What does a Brexit mean for NYCFC?

Wise Decision-Bravo for the Brits to liberate themselves from subsidizing the rest of Europe. I recall around the housing market meltdown, a cousin rejected a job offer in the US, and instead took the job offer in Spain on her belief that the US would soon go bankrupt and felt her future was in Europe.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gavin23
Haha. Quite enjoying reading this discussion. The facts are a little out, but it's an interesting debate which hits most of the right points.

Reactions: adam
Wise Decision-Bravo for the Brits to liberate themselves for subsidizing the rest of Europe. I recall around the housing market meltdown, a cousin rejected a job offer in the US, and instead took the job offer in Spain on her belief that the US would soon go bankrupt and felt her future was in Europe.
Well, the funny thing is that the areas of the United Kingdom that have biggest net outflows to the EU (London and Scotland) are the areas that voted to remain, and the rest of the country, which sees net inflows from the EU, are the ones that voted to leave.

Much like in the US, people are easily swayed to vote to screw themselves by listening to those that will do the screwing.

The reason why the Brexit will not have an impact on NYCFC is that there isn't going to be a full Brexit. There's already a significant amount of regret among those who felt they were duped into a leave vote. The UK and EU will negotiate new terms that will keep the UK as a quasi-EU member, with the most significant change being greater autonomy for Britain in regards to their immigration policies.

You heard it here first. Brexit ain't happening.

what

What about UK or EU citizens living/working in the US?
Not an expert but I think it depends if you still have any income in the Uk like a house you rent out , dividends on investmens etc, you would pay any UK tax on that.

I only pay US tax now as have nothing left back in the UK

Reactions: adam