down. And speaking of making the roster for playing a specific role, are any other players in this roster their club captain?
This is where I am I think. I’d like a few changes, but can’t complain overall. And exactly as you mention it regarding spots 18-26. Also for that reason, would have loved Sands instead of Shaq Moore (another fullback), but won’t scream bloody murder over it.

Kind of nice to see Steffen left off since he hasn’t been a good keeper since the year before leaving the Crew maybe? I was getting worried off the possibility of him starting in the WC.

This is where I am I think. I’d like a few changes, but can’t complain overall. And exactly as you mention it regarding spots 18-26. Also for that reason, would have loved Sands instead of Shaq Moore (another fullback), but won’t scream bloody murder over it.

Kind of nice to see Steffen left off since he hasn’t been a good keeper since the year before leaving the Crew maybe? I was getting worried off the possibility of him starting in the WC.
Likewise here. I do feel bad for Arriola, though. He may not be the greatest player and I don't think anyone would argue he's World Cup quality (and I'm not his biggest fan to begin with either, to be honest). But the dude busts his ass. I get it, Roldan is probably better, and I think that was the choice. I just feel bad for him.

Exactly this.

Once you get past #18 on the roster, you are looking to fill out your roster with players who can play a very specific role, whether it be in the locker room, or a very specific situational substitute. I don't care that Morris and Roldan got spots 25 and 26 over someone else.

And this.

I do feel bad for Arriola, though. He may not be the greatest player and I don't think anyone would argue he's World Cup quality (and I'm not his biggest fan to begin with either, to be honest). But the dude busts his ass. I get it, Roldan is probably better, and I think that was the choice. I just feel bad for him.

Guys like Pepi, Steffan, Pefok - I feel bad for them. But, they're all young and will have more chances - probably better chances. Arriola is 27. This may have been his best shot.