What made you more upset?

• Kit

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • Lampard

Votes: 75 74.3%
  • Neither

Votes: 18 17.8%

• Total voters
Kippax the condescending bit in 3 is where you imagined you had some special knowledge or authority to lecture us on what is "all part of being a football fan."
A club and league committing fraud by saying the club signed a player when in fact that had not happened (FL was signed by the mother ship holding company because they planned for this all along) is not what should be part of being a fan.
That said, I agree generally with Midas that your tone is generally helpful with this one small misstep. Cheers.

Thanks for your comments. Maybe I am being sub-consciously condescending then, but honestly I don't mean to be. This comment is something I would say to any football fan, in a blunt way I'm saying 'Just get on with it' but apologies if any offence was caused, this isn't my intention.

Reactions: mgarbowski
NYCFC fans, as I have posted previously, have every right to be disillusioned with the Lampard situation. But what I sincerely hope you do is stick by the club. Abu Dhabi have pumped billions into City, making us competitive on and off the pitch, and have completely regenerated the surrounding area. These people are serious, committed and innovative. This is also reflected in your two DP signings. Has a player of David Villa's quality been enticed to the MLS before? You have had legends like Henry and Beckham, but Villa had just played an important role in a side that beat Real Madrid and Barcelona to the league title, as well as playing in a Champions League final. Likewise, Lampard is currently playing an important role for City's challenge for the title. These are big players who, in my opinion, are a level above any other DP's in the MLS thus far.

The owners have decided and agreed that City need Lampard this season more than NYCFC do. You have every right to be angry, and if I was a NYCFC fan I would be fuming too. But what about in a years time, say City have a promising youth player or an ageing star, and the owners decide, in spite of City's wishes, it would be more beneficial if they moved to NYCFC where they could contribute more? It's entirely hypothetical, but my point is I think Abu Dhabi have done so much for City that they should be given a chance to equally prove their commitment and desire to making NYCFC a force in the MLS. Their reputation is rightly tarred by the Lampard fiasco, but it should not be completely condemned. Please, continue to support NYCFC, and back the team as you know you can, because I have every reason to believe the owners will redeem themselves.

I hope this does not appear condescending and obviously it's easy for me to say this sitting in Manchester, but I thought it might be helpful to just provide a voice outside of New York and one that has first-hand experience of the positive impact Abu Dhabi have had not just on my club, but on the whole community.

Just another MCFC post saying we should enjoy being lied to because it's for our own good. Next. Jeez, are people in Manchester really this accepting of fraud?

Thanks for your comments. Maybe I am being sub-consciously condescending then, but honestly I don't mean to be. This comment is something I would say to any football fan, in a blunt way I'm saying 'Just get on with it' but apologies if any offence was caused, this isn't my intention.
I believe you. We're also a bit admittedly over-sensitive from having a slew of people tell us either (1) we're not real fans, or (2) we shouldn't mind lies fraud and deception because the team will win. Both are infuriating, and (2) reflects really negatively on those who say it. I am truly mind-boggled at how many people are willing to forgive lies and fraud as long as the Sheik buys them a winning team. It's disgusting.

Reactions: Paul
Just another MCFC post saying we should enjoy being lied to because it's for our own good. Next. Jeez, are people in Manchester really this accepting of fraud?

No we are not.

There are 2 models of business currently being run in Mcr.

One is at City where the Sheik has not committed any fraud or lies. He has pumped in money and given the club a lottery ticket into the top reaches of the game. Something we could never had done with the cartel in the FA and Europe being run as it was.

The other is in Old Trafford, man u, where the Glazer family systematically stole the club, heaping debt and all sorts on to the club. A large number of fans walked out and set up another club fcum.

Where did I say being lied to is for your own good? It's entirely unacceptable what they have done. I've already mentioned all fans should be entitled to refunds on season tickets and any shirts bought. But my argument is just because they have messed up here, they have proven themselves at City to the extent they should be allowed time to redeem themselves. You're overlooking the fact they haven't just bought success to City but completely redeveloped the surrounding area, and created thousands of jobs in an area that desperately needed it while doing so. It's not just a case of 'get over the Lampard deal, because you will win stuff'. It's about the fact they aren't just owners who will throw money at your club just to get a shiny medal each season.

