What made you more upset?

• Kit

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • Lampard

Votes: 75 74.3%
  • Neither

Votes: 18 17.8%

• Total voters
Lampard is a lot worse in my opinion. The uniform is just laundry, it'll change next year and has no impact on team performance.

Losing a DP hurts the product on the field, and puts the team at a disadvantage through July or whenever he shows up. Then you lose more time as he figures out his role, gets used to teammates, etc. Not to mention fatigue from a long English season. It's a bad situation.

I was one of the first posters on this thread and now that I've had some few days to calm down, I will be sticking it out but with plenty of caution. My rep called me yesterday and I didn't get to speak with him but will be talking to him later today to see what the club has to say.
If you haven't already, check the thread titled something like "I spoke to my rep and feel better." There was a pretty clear script yesterday and we'd all be curious to see if it changes a bit over time.

If you haven't already, check the thread titled something like "I spoke to my rep and feel better." There was a pretty clear script yesterday and we'd all be curious to see if it changes a bit over time.

I'll try and find that one and see if it's the same story.

Yep, 37 and just finishing an EPL season, he'll be exhausted when he arrives and trying to gel with a bunch of guys who have been playing for 5 or 6 months together...

The entire season will likely be lost for Frank here.

To be fair to Frank though, although I know he will be beyond exhausted and I have no idea how he will go about playing without a break, everything I have heard about him from Chelsea staff, fans and players is that he is an extremely intelligent person and player. So I'm not sure it will actually take him too long to get acclimated with the team and the league.

Reactions: Kjbert
To be fair to Frank though, although I know he will be beyond exhausted and I have no idea how he will go about playing without a break, everything I have heard about him from Chelsea staff, fans and players is that he is an extremely intelligent person and player. So I'm not sure it will actually take him too long to get acclimated with the team and the league.
He better hope his in-game IQ doesn't pick now to desert him. He's going to need them more than ever. He can't afford to start slow.

The kit bothered me. The Lampard situation made me leave. I was willing to support a club that wore Manchester City colors. I will not support a club that is an inferior minor league team to a club I bear no allegiance to.

Maybe I was naive to think CFG cared about what was best for NYCFC. Maybe I should have known better. But it turns out this was never the club I thought it was, and I never was a supporter of what it actually is.

Goodbye NYCFC.

lol.

MCFC season ends in May. Lamps arrives at NYCFC in July. He will have had a break. That and he is a bit part player for us. Most likely play around 30% of the total season. He'll be fresh and raring to go. He may need a little time if the heat is high.

The kit bothered me. The Lampard situation made me leave. I was willing to support a club that wore Manchester City colors. I will not support a club that is an inferior minor league team to a club I bear no allegiance to.

Maybe I was naive to think CFG cared about what was best for NYCFC. Maybe I should have known better. But it turns out this was never the club I thought it was, and I never was a supporter of what it actually is.

Goodbye NYCFC.

This is comedy! Where is the loyalty...

The picture of the food looks tasty, but maybe discuss some other stuff first before you get into the frank drama. Makes you look like a troll, even if you are not.

Reactions: Narrowback gal
If you say you aren't supporting a team because a player misses a few games then so be it. He should "support" someone else.

Yeah. You need to catch up. Both he and the club said he signed a contract when that was a lie. I guess you're either OK with that or coming in stirring this up without knowing what happened. Either way, set to ignore.

Reactions: Narrowback gal
If you say you aren't supporting a team because a player misses a few games then so be it. He should "support" someone else.
At this point, we're all a little sick of "newbies" flooding in to tell us how we're allowed to feel and what we are allowed to say. If you don't have a seasoned supporter or donator badge on your avatar, maybe you should just sit out this discussion, because you're really not helping your cause.

At this point, we're all a little sick of "newbies" flooding in to tell us how we're allowed to feel and what we are allowed to say. If you don't have a seasoned supporter or donator badge on your avatar, maybe you should just sit out this discussion, because you're really not helping your cause.

I think people should say what they feel, regardless of "forum seniority" or ticket affiliation BUT I do think people should at least read the lengthy discussions we've had throughout the months before saying things that have already been said and start any unnecessary nonsense.

I think people should say what they feel, regardless of "forum seniority" or ticket affiliation BUT I do think people should at least read the lengthy discussions we've had throughout the months before saying things that have already been said and start any unnecessary nonsense.
If they did go through and read previous discussions before commenting, that would be great- but they don't, they just launch into the same territory that has been covered relentlessly. They're not here for a real exchange, they're here to chide us and spout the glory of being a "member of the family" and Lordy, it gets more and more grating.

I guess I am in the minority here. The Lampard thing is disappointing, but after the initial shock faded a bit and I thought about it rationally-- it is pretty understandable that Frank would want to stay and play out the season at the highest level where he is having success and getting adulation right now. He'll be here in July and provide a nice boost. Even if he doesn't come, he is only one player, and an old one at that, we will be just fine without him.

Meanwhile-- we are stuck with this kit. I am very disappointed that they didn't put in any effort, or pay any respect, to the idea of forging a unique identity. Fine, throw some sky blue in there. But the fact that they just swapped out the MCFC patch for NYCFC.... ouch. I thought they hit it out of the park (Yankee reference) with the crest, and other efforts, so it is a shame about the kit. I don't plan to buy it. I do like the second kit.

Back to Lampard. As much as some don't want to admit it-- MLS is a B league compared to Europe. Right now anyway. I am not a "snob", it is just the facts. Kobe Bryant is 36, he is not going to go play in Europe if he has a shot winning the championship with an NBA team this year. Hopefully one day not too far in the future the US will catch up. For us grown ups (i.e. over 30 :)), it is amazing to see a US league reach the level it has already, believe me! But for now how can you blame the guy. We are not dependent on him!