Vancouver Postgame

Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup...U.S...American...Not Canada...
Ugh.... Thank you.... That celebration pickle back shot did me in. Even better then that they have one less chance to take one back.

Funnily enough, on Saunders' first touch of the second half, he kicked the ball away and everyone cheered sarcastically, and Josh got upset and told everyone to be quiet with his hands. I guess, you know, it goes to show that these athletes are people and can be fragile sometimes, but I've never seen a player tell his home fans to cut out basically demeaning him.
He deserved every sarcastic cheer he got for making routine kicks. The fans should never let him forget that wonderfuck goal he gifted Vancouver.

He deserved every sarcastic cheer he got for making routine kicks. The fans should never let him forget that wonderfuck goal he gifted Vancouver.
His ability to turn the routine into a three ring circus is pretty damn special. It's virtually unseen anywhere else in the world outside of youth levels. To maintain both a starting spot and that sort of incompetence in a league that is regularly televised is a generational talent worthy of note.

Who did pickle backs? Last time I had those, I got booted from a karaoke bar. It was a baby shower.

Guess you could say I saundersed the hell out of that one.
Brother Jimmys afterwards. Friend of my buddy is the bartender so beers and the shots after the game. Evidently they have a special pickle brine made just for their shots.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
Brother Jimmys afterwards. Friend of my buddy is the bartender so beers and the shots after the game. Evidently they have a special pickle brine made just for their shots.
Kosher, I presume. I only get into those when I'm with the children of Abraham.

Edited to confess I don't fully understand my post. Father Abraham had many sons. And many sons had father Anraham. I am one of them. And so are you. So let's just praise the Lord.

(That's right. I'm bringing back the VBS jams - vacation bible school for the heathen folk among us)

Villa 2nd goal was a well worked training ground move, Brillant should get a lot of credit for his wrestling moves to hold back the 2 defenders from being able to close down Villa

Another day and another ref it could easily have been a foul against Brillant

Kosher, I presume. I only get into those when I'm with the children of Abraham.
I don't limit myself like that. I also generally don't waste good whiskey via shot, but this was an exception. Villa and others fell on the field and cried in happiness, I chased distilled grains with pickled cucumber juice. We both achieved the same euphoria.

Last edited:
I don't limit myself like that. I also generally don't waste good whiskey via shot, but this was an exception. Villa and others fell on the field and cried in happiness, I chased distilled grains with pickled cucumber juice. We both achieved the same euphoria.
Kimchi sake backs. I'm starting it.

Asian fusion alcohol abuse. Why not?

Damn. I had to be at a wedding with no internet access, and this is the game I missed. Sounds like one hell of a roller coaster.

Two things.

First off. There was a new stadium announcer today that was 1000x better than the usual guy.

Saunders also made a game saving fingertip save in the 86th minute. So credit where credit is due.

I also noticed the new PA announcer and he was significantly better. Also, D-Stroy wasn't doing this regular routine. Saunders wouldn't have to make that game saving save if he didn't 1) Let up the first goal of the game or 2) Not catch an easy PK shot that went right into his chest

All you buddy, and I won't try to steal your thunder, but you'll probably need somebody to hold your hair while you're puking.

But it bubbles when you leave the jar closed!

Actually, spent some time with an entrepreneur who started a fig infused vodka brand. He finally got into NYC. It happened to be at my local store. Interesting stuff.

Two things.

First off. There was a new stadium announcer today that was 1000x better than the usual guy.

Saunders also made a game saving fingertip save in the 86th minute. So credit where credit is due.
Had he not given up the initial crapass goal, he could've still missed the fingertip and it wouldn't have been a game saving save because it would've been 3-1 prior and then only 3-2. Nobody gets a pass when spotting the opponent a lead less than a minute in.

-edit- LionNYC LionNYC beat me to it