Yeah mate - Great post to engage in a proper debate o_O
It's not a debate anymore, CFG lied and did something that screwed NYCFC and helped MCFC. Man City fans are coming here telling people to relax when the team, FO and ownership has done nothing to show us we should trust them. And you guys coming here making condescending comments is doing nothing but fanning the flames and turns most New Yorkers and New York City fans against your team and there fans.

I think that the most disheartening part is the deafening silence on the part of the FO after each and every PR mistake. Who works there? Helen Keller?

This. You can't just drop info that infuriates fans and ignore it for a week. They knew this wouldn't go over well and specifically decided to be silent. That's not okay when people are forking over a lot of money to you.

Seriously, I understand that from the Manchester perspective CFG is a fantastic ownership group that has done great things and been responsive to bad press. That is fantastic, for you. That said they have not shown that they have the same consideration for fans in Melbourne or NYC thus far. They might turn that around. They might really come through for us. I hope that they do. But you saying that you know they will fix this or be better in the future etc, and that we should just be patient and believe in them is always going to sound condescending because until they do something to show us that this was a one time never to be repeated situation it will be hard to even begin rebuilding that trust. Just because the sun rose yesterday in Manchester, doesn't mean that it will definitely rise tomorrow in New York.

No we are not.

There are 2 models of business currently being run in Mcr.

One is at City where the Sheik has not committed any fraud or lies. He has pumped in money and given the club a lottery ticket into the top reaches of the game. Something we could never had done with the cartel in the FA and Europe being run as it was.

The other is in Old Trafford, man u, where the Glazer family systematically stole the club, heaping debt and all sorts on to the club. A large number of fans walked out and set up another club fcum.
Should have named it FUMU. Then, I'd have sent them a check.

Reactions: mrplow2000
Seriously, I understand that from the Manchester perspective CFG is a fantastic ownership group that has done great things and been responsive to bad press. That is fantastic, for you. That said they have not shown that they have the same consideration for fans in Melbourne or NYC thus far. They might turn that around. They might really come through for us. I hope that they do. But you saying that you know they will fix this or be better in the future etc, and that we should just be patient and believe in them is always going to sound condescending because until they do something to show us that this was a one time never to be repeated situation it will be hard to even begin rebuilding that trust. Just because the sun rose yesterday in Manchester, doesn't mean that it will definitely rise tomorrow in New York.

I disagree I think NYCFC in 5 years will be the biggest MLS team. CFG have big plans I am sure.

However, those on here have to understand the link city fans have to the club. In the dark times city support was past from one generation to the next. I was born blue. It is part of my identity. Other than my sons getting born the next best feeling was when City beat Gillingham. City were all in that day if we had lost there may not be man city. Throughout those times we were always there in fact we sang about. I pity the fans of so called successful clubs. I have asked many city fans what was better wining the league or beating Gillingham most say the 1999 playoffs. Dickov's goal better than Aguero's. When I was on business in a foreign country I'd just put my city shirt on go to a bar met a fellow fan and we'd be brother in arms. City never won anything in the top division in my lifetime before the FA cup that's over 40 years. Yet when I could afford to go as a kid and later as a sty dent I had to queue for a ticket on Monday or there was a chance I wouldn't get a good seat at MR.

My opinion on Lampard is well know on here CFG need to apologise to the fans for this FU.

However, there is a vocal minority on here that for personal reasons are using this to drive a wedge between fans from Manchester and New York. I support all three teams and follow the results of the MCFCs as we havent started playing yet. I spoke to many fans on Sunday and not one I spoke to belittle this club. In fact as City fans have suffered all were sympathetic and understood why fans here are upset. Even though my sons' have only known success with City they will never experience the camaraderie I did. For that I pitty them.

I disagree I think NYCFC in 5 years will be the biggest MLS team. CFG have big plans I am sure.

However, those on here have to understand the link city fans have to the club. In the dark times city support was past from one generation to the next. I was born blue. It is part of my identity. Other than my sons getting born the next best feeling was when City beat Gillingham. City were all in that day if we had lost there may not be man city. Throughout those times we were always there in fact we sang about. I pity the fans of so called successful clubs. I have asked many city fans what was better wining the league or beating Gillingham most say the 1999 playoffs. Dickov's goal better than Aguero's. When I was on business in a foreign country I'd just put my city shirt on go to a bar met a fellow fan and we'd be brother in arms. City never won anything in the top division in my lifetime before the FA cup that's over 40 years. Yet when I could afford to go as a kid and later as a sty dent I had to queue for a ticket on Monday or there was a chance I wouldn't get a good seat at MR.

