• Total voters

NYCFC_Dan

Registered
Staff member
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 17, 2014
Tampa, Florida
What do you think?
What made you more upset. The City replica kit or Lampard not returning?

Last edited:
The kit bothered me. The Lampard situation made me leave. I was willing to support a club that wore Manchester City colors. I will not support a club that is an inferior minor league team to a club I bear no allegiance to.

Maybe I was naive to think CFG cared about what was best for NYCFC. Maybe I should have known better. But it turns out this was never the club I thought it was, and I never was a supporter of what it actually is.

Goodbye NYCFC.

The Lampard thing. I was worried about the jersey alienating potential fans but this this shit is like every step that could have been taken to undermine this club before kickoff was taken. What the fuck do we look like when everyone have been telling us for more than a year this kind of shit would happen and we were telling them to fuck off. I can't in good faith maintain season tickets from Canada.
Good luck growing the city brand in the USA.

The Lampard thing. I was worried about the jersey alienating potential fans but this this shit is like every step that could have been taken to undermine this club before kickoff was taken. What the fuck do we look like when everyone have been telling us for more than a year this kind of shit would happen and we were telling them to fuck off. I can't in good faith maintain season tickets from Canada.
Good luck growing the city brand in the USA.
Damn. My wife and I were having the move discussion again last night, and her argument to stay in the City centered on me finally having a team right here. Fuck me. I guess maybe I could move to Jersey after all. This is all just so disappointing. I've been waiting on this team for years, just like so many. First, I swallowed my doubts about the ownership situation. Then, they literally do everything they shouldn't. It's like they are fucking deaf and dumb. Since that's not the case, as so many happy Mancs tell us, there is no conclusion other than they have no intention of treating us like a proper first division team. Fuckckckjjjcjjcjkckckkcc

I'm just so angry, hurt and disappointed. I can't even grasp this. Please don't ever let FFF show up here. Please sell this club back to MLS. Please let us NYers finally have a first division team. Fufuufffuuufufufkckckckckckckckcufufuckck.

The kit bothered me. The Lampard situation made me leave. I was willing to support a club that wore Manchester City colors. I will not support a club that is an inferior minor league team to a club I bear no allegiance to.

Maybe I was naive to think CFG cared about what was best for NYCFC. Maybe I should have known better. But it turns out this was never the club I thought it was, and I never was a supporter of what it actually is.

Goodbye NYCFC.

I respect your decision, but Iam not agree. I wait this team since 1994. Now we have a true NYC team with a fantastic name and this is the moment to do NOISE against this stupid approach of the City Group and to make it clear them that the NYCFC MUST BE A TRUE TEAM AND NOT A JOKE. Unfortunately I think that the TR don't realize the problem and it has an PASSIVE approach. Therefore I think that is necessary the foundation of a new supporter group with a diverse mentality !!

I respect your decision, but Iam not agree. I wait this team since 1994. Now we have a true NYC team with a fantastic name and this is the moment to do NOISE against this stupid approach of the City Group and to make it clear them that the NYCFC MUST BE A TRUE TEAM AND NOT A JOKE. Unfortunately I think that the TR don't realize the problem and it has an PASSIVE approach. Therefore I think that is necessary the foundation of a new supporter group with a diverse mentality !!
I'm with you, buddy. I'm not going anywhere. I just wish the owners respected us more. It's heartbreaking that our club has to go through this sort of treatment.

What did you even just say?

Never mind I understand. But to me it's past the point of showing NYCFC what this should be. They know what it should be, it'll never be that.

As for TR they are already in the midst of voicing their displeasure to the team.

Reactions: DiRoma
I have ZERO sympathy for anyone who bought tickets based solely on a single player. If the fact that a 36 year old player isn't on the team, don't let the door hit you on the way out!
For some it's not just the fact that Lampard is or isn't playing. In my case, I initially got tickets because of Lampard, but then saw how awesome NYCFC and the fans could be. If I decide to leave because of this decision (probably won't) it isn't because I won't get to see Lampard play. It's because of the precedent CFG just set and the attitude they have towards our club.

I have ZERO sympathy for anyone who bought tickets based solely on a single player. If the fact that a 36 year old player isn't on the team, don't let the door hit you on the way out!

I bought tickets before any player was announced. Day one signup. This has nothing to do with Lampard or any particular player and everything to do with the precedent that this sets. If you can't see that then I don't know what to tell you.

Not trying to be mean, but if anyone didn't think that City Football Group wouldn't put Manchester City first, then you are naive. MLS is and will continue to be a little league when compared to the big leagues unless the ownership structure is changed.

It feels like losing your money playing three card monte and then realizing how dumb you were for playing three card monte. I honestly personally don't care much for Lampard and think NYCFC can do way better, it is just the principle that is upsetting. This is not how you run an organization, especially in this city, if you want it to be successful.

It feels like losing your money playing three card monte and then realizing how dumb you were for playing three card monte. I honestly personally don't care much for Lampard and think NYCFC can do way better, it is just the principle that is upsetting. This is not how you run an organization, especially in this city, if you want it to be successful.
X 1000. My point as well. I never much cared for him. I certainly wouldn't have worn his shirt, even as I cheered his play.

To quote a classic, "There's principalities involved."

I think that the most disheartening part is the deafening silence on the part of the FO after each and every PR mistake. Who works there? Helen Keller?
NYE in NYC...They're all on a city rooftop drinking 2014 away. Poor bastards have four days to ignore this shitstorm. Good luck on Monday.