Where Do We Stand In Mls?

Ok so now that Calle is official I am assuming that is probably our last big signing until summer. So my updated starting 11 is:

--------------------Nemec----------Villa---------------------
----------------------------Diskerud--------------------------
---------------Grabavoy---------------Calle------------------
----------------------------Jacobson--------------------------
-----Brovsky-----Mendoza---Hernandez---Williams----
------------------------------Meara

This for me

Ok so now that Calle is official I am assuming that is probably our last big signing until summer. So my updated starting 11 is:

--------------------Nemec---------Villa---------------------
---------------------------Diskerud--------------------------
------------------Calle--------------Grabavoy---------------
----------------------------Poku------------------------------
-----Wingert-----Mendoza---Hernandez---Williams----

You all probably understand formations better than me, but correct me if I am wrong...in a diamon, do you not sometiems see the LM and RM pinch in tight, with the DM playing very deep in the hole? If that's the case, I think Diskerud easily slots in as an AM, but Jacobson could easily play RM in that configuration.

Just seems to be a lot of smoke about this Poku kid.

You all probably understand formations better than me, but correct me if I am wrong...in a diamon, do you not sometiems see the LM and RM pinch in tight, with the DM playing very deep in the hole? If that's the case, I think Diskerud easily slots in as an AM, but Jacobson could easily play RM in that configuration.

Just seems to be a lot of smoke about this Poku kid.
Sure they can pinch on offense, but on defense they need to cover the wider areas. Looking at most of our midfielders, they have versatility in common, they could play multiple places in a diamond or flat 4. I think that is Kreis' philosophy and that is the players he likes. I wouldn't get too hung up on who plays where in the diamond, they will float to some degree during the game.

Last edited:
Sure they can pinch on offense, but on defense they need to cover the wider areas. Looking at most of our midfielders, they have versatility in common, they could play multiple places in a diamond or flat 4. I think that is Kreis' philosophy and that is the players he likes. I wouldn't get too hung up on who plays where in the diamond, they will float top some degree during the game.

But if you have attacking fullbacks, couldn't they cover the flanks and have your CMs drop in?

But if you have attacking fullbacks, couldn't they cover the flanks and have your CMs drop in?
You mean like only have the CBs and the DM on the back line, with the FBs pushed higher on defense? That would be more like a 3-5-2, right? I don't know if we have the DM for that formation on the roster.