What made you more upset?

• Kit

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • Lampard

Votes: 75 74.3%
  • Neither

Votes: 18 17.8%

• Total voters
I guess I am in the minority here. The Lampard thing is disappointing, but after the initial shock faded a bit and I thought about it rationally-- it is pretty understandable that Frank would want to stay and play out the season at the highest level where he is having success and getting adulation right now. He'll be here in July and provide a nice boost. Even if he doesn't come, he is only one player, and an old one at that, we will be just fine without him.

Meanwhile-- we are stuck with this kit. I am very disappointed that they didn't put in any effort, or pay any respect, to the idea of forging a unique identity. Fine, throw some sky blue in there. But the fact that they just swapped out the MCFC patch for NYCFC.... ouch. I thought they hit it out of the park (Yankee reference) with the crest, and other efforts, so it is a shame about the kit. I don't plan to buy it. I do like the second kit.

Back to Lampard. As much as some don't want to admit it-- MLS is a B league compared to Europe. Right now anyway. I am not a "snob", it is just the facts. Kobe Bryant is 36, he is not going to go play in Europe if he has a shot winning the championship with an NBA team this year. Hopefully one day not too far in the future the US will catch up. For us grown ups (i.e. over 30 :)), it is amazing to see a US league reach the level it has already, believe me! But for now how can you blame the guy. We are not dependent on him!

On the kits I agree my idea was that all three kits would be different. Manchester could use New Yor'ks home as the away kit and so on. However they want brand synergy don't they. All the teams will end up playing in blue. I think they will push this global membership. One week you could go to melbourne the other to New York etc. This is what the Cityzen portal is moving to.

On the kits I agree my idea was that all three kits would be different. Manchester could use New Yor'ks home as the away kit and so on. However they want brand synergy don't they. All the teams will end up playing in blue. I think they will push this global membership. One week you could go to melbourne the other to New York etc. This is what the Cityzen portal is moving to.
Well that's good, at least the six people who are fans of the group instead of the teams will be happy

Reactions: Kjbert

14HBA1f.jpg

Somebody mock up a chili's sign real quick.

I was thinking Cheesecake Factory. Wow we could take it over and call it City Factory. We'd have to paint them all sky blue and bolt the badges of all the teams on them. Change the menu.

What can I get ya today sir? We do have specials called Reyna Ribs and the Fat Frank Super burger.

Um....I'll have the skewered CFG with the MP big mouth rings and a large CITY Kool-aid please.

For the junior blues we could take over Chuck E. Cheese's call it City Planet. We could use the chains to plug all the teams. Expand to China. Then the world. It's almost too easy.

I was thinking Cheesecake Factory. Wow we could take it over and call it City Factory. We'd have to paint them all sky blue and bolt the badges of all the teams on them. Change the menu.

What can I get ya today sir? We do have specials called Reyna Ribs and the Fat Frank Super burger.

Um....I'll have the skewered CFG with the MP big mouth rings and a large CITY Kool-aid please.

For the junior blues we could take over Chuck E. Cheese's call it City Planet. We could use the chains to plug all the teams. Expand to China. Then the world. It's almost too easy.
If we don't have a cookie burger on the menu, I'll be disappointed.

You think city would be interested in branding my environmental logistics business? We're still young and growing, and we would sell our independence for way less than $100 mm.

If we don't have a cookie burger on the menu, I'll be disappointed.

You think city would be interested in branding my environmental logistics business? We're still young and growing, and we would sell our independence for way less than $100 mm.

We need to get sesame street to change the colour of Cookie Monster slightly to sky blue. After all it's still blue isn't it. The kids will get over it. CM can take a shower and he can just change colour, hey it worked for Dallas.

Get CM to wear a NYCFC shirt. Then we could sell the cookie monster burger. A lot of money for one menu item granted but I think it's worth it. Then we buy GI Joe make him a CFG fan and we'll get Barbie too. We'll make a play for the kid demographic sign them up early.

Then we buy L'oreal because we are worth it. Women's soccer is huge in the states make a play for that with branded shampoos and Barbie dolls. (Insert city name) ................ City supporting Barbie, WAG Barbie and since there is MCWFC and surely soon NYCWFC those Barbie dolls are a given.

I think we'll all agree the master plan is coming together nicely.

Oh

We'll also buy Tim Horton's in Canada and rename it Claudio Reyna's. We can take my avatar picture and tevez it. Welcome to Claudio Reyna's. Next time your in Canada in a TH think about it. Now back on topic.

What concerns me is...when are they going to start spending money?

What's to stop them from pulling an RBNY in a couple of years when there is a) no stadium deal b) the Yankees pull out and c) people are still upset we only have 1 DP on the roster.

I would like to share my opinion of your points. The stadium deal? I doubt that there is any problem with that on the City end. The money is there we just need to find a spot that we can build on. Wow there is a spot in Queens zoned for entertainment already? Build there! Yes I am sure that CFG would miss the 20 million dollars that the Yankees have put in. If the Yankees pull out in a few years let them by that time City will have there feet under themselves and can run not merely walk on their own. I doubt that we will have only 1 DP by the time the season starts let alone in July when Frank shows up. I understand the question when are they going to spend money I really do but as of right now what do they have to spend it on?

Easy. Go buy a player. That's a solid start. TFC went out and bought Michael Bradley. Overpaid for him too. But it was a big statement.