Welcome To Nycfc Sebastian Velasquez!

Gene

Registered
Donor
Mar 19, 2014
Down & Out
What can anybody tell us about him? I googled him and Wiki had no relevant info and his name was already removed from RSL's roster on their web page.

I know he's 23 and got locked up for a DUI last October...........

lostblue

Registered
Nov 19, 2014
US
http://www.sltrib.com/home/1967145-155/rsl-trades-midfielder-sebastian-velasquez-to

"The relentless Real Salt Lake offseason continued Thursday. And the latest name to be headed out of town: Sebastian Velasquez. The 23-year-old midfielder has been traded to New York City FC in exchange for allocation money, RSL technical director Craig Waibel told the Tribune. While the deal hasn’t officially been announced, it’s done and is expected to be announced sometime Friday.
Per league and club policy, the amount of allocation money exchanged will be not disclosed."

Reactions: Gene

USAfan6

Registered
Nov 10, 2014
I wonder if we took some of the transfer fee for Salgado and turned around and sent it to RSL for Velasquez?

Reactions: Kjbert

whill4

Registered
May 29, 2014
Los Angeles
What can anybody tell us about him? I googled him and Wiki had no relevant info and his name was already removed from RSL's roster on their web page.

He'll probably be used mainly as an impact sub. Maybe could develop into starter material in a couple years.

SayWhat44

Registered
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Oct 27, 2014
He's got talent but battled injuries last year. It's a great sign and we gave up next to nothing to get him. Great depth signing and could develop into a starter.

deedsy

Registered
Jun 3, 2014
I always look for comments from fans of the team who lost the player to see how they react - the more disappointed they are, the better the player is.

It seems like RSL fans are split on this - one half saying he has insane potential and could be a star, the other half saying he is immature and loses the ball too much

He's definitely a known name in MLS, though

USAfan6

Registered
Nov 10, 2014
You can't really go wrong with how little we gave up to get him. 50k in allocation money is nothing.

Reactions: Kjbert

MagnusPax

Registered
May 3, 2014
He'll probably be used mainly as an impact sub. Maybe could develop into starter material in a couple years.
Good player with potential. He might have been a more regular player for Salt Lake this next season with Grabavoy gone but apparently thats not happening. Had some real shining moments in 2012 in his debut year, in his first game as a starter actually:

Start at the 5:00 minute

and more recently

Midas Mulligan

Registered
Elite Donor
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Apr 29, 2014
NYC

Well, he'll have much better cab access here. That's what I love about Kreis. Not just a quality trainer, but a real leader of men.

(Hear that dripping sound? That's what sarcasm and snark sound like rolling out of my keyboard.)

Kubah

Registered
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 26, 2014
NYC
twitter.com
... with his DUI looks like we've got another member of the Brown Bag Social Club.
So wrong... haha

My favorite look:
SebaRUFIO(620x350).jpg