Way Too Early and May Not Happen Expansion Draft

"Prior to the expansion draft, the Revolution sent allocation money to both New York City and Orlando City SC as part of an agreement that neither would select midfielder Diego Fagundez, who was among those on New England's unprotected list."

That sounds like a bribe.

Reactions: adam
"Prior to the expansion draft, the Revolution sent allocation money to both New York City and Orlando City SC as part of an agreement that neither would select midfielder Diego Fagundez, who was among those on New England's unprotected list."

That sounds like a bribe.
So what would have happened if we decided to screw NE over and draft him?

1. Villa
2. McNamara
3. Pirlo
4. Iraola
5. Matarrita
6. Chanot
7. Brillant
8. Allen

Counting Harrison, these guys seem like our best starters minus Lampard and should be retained going into 2017.

9. Mena

Has really shot up in importance the last month. He's too good to be ok with just giving up, but he's also expensive. I'd really like to roster Chanot, Brillant, and Mena next year though.

10. Shelton?
11. Lopez?

Beyond those top nine, there isn't anyone I would necessarily be upset losing. Shelton still has potential to round out his game and be a valuable player, especially at his price point. Vieira like Lopez enough, maybe he'll be #11. We are also thinnest in the midfield with Lampard and Mix probably not being with the team in 2017.

Are there any rules that you cannot keep DPs protected?

If we come up to draft day and Minnesota and Atl both have filled their DP spots, why not keep Villa, Pirlo, and Lampard unprotected?

I don't want to have to think about this yet. Vieira is happy with his squad and they have a goal in mind to accomplish.

So one thing that I might be wrong on is loaned players. I have not been able to find anything definitive but I think that loaned players might be on the table to be picked. I am guessing that a club technically has an agreement with MLS and not individual teams. This might mean that if we want to purchase Bravo, Mendoza or Gomez after this season, we might have to protect them.