Villa Frustated After Loss To La

I can't blame him but it's not helping the team. There aren't the right players around him to succeed in MLS. And especially against a team like at LA at home.

Reactions: Kjbert
Villa is entitled to his frustration. But he shouldn't forget that he was the recipient in this game of two perfect passes by Poku in dangerous positions, whereupon he himself lost possession.

Also, at one point he stood there complaining with his hands on his head while the Galaxy were busy getting on with a quickly-taken free kick, which led to a goal.

So Villa really should include some criticism of himself alongside his (justified) criticism of his teammates.

I would fully support Kreis not including Villa in the 18 for this, even knowing that might result in a loss and no playoffs. That's absolutely ridiculous. He's a striker, so what "he's doing" is attacking. So who's he calling out for not helping him in attack? Poku? McNamara? Sure as hell ain't Pirlo. Maybe Mix, but his comments weren't just at one guy.

He needs to shut up and worry about staying onside and converting a higher percentage of his chances. Villa didn't look great out there yesterday either. The team as a whole sucked. Blame it on the midweek/cross-country whatever but for you to call out your teammates like this is terrible. If this was back in April when we were trotting out Grabavoy and Ballouchy? Sure. But now David, you have A FREAKING PIRLO. We gave you one of the best attacking midfielders in history. Don't complain about your lack of help.

Yes, the backline is a disaster and the formation (dictated somewhat by Pirlo and the roster construction) sucks but going forward NYC should be as potent as anyone in MLS with a number of strong attacking options both on the field and on the bench. I don't want to hear excuses about the lack of talent around you; I want goals. There's no excuses.

Reactions: Kjbert and Rand
I think this quote is being taken out of context. It's more about Villa being alone by himself up top, where he can't hold up play and wait for everyone else catch up in the offensive third. We've gone 1v5 too many times this year in possession.
I agree with this. I didn't read the quote as an actual criticism of the teammates specifically as opposed to a criticism of the situation. But, maybe I am reading the words too literally, plus there is a risk of translation error assuming the quote was given in Spanish. Or, just general risk of being mis-quoted. In any event, feels like largely a non-event to me.

I would fully support Kreis not including Villa in the 18 for this, even knowing that might result in a loss and no playoffs. That's absolutely ridiculous. He's a striker, so what "he's doing" is attacking. So who's he calling out for not helping him in attack? Poku? McNamara? Sure as hell ain't Pirlo. Maybe Mix, but his comments weren't just at one guy.

He needs to shut up and worry about staying onside and converting a higher percentage of his chances. Villa didn't look great out there yesterday either. The team as a whole sucked. Blame it on the midweek/cross-country whatever but for you to call out your teammates like this is terrible. If this was back in April when we were trotting out Grabavoy and Ballouchy? Sure. But now David, you have A FREAKING PIRLO. We gave you one of the best attacking midfielders in history. Don't complain about your lack of help.

Yes, the backline is a disaster and the formation (dictated somewhat by Pirlo and the roster construction) sucks but going forward NYC should be as potent as anyone in MLS with a number of strong attacking options both on the field and on the bench. I don't want to hear excuses about the lack of talent around you; I want goals. There's no excuses.

:rolleyes: guess 15 goals are not enough. Pirlo is not in his prime we all knew this when he signed.

as mentioned in another thread no one makes runs when he has the ball thats why he ball hogs.

and lol at your suggestion of taking him out of the 18

Reactions: Vito and Gene
:rolleyes: guess 15 goals are not enough. Pirlo is not in his prime we all knew this when he signed.

as mentioned in another thread no one makes runs when he has the ball thats why he ball hogs.

and lol at your suggestion of taking him out of the 18

Didn't say he hasn't been good. But unless NYCFC wants to become a place where the DPs can do whatever they want and put themselves above the team, he needs to be severely punished.

And BS on your ball hog excuse. There have been runs. Villa's not looking to pass. He's going 1 v 4 way too often. At least recently he's become willing to pass to Poku.

Yep, he's entitled to his frustrations but this isn't helping the team.

Furthermore, he's taken a lot of bad and wild shots on goal. I mean, A LOT. It's hard to play and play well with someone whose actions (and now his words) basically say "You suck."

I really like Villa and I understand completely how he feels but he's got to bite the bullet on this and he has to show faith in his teammates.

Didn't say he hasn't been good. But unless NYCFC wants to become a place where the DPs can do whatever they want and put themselves above the team, he needs to be severely punished.

And BS on your ball hog excuse. There have been runs. Villa's not looking to pass. He's going 1 v 4 way too often. At least recently he's become willing to pass to Poku.

lol um lampard? the whole lampardgate? good luck with him getting punished. i believe he will be the first DP to be punished if this happens.

as for the passing, poku is maybe the only guy to perhaps pass but now that people know who he is he will be marked more, not only that Tmac i feel has disappeared past two games so thats not helping and mix on the wing isint really working ( i think he is playing out of position) no one is spreading the freaking opposing defense ( if they are a good team like LA or RB) that causes all the 1 V 4 scenarios. We cant rely on Deep long ball assist like the first goal against columbus or againt DC. there needs to be more runs.

Yep, he's entitled to his frustrations but this isn't helping the team.

Furthermore, he's taken a lot of bad and wild shots on goal. I mean, A LOT. It's hard to play and play well with someone whose actions (and now his words) basically say "You suck."

I really like Villa and I understand completely how he feels but he's got to bite the bullet on this and he has to show faith in his teammates.

this is something im taking gripe with, this is coming from a quote from a tweet. like in many sports/ media i always want to hear the whole conversation in audio or video before i make my final decision, this leads to all assumptions and lash outs that are happening here and on twitter.

The thing is, I've listened to Villa's interview post game. He accuses his team mates of losing focus. Here's my problem. That first goal against us starts when Villa is crying about the foul meanwhile the whole team is watching their captain complain and LA walks in that goal. The attention loss started at the top. And then it just spiraled out of control from there.

I get his frustration. Even though he wasn't his best against LAG, so many runs he makes or wants to make are ignored. It has to be tough.

Maybe he's suggesting for Kreis that it's time to play two up top and not have the 5' 9" striker as our target man.

I get his frustration. Even though he wasn't his best against LAG, so many runs he makes or wants to make are ignored. It has to be tough.

Maybe he's suggesting for Kreis that it's time to play two up top and not have the 5' 9" striker as our target man.
3 up top, Nemec and Ballouchy up with Villa on LW... not this year.

Reactions: Kjbert