My opinion on Lampard is well know on here CFG need to apologise to the fans for this FU.

However, there is a vocal minority on here that for personal reasons are using this to drive a wedge between fans from Manchester and New York. I support all three teams and follow the results of the MCFCs as we havent started playing yet. I spoke to many fans on Sunday and not one I spoke to belittle this club. In fact as City fans have suffered all were sympathetic and understood why fans here are upset. Even though my sons' have only known success with City they will never experience the camaraderie I did. For that I pitty them.

I don't disagree with most of that, but it has very little to do with the post you were responding to.

What concerns me is...when are they going to start spending money?

What's to stop them from pulling an RBNY in a couple of years when there is a) no stadium deal b) the Yankees pull out and c) people are still upset we only have 1 DP on the roster.

What concerns me is...when are they going to start spending money?

What's to stop them from pulling an RBNY in a couple of years when there is a) no stadium deal b) the Yankees pull out and c) people are still upset we only have 1 DP on the roster.

With respect, you need to wait a little longer. January is a hard time to buy top players as there's only one month to replace them and few clubs are happy to release a good player half way through a season - most of the top leagues are in the middle of their seasons. Those few clubs who will sell a good player will only do so if they can get another player in to replace the player they are selling, and then it becomes like buying a house - you can't complete your purchase until the seller completes their own purchase, but that won't happen until the club they are buying from has secured their own replacement for the player they are losing, and it all turns into one big chain. On top of this, clubs tend to prefer to prolong the transfer talks as it lets them negotiate a better deal and also if they make the buying club start to sweat then it can prompt the buying club to start throwing more money at the deal in an attempt to force it through. There's a reason that a majority of January deals go through towards the end of the month.

Falastur Falastur That's all well and good.

But they've had 20 months by my count to get a number of things off the ground. Right now, we have 19 players, 4 coaches, a Technical Director, a CBO and office space in Manhattan.

- We were told there would be 3 DPs. Right now, we have 1, maybe 2. I am OK waiting until January 31st before I lose my cool over this
- We were told there would be a soccer specific stadium. Right now, we are further from that than we were in April of 2013

Falastur Falastur That's all well and good.

But they've had 20 months by my count to get a number of things off the ground. Right now, we have 19 players, 4 coaches, a Technical Director, a CBO and office space in Manhattan.

- We were told there would be 3 DPs. Right now, we have 1, maybe 2. I am OK waiting until January 31st before I lose my cool over this
- We were told there would be a soccer specific stadium. Right now, we are further from that than we were in April of 2013

I get that. Trust me, I'm getting a little jumpy myself, but I am confident that another DP will be signed before the end of January.

As for the SSS, I would have to say "blame the Mayoral office". I'd like CFG to just fork out the money as well, but honestly if they were to just stump up all the cash they'd probably be looking at spending more than $1b to force the deal through and then pay for all the costs. Stadia don't come cheap, and NYC is a crazy expensive place to build one. Realistically, it may be that CFG need to strike a deal just to make the stadium financially realistic.

I would also point out that when NYCFC were launched, we were told that the Yankees were included in the project essentially for the reason that they could lend their legal expertise and influence to force a stadium deal through. All the talk so far has been of CFG failing to strike a deal. I'm yet to hear of the Yankees exerting any influence on the proceedings whatsoever.

But they had to know going in that it was impossible to build a stadium here? Look at the Yankees - they spent 15 years trying to get a new stadium built. And they were going to build it next door. Just saying.

But they had to know going in that it was impossible to build a stadium here? Look at the Yankees - they spent 15 years trying to get a new stadium built. And they were going to build it next door. Just saying.
And they're the Yankees.

Reactions: Kjbert
I was one of the first posters on this thread and now that I've had some few days to calm down, I will be sticking it out but with plenty of caution. My rep called me yesterday and I didn't get to speak with him but will be talking to him later today to see what the club has to say.

On a side note, even though many MCFC supporters are coming here to call us names and tell us to relax, I do appreciate the ones who can actually see things from our point of view instead of berating us endlessly.